2024 Resolution: Shopping my own Bag and SLG Collection

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (9 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them by color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2023) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 11: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 18: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 25: Purple & Pink

Mar. 3: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 10: Green

Mar. 17: Black

Mar. 24: Gray

Mar. 31: White & Cream

Apr. 7: Brown & Tan

Apr. 14: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 21: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 28: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation

I posted this in a Louis Vuitton thread, but thought I would share here, too. It’s the Speedy Bandouliere 20 from the Damierlicious collection. The interior back slip pocket is also made of the printed canvas, albeit a smaller version of the print. I have this bag in Damier Ebene and find it a perfect size/style for me. Might look to add another! I sold off some bags, SLGs and accessories earlier this year, so I figured one new bag wasn’t so bad… :angel: I picked up a bandeau to go with it and, while they weren’t really meant to match to bag, per se, the two Hermes Calvis I purchased during the same shopping trip match quite well!

View attachment 5986598View attachment 5986599
It all looks wonderful and perfect for spring.

I bought a new Balmain edgy evening/occasion bag, and one almost-vintage preloved BV Knot because I missed out on it 14 years ago. It got me thinking - as buying new bags always does.

Back stories:

Balmain Madame Jolie in black/black:
I got heavily sloshed at an evening Balmain event and the bag looked so cool with what I was wearing It will be forever futuristic looking which will 'harden-up' a classic LBD or make me feel like Trinity (Matrix). Interesting evening bags are either novelty or serious, this seems like a hybrid. A nice daytime restaurant bag. Plus, the price wasn't outrageous.

BV 2010 Knot:
I loved BV's Resort '10 at the time, and heavily invested in a Poupre python tote bag and my pink flouro lizard/silver bangle ran out of money. When BV brought back the (variation of) the Knot back I a) could not believe the prices almost £3K, that's British pounds. The lizard was almost $2K in 2010 but it's an exotic, I got that figure from our PurseBlog as Megs has a yellow-green version + b) Even looking through the new, they are all a bit too tameI couldn't help but think about the pink lizzie Knot, esp. since I would love to pair bangle + bag with an LBD.

I have to think extra hard since we've been on these annual threads about bag purchases, actually, I think harder and harder, and I believe we all have.

For what reasons or back stories made you buy recent new or new-to-you bags?
I love these stories about your bags and also when others share their stories. They turn comments into interesting little commentaries - almost like mini blogs. So, thank you for introducing this topic. I’m getting comfy to hear all the great tales! :popcorn:

I’ll share a couple of mine.

Chanel Medium CF
I recently bought this in my shopping spree as a potential swap out for my black jumbo CF. But, after, I kept wondering why I keep trying to make a black Chanel “work” for me.

Then I realized: my mom has always been thrifty to the point of damagingly cheap - except for with the grandkids. LOL!. My parents were business owners while also working in academia (dad as professor, mom as a counselor). So we didn’t struggle for money during my childhood but lived as we were. I guess that was their trauma response to growing up very poor. In any case, the only time I ever saw my mom want for an expensive thing was a Chanel black CF that someone in her social circle was wearing. Without getting too deep, my mom said some nasty things behind the woman’s back that were soooo obviously from jealousy. In that, I saw her deep rooted, self inflicted pain.

I’ve realized that as an adult, I’ve tried to be /give what my mother won’t allow herself to be / have - including buying her Chanel bags that she won’t accept. :doh: I think I’m trying to soothe her pain by showing her that “we” own one now. But, I, Sparkle, don’t have an affinity to the bag. :shrugs: That jarring insight has allowed me to be rid of that burden, gift the C jumbo to DD (who has no knowledge of this drama) and moooooove on.

Prada Black Double Zip Tote
On a MUCH lighter note. I own a pink mini Prada DZT and also owned a red small Prada DZT. When my DD first launched her unrepentant life of purse crime (LOL!), it was to pilfer the pink DZT on a day we were going to a festival as a family. She “styled” it with head to toe shades of pink including oversized pink sparkly hair bows that only a happy young teen can pull off. She looked like a wad of glitter filled bubble gum exploded! :giggle: It was such a happy expression of fashion that I changed my clothes into head to toe red and grabbed the red DZT. We looked like walking Valentine’s Day decorations and it was soooo much fun! I have a picture of us that I absolutely cherish being completely goofy at the festival while wearing the bags. So when I saw the black striped DZT, it reminded me of that happy moment and I had to buy it. And, if I ever see that red DZT on offer again, I’ll buy it as well. Memories matter :amuse:

Last edited:
I love these stories about your bags and also when others share their stories. They turn comments into interesting little commentaries - almost like mini blogs. So, thank you for introducing this topic. I’m getting comfy to hear all the great tales! :popcorn:

I’ll share a couple of mine.

Chanel Medium CF
I recently bought this in my shopping spree as a potential swap out for my black jumbo CF. But, after, I kept wondering why I keep trying to make a black Chanel “work” for me.

Then I realized: my mom has always been thrifty to the point of damagingly cheap - except for with the grandkids. LOL!. My parents were business owners while also working in academia (dad as professor, mom as a counselor). So we didn’t struggle for money during my childhood but lived as we were. I guess that was their trauma response to growing up very poor. In any case, the only time I ever saw my mom want for an expensive thing was a Chanel black CF that someone in her social circle was wearing. Without getting too deep, my mom said some nasty things behind the woman’s back that were soooo obviously from jealousy. In that, I saw her deep rooted, self inflicted pain.

I’ve realized that as an adult, I’ve tried to be /give what my mother won’t allow herself to be / have - including buying her Chanel bags that she won’t accept. :doh: I think I’m trying to soothe her pain by showing her that “we” own one now. But, I, Sparkle, don’t have an affinity to the bag. :shrugs: That jarring insight has allowed me to be rid of that burden, gift the C jumbo to DD (who has no knowledge of this drama) and moooooove on.

Prada Black Double Zip Tote
On a MUCH lighter note. I own a pink mini Prada DZT and also owned a red small Prada DZT. When my DD first launched her unrepentant life of purse crime (LOL!), it was to pilfer the pink DZT on a day we were going to a festival as a family. She “styled” it with head to toe shades of pink including oversized pink sparkly hair bows that only a happy young teen can pull off. She looked like a wad of glitter filled bubble gum exploded! :giggle: It was such a happy expression of fashion that I changed my clothes into head to toe red and grabbed the red DZT. We looked like walking Valentine’s Day decorations and it was soooo much fun! I have a picture of us that I absolutely cherish being completely goofy at the festival while wearing the bags. So when I saw the black striped DZT, it reminded me of that happy moment and I had to buy it. And, if I ever see that red DZT on offer again, I’ll buy it as well. Memories matter :amuse:

Wow Sparkle, your relationship with a black Chael CF ran so deep. I am glad you reflect and understand some of her past actions so thoughtfully. I am learning that many of our connections to things really do run very deep.

I think you've identified a real thing; people that don't want others to have something they can't have themselves/ or don't allow themselves to have. I am so glad that you are having fun, knowing that things are just things. That you can appreciate the beauty and craftsmanship, use them to express yourself and feel your best. You empower yourself rather than be intimidated by them.

My mother loved and hated things with passion, sometimes seemingly without reason. In the late-'90s she suddenly went off black/ gold Chanel and threatened to sell if I didn't want them. I didn't want to her to sell them, so I put them in a draw. I could appreciate the quality but they weren't very 'me'. I was into vintage and looking like a 60s movie star :biggrin: . My mother didn't really like 'stuffy', structured 'old fashioned' bags. She thought Hermes bags belonged in museums (and I don't mean that as a compliment). A vintage Kelly would have been my dream. She'd drag me into Hermes for presented for others, scarves, wallets, ties but never their bags. I think it was generational, because structured bags represented a kind of conservatism, ladies that lunch clique, and my mother was more into the arts, befriending Bohemians and exploring exotic places. I thought structured bags looked chic and cool and most of the 'Bohemian' artists she befriended turned out to be con-artists :lol: .
You Prada story is also huge, with so much joy :love:

It's not the end of the month but it's the end of the week.

OUT
As you know, at least 10 bags went last week at the archive sale I did for charity in the area of London where my mother had a lot of friends. The opening night raised just under £2K in 3 hours. The charity even invited the local press and their marketing person (girl with phone LOL)

3 more bags went to goodwill today plus lots of RTW. + A vintage snakeskin is out in no mans land (the hallway). My LV and Burberry luggage are possibly going and maybe a suede Westwood but I'd rather sell or give away to people I know.

None of it is leaving a hole, TBH, you can still hardly tell. I just found two vintage Loewe bags I forgot about.

In

BV Knot

plus

I'm looking at this as a birthday present to myself https://www.balenciaga.com/en-gb/le-city-small-bag-metallized-silver-7977892AA9R8122.html

It's sold out online but I've asked for one to be put away for next week. I never expected to find myself liking a Bal bag so much (I only have one more) but something is calling me - I think it's the silver - blame metallic week :biggrin:.

What do others think? If not a bag, I'll be buying jewellery (for the third year in a row).

I posted this in a Louis Vuitton thread, but thought I would share here, too. It’s the Speedy Bandouliere 20 from the Damierlicious collection. The interior back slip pocket is also made of the printed canvas, albeit a smaller version of the print. I have this bag in Damier Ebene and find it a perfect size/style for me. Might look to add another! I sold off some bags, SLGs and accessories earlier this year, so I figured one new bag wasn’t so bad… :angel: I picked up a bandeau to go with it and, while they weren’t really meant to match to bag, per se, the two Hermes Calvis I purchased during the same shopping trip match quite well!

View attachment 5986598View attachment 5986599
Very cute!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: jblended and DME
For what reasons or back stories made you buy recent new or new-to-you bags?
Love this question! Aside from what I wrote in my post about the Speedy 20 being a perfect size for me, a couple of other factors were in play. First, we were visiting colleges with DD. I wasn’t planning a shopping trip, but the weather was terrible and we had free time, so a visit to the mall it was. I quickly thought about what I might like to peruse and a second Speedy 20 came to mind. A little bit of research in the car on the way and trying on several options later, and this is what I decided on. I can’t say it was forefront in my mind, but I loved it when I tried it - and DH agreed. (DD was partial to an all leather version!) The new pink is calling my name…

I didn't even know this bag existed, this one is such a fun, Summer take on the classic Azur. I love the art deco period so the Damier print has always impressed me even though I don't have one.

Since I've bought 2 bags this year already :doh: A new and a pre-loved.. I don't think it's bad at all to buy one that's 1 so pretty 2 updates your entire wardrobe and bag collection. My problem is that it gets me into the 'habit' at looking at bags again.
It honestly wasn’t even a thought until about an hour before purchase. And my regular SA had reached out to me the day before about it, too! But she’s on the other side of the country from me and I prefer to view in person before I purchase, so I punted. Hope she doesn’t figure that out…

It honestly wasn’t even a thought until about an hour before purchase. And my regular SA had reached out to me the day before about it, too! But she’s on the other side of the country from me and I prefer to view in person before I purchase, so I punted. Hope she doesn’t figure that out…
\It was obviously love, congratulations again :heart:

• Thanks
Reactions: jblended and DME
It's not the end of the month but it's the end of the week.

OUT
As you know, at least 10 bags went last week at the archive sale I did for charity in the area of London where my mother had a lot of friends. The opening night raised just under £2K in 3 hours. The charity even invited the local press and their marketing person (girl with phone LOL)

3 more bags went to goodwill today plus lots of RTW. + A vintage snakeskin is out in no mans land (the hallway). My LV and Burberry luggage are possibly going and maybe a suede Westwood but I'd rather sell or give away to people I know.

None of it is leaving a hole, TBH, you can still hardly tell. I just found two vintage Loewe bags I forgot about.

