2024 Resolution: Shopping my own Bag and SLG Collection

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (9 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them by color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2023) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 11: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 18: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 25: Purple & Pink

Mar. 3: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 10: Green

Mar. 17: Black

Mar. 24: Gray

Mar. 31: White & Cream

Apr. 7: Brown & Tan

Apr. 14: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 21: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 28: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation

Congratulations !❤️❤️❤️❤️
New Gucci shirt as well?

Happy Birthday!

Thank you

Yes, new Gucci too, it's a shirt, but more like a shirt-dress on me (5'5"). The colour is sooooo beautiful and it's an archive, signed, equestrian print. I'd been looking at an Hermes silk Twillaine cardigan for a Summer 'topper', but the prints have been the most conservative year after year. I prefer this, it's more me.

Wow! Looks great.

Thank you, I like it more and more, I already wore it home.

I bought a new Byredo eye shadow palliate, last one in Selfridges (or so SA said) and a scarf that's based on an archive Pierre Balmain print scarf too, for the wedding next month, just in case I go 'safe' and just buy a LBD. Polka dots on one side and roses with thorns on the other.

Thank you

Yes, new Gucci too, it's a shirt, but more like a shirt-dress on me (5'5"). The colour is sooooo beautiful and it's an archive, signed, equestrian print. I'd been looking at an Hermes silk Twillaine cardigan for a Summer 'topper', but the prints have been the most conservative year after year. I prefer this, it's more me.

Thank you, I like it more and more, I already wore it home.

I bought a new Byredo eye shadow palliate, last one in Selfridges (or so SA said) and a scarf that's based on an archive Pierre Balmain print scarf too, for the wedding next month, just in case I go 'safe' and just buy a LBD. Polka dots on one side and roses with thorns on the other.
Beautiful !
I went to Harrods for my birthday last Friday, but you definitely did better than I did!

Wear/carry them in good health..I hope you had a nice lunch too-or managed to have a nice dinner with DH afterwards ❤️

YAY! Both are lovely! Happy birthday! :drinks: Can't wait to see action pics once you use them. :biggrin:

@jblended, belated birthday wishes and apologies for the delay. Looking forward to seeing your new bag when you’re able to upload pics.
Thank you very much! :hugs: I think I have to update my tech to get stuff to upload here again.
It's a small grey camera bag (my most used style) and has the PS signature colours on the strap. It's not in the league of the beauties most people here "reveal" but it's very "me" and absolutely perfect for my oddball collection. I can't wait to use it. :smile:

I've decided that instead of hunting down the perfect yellow bag, which has been a frustrating and futile pursuit for some time now, that I may just make my own. If I can get the right supplies where I am, I'll get started on this right away. It'll be a good way to distract me from some of my anxiety as well. :hrmm:
Will update if I get my hands on yellow leather.

Beautiful !
I went to Harrods for my birthday last Friday, but you definitely did better than I did!

Wear/carry them in good health..I hope you had a nice lunch too-or managed to have a nice dinner with DH afterwards ❤️

Love your new bag and shirt! Congrats!
Sending best wishes your way for a very happy birthday.:drinks:

Congratulations and happy birthday Papertiger!

YAY! Both are lovely! Happy birthday! :drinks: Can't wait to see action pics once you use them. :biggrin:

Thank you very much! :hugs: I think I have to update my tech to get stuff to upload here again.
It's a small grey camera bag (my most used style) and has the PS signature colours on the strap. It's not in the league of the beauties most people here "reveal" but it's very "me" and absolutely perfect for my oddball collection. I can't wait to use it. :smile:

I've decided that instead of hunting down the perfect yellow bag, which has been a frustrating and futile pursuit for some time now, that I may just make my own. If I can get the right supplies where I am, I'll get started on this right away. It'll be a good way to distract me from some of my anxiety as well. :hrmm:
Will update if I get my hands on yellow leather.

Thank you everyone :hugs:

Yay! Congrats! Happy Birthday!

:clap: Yay! Happy Birthday!

Thank you! :hugs:

My first slouchy Bal bag!

This year,
at least 20 bags out (more luggage and bags to go)
3 in

I am making myself feel better balancing those stats, doesn't make me feel so bad over the 3 bags in 4 months :lol:

Thank you all for kind support at this time, and also in the face of the bag's fairly negative reception in the Bal forum. I am really heartened Bal super-fan @ksuromax bought a new Le City. + We are twins (I think) on your neon lizard BV knots (and bangles?) too, but may be not the same colour.

What you all think? I have to go to a Saint Laurent event tomorrow (work) which is near Bal. Shall I get a charm to go with the bag? Matching or contrasting? I was thinking one with the Eiffel Tower (if any). At the moment the store has purple, yellow, white, black and silver (not sure green as I didn't see it).

This year,
3 in

I am making myself feel better balancing those stats, doesn't make me feel so bad over the 3 bags in 4 months :lol:

Thank you all for kind support at this time, and also in the face of the bag's fairly negative reception in the Bal forum. I am really heartened Bal super-fan @ksuromax bought a new Le City. + We are twins (I think) on your neon lizard BV knots (and bangles?) too, but may be not the same colour.

What you all think? I have to go to a Saint Laurent event tomorrow (work) which is near Bal. Shall I get a charm to go with the bag? Matching or contrasting? I was thinking one with the Eiffel Tower (if any). At the moment the store has purple, yellow, white, black and silver (not sure green as I didn't see it).

YAY!!! :ghi5:
i added Eiffel Tower in white (on the white bag) to mine
indeed, we are lizzie twins :biggrin: a neon pink Knot and neon orange bangle

YAY!!! :ghi5:
i added Eiffel Tower in white (on the white bag) to mine
indeed, we are lizzie twins :biggrin: a neon pink Knot and neon orange bangle

We are almost double bag twins :ghi5:

Can I see your white on white?

Almost lizzie bangle twins too, mine is pink to match the bag (actually it was the other way around). I like that your bangle is the orange, that's even cooler.

Happy belated birthday @jblended !

This year,
3 in

Like @Sparkletastic, this is a season for recalibration, for adjusting your closet so that it works for you instead of supporting the person you used to be.

You might add more bags this year, but you’ll streamline and it’s supporting your goals.

Usually, collection curation and deacquisitioning is a stress relief for me - and I don’t worry about the churn unless it’s gone on too long. (Which, yes, it has for me, but that’s another issue.)

Personally, I like the Eiffel Tower better than the others, but I’m not sure how I feel about the charm on the bag. I can’t wait to see.

Happy belated birthday! I love your new pressies