Am I a bad daughter? *vent*

Aw don't feel bad! Some ppl just don't like it when others have the same thing..that's ok. It sounds like you're definitely not gonna get them now that your mom has them, so I would say just get over it and fall in love with a different pair. I'm sure it will be very easy with the new collections coming out! And you'll totally rock em! :supacool:

Sweetie, I have to say your feelings hit close to home for me. What I will say is, I went on a Carribean Cruise with my mother and one of her friends when I was 18 and I tell you I had the BEST time with my mom. We did it all! I no longer have my mom in my life, lost her way too soon.... but the memories of this cruise we went on I will cherish forever for so many reasons.

It's okay that you feel the way you do, it's life and we all sometimes take for granted what is really important.... and I'm glad you opened this thread because now you will see that this is not something to be upset or dissapointed about.

Get the sunglasses and rock em with your mom! Have a great time on your cruise! ;)

I don't know how old you are, but I am 47 and my Mom is in her 70's with numerous health issues due to almost being killed by a drunk driver who broadsided her car in broad daylight two years ago. I would be thrilled to have her wear the same sunglasses or carry the same bag as me. She made so many sacrifices for me and my siblings growing up and never owned designer items. I try to share mine, but she feels uncomfortable wearing/carrying such expensive things. So yeah, I think your feelings about this are a little bit over the top (interesting screen name too).

If you have been dreaming about the sunglasses get them, and enjoy them. I agree that nobody will care that you and your mother are wearing the same style sunglasses. Have fun and enjoy the cruise with your mom!

I say get a pair for yourself! My mom and I have a lot of the same things and I don't mind it at all. Of course, I'd feel odd if we were both wearing the same purse/sunglasses/jewelry at the same time :sweatdrop: Try not to worry about it too much and just have fun on your cruise! :wlae:

Honestly, I would probably be a little peeved too, but I wouldn't say anything to my mom about it. I agree with the others, though. If you want the sunglasses, go ahead and get them! You'll both look fabulous! ;)

I understand how you feel - it must be quite frustrating seeing as you told her how much you love them. But I would get the sunglasses anyway! The pair of sunglasses look different on different people anyway. Also, besides the cruise, I'm sure there are many more occasions for you to wear the sunglasses while your mum is not around. If I loved them that much, I'd get it no matter who had it

maybe u can buy it in another colour

guess you're kinda bummed cos it's something you wanted for a few months now, give ur time 1 - 2 days and you won't be bummed anymore

you get to go out and find another perfect pair of sunnies!

Oh, how I wish my Mom and I share fashion tastes. My Mom is very intimidated by designer stuff, just the way she was raised I guess. I'd count myself lucky that you will be able to share things.

I wouldn't get upset over a pair of sunglasses. Have a great time on the cruise with your Mom. Take lots of pics, and I guarantee when you look back at the cruise years from now, you'll laugh at how silly you were over the sunnies and feel grateful you had a wonderful time with Mom.

well, unless you and your Mom are glued to each other 24/7 why not get them anyway?

they're sunglasses, JUST sunglasses. I bet your mom looks great in them and she is thrilled that she'll have a pair like her young, cool daughter.

Buy the sunnies you want, and give your Mom a big hug and tell her how great she looks wearing hers.

Have a great vacation!

^^ITA. LOVE and TREASURE your mom. There's nothing wrong with being twinkies once in a while!!

I don't see the big deal? I hope you didn't say anything to your poor mother about this. It's just a silly pair of sunglasses, it's not like she stole your personal style and then sold it to Valentino.

Just get another pair for yourself and you guys can be matching and cute! Sunglasses look so different on everyone that probably nobody will even notice.

Go ahead and get them, you two arent always going to be together.. You both can rock them on the cruise ship together...If I really wanted them that bad, they'd be mine- no matter who bought them