In

BV Knot

plus

I'm looking at this as a birthday present to myself https://www.balenciaga.com/en-gb/le-city-small-bag-metallized-silver-7977892AA9R8122.html

It's sold out online but I've asked for one to be put away for next week. I never expected to find myself liking a Bal bag so much (I only have one more) but something is calling me - I think it's the silver - blame metallic week :biggrin:.

What do others think? If not a bag, I'll be buying jewellery (for the third year in a row).
Yes, a silver bag is very you!

I cannot imagine how much “stuff” you must have if “at least” 10 bags, plus another 3, and lots of ready to wear isn’t leaving a hole.

I would Love to come and play “dress up” in your closet!A very long time ago my best friend was Personnel Manager for Chanel U.K. -she had trillions of clothes, another friend was an Austrian Countess, ditto.

Both were larger than me, but we had such fun, we would stay up all night trying everything on!

I don’t think your DH would be very amused if I stayed up all night playing dress up in your closet!❤️

Reactions: baghabitz34
The opening night raised just under £2K in 3 hours.
That's BRILLIANT! :clap:

Wow, this is an incredible insight. Well done you for identifying the root cause and shedding the burden.
PT said it beautifully:
You empower yourself rather than be intimidated by them.
___

Your stories have me reflecting on my relationship with things and my own mum's approach to possessions. My dad died when I was very young, so mum was raising 3 kids on her own. She earned enough but not what you'd expect for her profession, and very often her medical missions were entirely unpaid. It was her life's purpose so she happily opted for this and never once complained. As a result, money was always very tight and yet we never wanted for anything. I think partly because we were surrounded by poverty in the places we lived, so we didn't get exposed to glamourous material things or learn to yearn for them young.
In spite of our nomadic existence and often humble surroundings, we always had nice things (not flashy or branded, just good quality) She always said "cheap is expensive"- so quality, more expensive clothing doesn't wear out as quickly, saving you money in the long run, for example. Above all, mum made sure we used our stuff and nothing was there to just be looked at.
She also made sure we gifted our possessions to those in need regularly and often. I only recently realized that she's reacting to the way her mother raised her.

My grandmother (who passed before I was born) apparently didn't let mum have anything she wanted. She had very fine tastes (for herself) but didn't trust her children to look after nice things. She also was controlling with food and didn't allow mum to eat the things she enjoyed best. (I would call it abusive but, my mum genuinely doesn't see it that way and thinks it was a generational thing.)
Anyway, mum's rebellion came because, as an adult, she never deprived herself (or her kids) of anything she wanted. She bought beautiful things, wore quality clothes and ate what she liked, but amazingly, always did so in moderation. She savours things, food, experiences, and always has enough but not too much, without actually intending to regulate herself. She is easily satisfied and always content.
She also never saved anything "for best". She eats on her fine china, drinks out of her crystal, wears her jewellery and puts on her favourite perfume at home, just for herself.
And the thing that always humbles me is that she'll happily give all of it away to someone who cannot afford it for themselves. I've watched her remove her favourite necklace (that she saved up for a year to buy) and place it around a patient's neck, without a moment's hesitation. Unlike her own mother, she wants everyone to have the pleasure of beautiful things.
So, I grew up never yearning for anything or feeling like I'm missing out. There was stuff I couldn't have and I heard "sorry, we can't afford that right now" regularly, but, more often than not, mum found a way to give us most things we asked for (comics and toys, or these days, bags lol).
I also grew up able to detach from my things and let them go easily. Her ritual of donating most of our things every time we moved really drilled home for me that my stuff is more valuable to me if I can use it to uplift others who otherwise may not have access to those things. As much as I love my stuff, I love the feeling of someone else enjoying it much more.
Life was different back then, too. This is all pre-internet, so the impact of having the villagers choose for themselves what they wanted from our possessions hits differently. You'd discover that someone had been admiring your shoes the whole time you were there and now they'd get to wear them for a couple of years themselves. Nowadays, I think even the tiniest village in the middle of nowhere has been exposed to Love bracelets and Chanel, lol. I don't think they'd be as impressed with my stuff anymore, lol. :lol:

To think, the ripple effect of my grandmother's control has been so far reaching...it's amazing. I'm not sure what she'd make of my mum's ways. She'd probably find it careless and wasteful!
Now I have to wonder why I've had periods as an adult when I've been consumed by fomo and become overly attached to the idea of owning something. It tends to happen when I'm severely anxious but, it is so different from the values I was raised with. It'll be good to reflect and unpack that mess.

