$3,500 for a whaaaat??

Hello,

I just called the LV store here in Paris, because I found this so incredible...they find it just as incredible as I do! ln fact, they asked me to drop by the store with the print out of the ebay auction piece...so, I am on my way in just a little while (yet another reason to drop by the store)...the customer service rep I spoke with had NO RECOLECTION of this item...she may be mistaken...but, she said it is certainly a rip off...

....excuse to see my potential next handbag! ....stand by....I'm going to ask about that onion head thing too!

In the auction it states that she paid 875 euros. It's a lot of money but no one is making you buy it. Plus, I've seen CB pochettes sell for about $800-900. That's like doubling the original price. I don't see why you're having a cow cause she raised the price to make money.

Also, I'm pretty sure that an LV store doesn't recommend purchasing through eBay. Having you print it out and bring it over is just another reason to have you in the store with a chance of you purchasing something from them.

Sorry if it feels like I'm being rude but I'm not =) Just my .02

evolkatie said:
In the auction it states that she paid 875 euros. It's a lot of money but no one is making you buy it. Plus, I've seen CB pochettes sell for about $800-900. That's like doubling the original price. I don't see why you're having a cow cause she raised the price to make money.

Also, I'm pretty sure that an LV store doesn't recommend purchasing through eBay. Having you print it out and bring it over is just another reason to have you in the store with a chance of you purchasing something from them.

i can understand the CB pochettes going for that much...but a 4 inch keychain for THIRTYFIVEHUNDREDDOLLARS :rolleyes:...tell me, that doesn't seem just a little bit outrageous to you??

evolkatie said:

No, I don't think you are rude at all:biggrin: Not in the least...there is a possibility that it is a genuine article...

No worries:rolleyes: I am just going to drop by the store which would have supplied the keychains at their remodelling and ask them about it...maybe the Customer Service rep didn't know what she was talking about....it's possible...the manager of the store will be able to tell, without a doubt, if they were ever sold or given ask gifts...it is really very close to my office, so it will be a pleasure:rolleyes: .

I have no qualms about going in the store and not buying today...it will still be there tomorrow if I want to buy that bag I have my eye on:yes:. They don't need me to print out things to show them to get me back in the "mothership" (thanks to boudoir for that cute nickname=)))))

here's more:
xpdks5.jpg

blackbutterfly said:
i can understand the CB pochettes going for that much...but a 4 inch keychain for THIRTYFIVEHUNDREDDOLLARS :rolleyes:...tell me, that doesn't seem just a little bit outrageous to you??

Lol, she can sell it for whatever price she wants. It's a lot of money, but again, no one is telling anyone to buy it. Also, I totally doubt that she'll sell it cause 1. she listed the retail 2. it's friggin expensive.

BTW, I've seen a cream/red CB pochette go for ~$2k, do you think that's outrageous also?