All things Alexander McQueen Chat and Share thread....

So for some reason, purseforum had not been working for me for a looong while not letting me comment, but I've been consistently lurking and oohing and aahing at everyone's purchases!

in short: They're all as stunning as they should be!

(even though the new collection on the website isn't too covetable for the menswear, and what is covetable is downright too expensive!)

chemistshmemist said:
So for some reason, purseforum had not been working for me for a looong while not letting me comment, but I've been consistently lurking and oohing and aahing at everyone's purchases!

in short: They're all as stunning as they should be!

(even though the new collection on the website isn't too covetable for the menswear, and what is covetable is downright too expensive!)

I know how you feel. It's too formal for my liking. And the only piece I like is about £500.

Right so, my mum has this McQueen candle (I believe its called 8am or something) and I was wondering if anyone knew if they still sold them? Hers is running out and I want to get one for her, for Christmas. I've tried emailing CS SOOOOOO many times and they just don't reply!

Right so, my mum has this McQueen candle (I believe its called 8am or something) and I was wondering if anyone knew if they still sold them? Hers is running out and I want to get one for her, for Christmas. I've tried emailing CS SOOOOOO many times and they just don't reply!

its called 9 am its a memorial candle for McQueen's passing (i believe the name comes from either when the time his body was found or declared dead SO SAD:crybaby::cry::rain:smile:you cannot get them anymore. I bought one at the bond street store in 2010 and they gave me a invitaton to the sample sales :yahoo:
and i got one off of ebay last year (it came with a engraved metal lid so pretty)
and in the US in 2010 they gave them away for free with online purchases:nogood:
Last time i was in the Bond street store they were still burning the candle so you could always try and contact them to see if they still have any.
GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
its called 9 am its a memorial candle for McQueen's passing (i believe the name comes from either when the time his body was found or declared dead SO SAD:crybaby::cry::rain:smile:you cannot get them anymore. I bought one at the bond street store in 2010 and they gave me a invitaton to the sample sales :yahoo:
and i got one off of ebay last year (it came with a engraved metal lid so pretty)
and in the US in 2010 they gave them away for free with online purchases:nogood:
Last time i was in the Bond street store they were still burning the candle so you could always try and contact them to see if they still have any.
GOOD LUCK

I'm 99% sure she had these candles way before lee's death but I think I might ring Bond St. up tomorrow to see if they do sell them still. I hope they do as they smell so good!
Plus I *may* have to have a mcqueen spend whilst in New York but we'll see...

do either of these clutches work with this dress (or should i just go with a red chanel)?
20120824_195836.jpg

20120824_195735.jpg

here's better pics of each one seperately:
Screenshot2012-08-24at81514PM.png

herve-leger-red-exclusive-lipstick-ombre-bandage-dress-product-1-2348201-184195156_large_flex.jpg

barnacle.jpg

if neither above clutches will work, would this look too christmas-y (:P)?
IMG_0178.jpg

here's the red chanel (will work if none of the clutches go):
DSC01924.jpg

do either of these clutches work with this dress (or should i just go with a red chanel)?
20120824_195836.jpg

20120824_195735.jpg

here's better pics of each one seperately:
Screenshot2012-08-24at81514PM.png

herve-leger-red-exclusive-lipstick-ombre-bandage-dress-product-1-2348201-184195156_large_flex.jpg

barnacle.jpg

if neither above clutches will work, would this look too christmas-y (:P)?
IMG_0178.jpg

here's the red chanel (will work if none of the clutches go):
DSC01924.jpg

if you wear nude shoes with the nude clutch it would look fine, i dont think the barnacle jacquard one, or the green chanel go with it. hope this helps

jamamcg said:
if you wear nude shoes with the nude clutch it would look fine, i dont think the barnacle jacquard one, or the green chanel go with it. hope this helps

^^^^ITA! I love to contrast between the nude and red. IMO the red Channel is to matchy matchy. You will look gorgeous either way!!

I just purchased this skull print silk chiffon scarf from NAP. I've wanted one for a while but had never seen one in person. Anywho I didn't know the material was so thin, and they attached all the tags, it started to pull. Is this common or should I contact NAP about this?
ry%3D480