Advice wanted re Birkin 25

I'm odd in that I prefer smaller bags more than larger bags. I'm 5'9 and have 31 Bolides and a 32 and 35 Kelly (plus other H bags that are about 30 cm, like Dalvys, Trims, etc.). I've tried to visualize a 30 Birkin on me and it seems too small - but only because of the Birkin's style - being a tote, by nature it seems to "need" to be slightly oversized.

Because of this, it's going to be a 35 Birkin for me when that day comes. Even though I think my 32 Kelly and my 31 Bolides suit me better, the tote style just needs to be a bit oversized. Just my 2c.

But if you don't mind a smaller tote, than you're should get it.

*hugs Aunty Wong and GF*

I wouldn't beat you up for your snacks :biggrin: But if you're wanting to send Tim Tams my way, I ain't saying no :lol:

Okay, yes, I remember the one I tried with you was Chartreuse/Vert Anis clemence, this one looks completly different because it's very pale.

I also tried a black Clemence 35 (with GHW) and it looked, if possible, totally out of place on me, as if I was wearing a briefcase. It had looked fine when I'd tried on a brown one, remember?

^Yes the chocolate one looked good on you. It's a matter of finding the right combo for not only your height and weight but also your general look.

Remember how much of a frumpster I looked with the choc 35?

And the briefcase phenomenon. LOL. I know it well. My 35 Kelly looks just like a briefcase on me. When my SIL modelled it, she looked the same way Grace Kelly did carrying her bags - elegant. Me - like I was off to work. Boo hoo.

Aunty GF will have to send you the TimTams. They're completely off the shelves here. Been out of stock for 3 weeks now. I ain't complaining though - lost 1.5kg in that time!

OK, we officially have TimTams here in Holland at the expat store!!!! Wooooooo.......

Back on Topic:

Perja, I'd really love to see this on you before giving my opinion. I love the colour, it's going to be great for spring/summer, but I know that I'd have it coated in jeans transfer, crayons and chocolate finger prints like *snaps fingers* that.

Does this mean I have to come back down there? Because I will :yes:. Honestly, at the end of the day, if you love it and will use it then you should get it.

Perja, just re-read your original post and you said...

"It looks great on me, which I found surprising, I love the colour and it's probably a pretty unique piece."

If your heart says go for it.....then.....:yes:

After seeing NS's, I would say it's a great little bag. Perfect for NS.... give it to her.
:roflmfao:
rose you are a scream!
ninja's 25 birkin is astonishing lovely & i was amazed indeed when i opened her up and peeked inside.
i am 5'4'' and i blessedly own a 20 kelly, formerly housed by ninja herself.
idea for you:
I wore her the other cool evening as a messenger over a navy armani jacket (sportcoat style), and tied an H scarf to lengthen her, attached to the shoulder strap. The scarf crossed my back (navy, black, white and teeny bits of chartreuse & vert anis in it)

Hi everyone,

Despite loving this bag, I passed on it because my SO/podiums are coming in this year. It'll come around again eventually ^-^

Thanks for the advice :flowers: