A PRADA Bag...WTF ???

Customs switch... likely tale...
The guys there had a fake prada bag ready to switch for a pretty-much-unknown-to-most-people-on-earth-except-for-us-freaks-Chloe Elvire ...
As someone said, it is the seller's responsibility to deliver what she promised and you are covered by PayPal...
On a more cheerful note, this is a divine sign that you should use the money that will undoubtedly be refunded to you on yet another quilted bay...
All the best and keep us posted...

Thanks CHB...I think the Prada bag could well be a fake. I'm not very familiar with Prada but the leather is pretty horrible, so I wouldn't be suprised ( there is a care card and authenticity card inside but that doesn't mean anything).
I'll follow your advice and keep my fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.

Perhaps you should have it authenticated on the A.T.Prada thread?

No problem, BTW. :flowers:

Yes, good advice with the pics, and don't throw anything away.

I would call the customs also and get them involved. Explain everything to them and hopefully you get someone who would care to help, if not, keep calling.

Open the dispute with paypal, I took a look at the listing and the Paypal Buyer Protection states "£500 buyer protection available on this item with PayPal. See terms & conditions".

You should be fine! Just cooperate and maybe take an extra step to call into customs so they can investigate on their part.

Yes, good advice with the pics, and don't throw anything away.

I would call the customs also and get them involved. Explain everything to them and hopefully you get someone who would care to help, if not, keep calling.

Open the dispute with paypal, I took a look at the listing and the Paypal Buyer Protection states "£500 buyer protection available on this item with PayPal. See terms & conditions".

You should be fine! Just cooperate and maybe take an extra step to call into customs so they can investigate on their part.

Isnt there a risk of getting into trouble with customs because the bag had been marked as gift when it wasnt?:confused1:

Well Maria since she paid the fee I think the whole gift thing is null and void? Customes since they took the money must get involved now.

Tag with all your plates spinning it never fails that one falls in the thick of things. Center your self and be diligent. CHB is truly a tiger with advice and I'm lovin DOHB's pearls as well.

One thing I've learned about this forum, there are some gutsy, ballsy women here who do not tolerate fraud and deception, they will help you fight the good fight! You'll get retribution don't worry. But like a barnacle on a ship, you just have to hang on for the ride. I'm thinking it was a switch at customs. I hate to think the seller is a creepy, sneaky thief.

I soooo hate you have to go through this. One step at a time. IT WILL BE RESOLVED.

^^^^^

Well the seller took the decision to mark it as a gift not you so i cannot see how you can get in trouble for that.

I seriously doubt that customs did this, had the package been opened? Oh yes if they charged duty then they must have examined the bag I suppose.

However, likewise it is unbelievable to think that a seller would try to pull this either, a most peculiar situation. I can see a possibility of a mistake in two bags getting mixed up & going to the wrong buyers but if the seller is denying all knowledge of the Prada bag, there is something very funny going on!
I hope you get it sorted without being out of pocket!

That sounds about right. If it passed as a gift, usually if the seller marks it as one, there is no fee. I've experienced this while shipping internationally several times. But I could be wrong, I don't know about UK customs all that much.

So assuming that she had to pay, it wasn't marked as a gift? But that was a good observation though! Nice to see we all use our brains other than keeping track of the vintage/latest styles. :tup:

Isnt there a risk of getting into trouble with customs because the bag had been marked as gift when it wasnt?:confused1:

Well, presumably, customs didn't believe it was a gift, as they charged Tag anyway? :shrugs:

If anyone gets into trouble, though, it will be the seller for fraudulently marking it as a gift, not Tag.

This is a truly truly horrible mess Tag. I'm so sorry for you, what a:censor: nightmare. You must be so mad and dissapointed. I can't believe people do this sort of thing:sad: I don't think i'll ever buy a bag off ebay, just too risky. I hope you get some sort of compensation. And evan if you get the chance to have the Elvire i think it is totally ruined now, the whole experience leaves a bad taste :yucky:

OMG wow this is awful. I feel sorry for you and the seller if this is what customs did but if the seller sent the wrong bag I dont uderstand her reason as I looked at her completed auctions and she hasnt sold any Prada lately
:-s

Tag, this is a really wierd situation, so sorry you are going through this fiasco. I've watched some of the seller's auctions, and they seem legit, however, I have no personal experience with this seller. You would think that a seller would not even try something like that, a Prada for a Chloe.....who would accept a bag other than what they purchased. Maybe as customs were checking packages, they accidently switched contents.
Chloehandbags has some great advice on this situation. Hope it all works out.

Reading this makes me mad. Of course seller must have put the prada bag into the packet. Everything else seems too unlikely. I seriously doubt tag can get in any trouble for that it was marked as a gift since it wasnt her marking it as a gift. You should get a full refund. I understand if you dont want the elvire after all this trouble. It is an awful thing to happen. I really hope it resolves itself soon.

Unless as llson says customs accidentally switched the bags - checking two packages at the same time, took the bags out & put back in the wrong packages. You need to get customs involved, they will have records of what parcels were certified as dutiable that day.