All things Alexander McQueen Chat and Share thread....

It's been a bit lackluster, although Sarah didn't need to necessarily step down for a refresh. Oh well. Let's see who steps into the CD shoes. I hope it's not someone who does not have any formal design or fashion training.

I haven’t been on this thread in a really long time, but have been collecting various vintage and new McQueen pieces silently in the background and am really interested to see what the future holds with a new creative director…

I haven’t seen this posted yet, so wanted to share….part of the Lady Gaga costume exhibit in Las Vegas (her jazz show is amazing btw)…

Definitely one of my top 10 favorite looks and from Lee’s final collection. The photo does not do this piece justice, it is absolutely stunning in person!

Let’s revive this thread!
IMG_0770.jpeg

As Alexander McQueen started his career in Savile Row, im thinking of going full circle when I have my next Savile Row suit made and having the jacket styled on my AMcQ jacket, then cigarette pants and possibly a mini skirt to create a 3 piece suit..

I haven’t decided whether to have this done in 2024 or 2025, but it’s a great jacket, and deserves to be copied.
As an Italian 36 is a French 32 I don’t seem to have grown very much!

Reactions: papertiger
I haven’t been on this thread in a really long time, but have been collecting various vintage and new McQueen pieces silently in the background and am really interested to see what the future holds with a new creative director…

I haven’t seen this posted yet, so wanted to share….part of the Lady Gaga costume exhibit in Las Vegas (her jazz show is amazing btw)…

Definitely one of my top 10 favorite looks and from Lee’s final collection. The photo does not do this piece justice, it is absolutely stunning in person!

Let’s revive this thread!
View attachment 5874567
I saw this display in 2019. Do they still have the Armadillo shoes?

I actually think it showed a lot of promise. Sean McGirr has some giant shoes to fill, and I liked some of the subtle nods back to Lee’s early shows (before the brand joined Gucci group) like Dante, the Birds, and Widows of Culloden. Some of the pieces seemed a little incoherent so I wish I understood the story a bit better. I think it’s going to take a few seasons for him to find his place within the brand and vision like many new creative directors, but overall, I thought it was a good first show and a fresh take and interpretation.

I really was disappointed with the bags and the men’s clothes looked like David Bowie cosplay with pants that needed to be hemmed so they tied the bottoms or something… I tried so hard to be like McQueen is supposed to be uncomfortable and it’s presentation and while there were a few pieces that were okay, but like it just seemed all over the place. With Sarah Burton the pieces were beautiful and looked well made for being bad@ss and this just didn’t look it… But I’m just so glad I have the pieces I have now and will treasure them even more…

As a side note: I also liked that Sarah Burton had different size women in her shows… I think I’m not the market Kering wants and that’s okay too…

I think SB's offerings were getting a bit samey, but her last collection (SS24) was excellent.

I didn't think that much of SMcG's show. I can see what market they think they're going for and I think they were going for the vibe of McQueen's earlier shows pre-Kerring, like 'It's a Jungle Out There'.

What it looked like was a cheap-a$$ McQueen knock-offs of Lee's 'best of' hits. What exactly did McGill do besides go through the archive and find some of McQueen's most unwearable/catwalk-only pieces and tell the models to shuffle and scowl.

From non-stop tailoring to wearing bin-liners and flowers-pots