A PRADA Bag...WTF ???

Tagullah

Nov 29, 2007
:wtf:Get this ...the package supposedly containing my Elephant Elvire arrived this morning and inside the package was a horrible stiff rectangular tan coloured Prada bag :cursing:. I can't tell you how shocked I was when I saw that:wtf:. I emailed the seller straight away and am assuming that this is a genuine case of human error but I just paid a £50 customs charge on the wrong bag. I don't quite know what to do now. I've got no intention of paying a second set of shipping charges to get the Elvire ( assuming it hasn't been sent to someone else who has decided to keep it), nor have I got any intention of shouldering the cost of sending this horrible Prada bag to the seller...and then there's the matter of the wasted customs charges...:crybaby:

This whole transaction has been a disaster from start to finish:Push:. Perhaps this is divine retribution for falling off the wagon:s. The seller has virtually flawless feedback so I just hope he/she is an honest person and will resolve this matter quickly. I'm not sure if I even want the Elvire any more or whether I'd just like to draw a line under the whole nightmare and get a full refund.I'm going to put a post up about this in the eBay section too in case anyone else has useful advice about how to sort this out. Thank goodness I paid using PayPal. Well, so much for a bag fix brightening up my day.....

I am sorry to hear that...
Maybe it is a genuine mistake and she will offer to send the bag (providing she didnt send it to the buyer of the prada bag) or a refund, in which case you'll just have to do a little bit of saving and your beloved pigalle bay will be yours...
Even if you lose some pounds, it may be a golden opportunity to get your purple bay...
Good luck... we will continue supporting your every time you fall off the wagon...
PS I dont want to know what WTF stands for... kind of guess it...

Unbelievable... the seller has just emailed me to say that she knows nothing about a Prada bag and she did send me the Elvire. She is suggesting that it was a customs switch...has anyone ever heard of such a thing ?

The package I received this morning has all the sellers information on it (address, phone number, tracking number etc) and the box didn't look like it had been opened. OMG, I think I've been the victim of a horrible fraud and it's making me feel physically ill, especially when I think of the amount of money I might have lost here...Any ideas on how to proceed would be much appreciated...

:wtf:Get this ...the package supposedly containing my Elephant Elvire arrived this morning and inside the package was a horrible stiff rectangular tan coloured Prada bag :cursing:. I can't tell you how shocked I was when I

First, try to resolve it with the seller in a very civil way if you haven't already. Also make sure you bring up the customs charge, although, if I'm correct shouldn't he/she mark it as "gift" so there is no fee? I would think the outcome of who will pay the customs charge will be up to the seller if there was no prior agreement.

If the seller does not respond in a couple of days, file a dispute with Paypal. They have a great resolution center that covers up to $500 and maybe up to $2000 if you're qualified if I remember correctly.

Read this Paypal Buyer Complaint Process and it should lead to the right places to file a dispute.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

I was once a victim of a $2k computer fraud on Ebay. I took matters into my own hands and requested the Seller's contact information in the Help Section of Ebay. Once I had his name, address, and phone number, I called the police department of where he lived. I got lucky and had a dispatch officer knock on this guy's door and asked him for my money back. I explained everything to the officer, and I'm glad he empathized and did that for me.

Oh dear, Tagullah, what a mess!
hysteric.gif

I am so sorry about this! But I am sure you are on the safe side, since you received an item that is for sure different from what was listed and described in the auction, and that is a true case of Paypal buyer's support. Maybe you should go for the refund, as your mind is set on the Pigalle Bay... I do hope that this case can be solved soon and without further complications, it is terrible enough as it is!
rant.gif
:censor:
mad.gif

Unbelievable... the seller has just emailed me to say that she knows nothing about a Prada bag and she did send me the Elvire. She is suggesting that it was a customs switch...has anyone ever heard of such a thing ?

No, I can't say I have. Not to say it couldn't happen, but I've certainly never heard of it. :nogood:

The package I received this morning has all the sellers information on it (address, phone number, tracking number etc) and the box didn't look like it had been opened. OMG, I think I've been the victim of a horrible fraud and it's making me feel physically ill, especially when I think of the amount of money I might have lost here...Any ideas on how to proceed would be much appreciated...

Oh dear, Tag, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. :sad:

Is the Prada bag a fake, do you think?

Either way, take lots of pics, ASAP, of all the packaging (some with the bag inside, as you received it), as well as the bag itself.

Definitely file a SNAD dispute with Paypal. :yes: It is the seller's responsibility to ensure that the correct item, in as described condition, reaches the buyer.

So, whether it is her fault, or not and if it is her fault, whether it was intentional, or not; she is responsible for sorting all this out, not you.

On the dispute page, ask for a full refund, including your shipping costs both ways (assuming you are told to return it to her - if it is a fake, you may not be). State that you should not be out-of-pocket at all, as none of this is your fault.

Be sure to include all the details and any correspondence between you and the seller, as you can't add anything once you escalate to a claim (unless Paypal request it).

If you return the bag to the seller, be sure to use a service that includes tracking, insurance and signature confirmation.

BTW, you can contact HM Customs and tell them what happened and they should send you a form to fill in to request a refund of customs charges and VAT. :yes:

Please let us know how you get on. :flowers:

Thanks CHB...I think the Prada bag could well be a fake. I'm not very familiar with Prada but the leather is pretty horrible, so I wouldn't be suprised ( there is a care card and authenticity card inside but that doesn't mean anything).
I'll follow your advice and keep my fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.

OMG, I'm so sorry this happened to you... It's one of my nightmares, this one, getting a wrong bag, that I can't return it...

What does the seller mean by "a customs switch", there is no such thing!!!

Hope everything turns out fine in the end... Pls keep us posted...