8-9 year olds-now I heard everything.

I HATE things that are written across girls butts. It's ugly! And all it does is draw uneeded attention there.

I also loathe spray tans / fake bakes for girls. Even those in high school. You don't need it. I work with a woman whos 25+ years old and swears by one of them. She says she does it weekly. No wonder she looks like she's 35 and a rasin.

As for the shaving of the legs, I started that at 12 behind my moms back. Girls started to make fun of me and my hair was LONG. My mom wouldn't let me do it, so, I stole her razor and did it myself every other day for gym. It's humilating to have such long hair (esp armpit!) and your parents not letting you do anything about it. I like 8 and 9 is too young, heck, you're not even dressing out for gym yet! But, in middle school, if it's bad, then, it's not that horrible to let them start.

My parents started to let me paint my nails when I was around 4, and it was the rip of type. So, when it dried, it could come off. I had to take it off whenever I put it on at the end of the day and my parents let me start wearing actually polish when I was 6 or so. Polish, as long as it's not for fake nails, isn't so bad, it's just cute :smile:

Both my sister and I BEGGED our parents to get our ears pierced. Until that point (7 for me, 5 for my sister) we wore those sticker earrings. THey did what we wanted done and they just peeled off when we were done w/ them.

It also sickens me to see girls in high heels. I could get heels (anything an inch or over) when I hit 7th grade, around 12. I could start wearing my 3 inch chunky heels when I was 14.

I just dont get it. Let kids be kids! I think my parents did a pretty good job of letting us jsut be kids and we only pressed our parents to change their ways when we felt pressure at school, and even then they didn't always relent. Ugk....thoughts of kids being like this at such a young age puts me even further off from wanting any and having to deal with kids being mean all over again.

I don't mind the nail polish. I sometimes do a manicure for my daughter and let her soak her feet in my foot spa and I will do a peppermint scrub and them put some moisturizer and socks on her and she thinks she is so pampered. She just got her ears pierced last year. I had to wait till I was 16 to get mine pierced.... I think kids need to be kids but will all that is happening on TV shows (even Disney) they just want to look like so and so.