The profundity that has arisen from your simple question, @papertiger !

Wow Sparkle, your relationship with a black Chael CF ran so deep. I am glad you reflect and understand some of her past actions so thoughtfully. I am learning that many of our connections to things really do run very deep.

I think you've identified a real thing; people that don't want others to have something they can't have themselves/ or don't allow themselves to have. I am so glad that you are having fun, knowing that things are just things. That you can appreciate the beauty and craftsmanship, use them to express yourself and feel your best. You empower yourself rather than be intimidated by them.

My mother loved and hated things with passion, sometimes seemingly without reason. In the late-'90s she suddenly went off black/ gold Chanel and threatened to sell if I didn't want them. I didn't want to her to sell them, so I put them in a draw. I could appreciate the quality but they weren't very 'me'. I was into vintage and looking like a 60s movie star :biggrin: . My mother didn't really like 'stuffy', structured 'old fashioned' bags. She thought Hermes bags belonged in museums (and I don't mean that as a compliment). A vintage Kelly would have been my dream. She'd drag me into Hermes for presented for others, scarves, wallets, ties but never their bags. I think it was generational, because structured bags represented a kind of conservatism, ladies that lunch clique, and my mother was more into the arts, befriending Bohemians and exploring exotic places. I thought structured bags looked chic and cool and most of the 'Bohemian' artists she befriended turned out to be con-artists :lol: .
You Prada story is also huge, with so much joy :love:
I’m struck from our stories how much fashion is not just an expression of personality but also upbringing, relationships and culture. Whether we know it or not, we’re probably telling complex stories in what we choose to buy and wear.
OUT

In

BV Knot

plus

Congrats on your mini purge and the charity results!

Regarding the Bal - this is hard for me to weigh in on. While this gorgeous bag certainly seems to be “you” and I’m always partial to metallics, my preference over bags will always be jewelry.

Maybe two questions for you to consider? First, would the bag or the jewelry do a better job of continuing the evolution of your wardrobe? Second, how much do you want to spend? Jewelry is always a more expensive outlay than bags. So, is there something else you prefer to fund like a home renovation, etc that would make the smaller gift of the bag a better choice? Is this a milestone bday so it would be fun to mark it with gorgeous jewelry pieces? Or…?

Food for thought. :smile:
That's BRILLIANT! :clap:

Wow, this is an incredible insight. Well done you for identifying the root cause and shedding the burden.
PT said it beautifully:

___

Your stories have me reflecting on my relationship with things and my own mum's approach to possessions. My dad died when I was very young, so mum was raising 3 kids on her own. She earned enough but not what you'd expect for her profession, and very often her medical missions were entirely unpaid. It was her life's purpose so she happily opted for this and never once complained. As a result, money was always very tight and yet we never wanted for anything. I think partly because we were surrounded by poverty in the places we lived, so we didn't get exposed to glamourous material things or learn to yearn for them young.
In spite of our nomadic existence and often humble surroundings, we always had nice things (not flashy or branded, just good quality) She always said "cheap is expensive"- so quality, more expensive clothing doesn't wear out as quickly, saving you money in the long run, for example. Above all, mum made sure we used our stuff and nothing was there to just be looked at.
She also made sure we gifted our possessions to those in need regularly and often. I only recently realized that she's reacting to the way her mother raised her.

My grandmother (who passed before I was born) apparently didn't let mum have anything she wanted. She had very fine tastes (for herself) but didn't trust her children to look after nice things. She also was controlling with food and didn't allow mum to eat the things she enjoyed best. (I would call it abusive but, my mum genuinely doesn't see it that way and thinks it was a generational thing.)
Anyway, mum's rebellion came because, as an adult, she never deprived herself (or her kids) of anything she wanted. She bought beautiful things, wore quality clothes and ate what she liked, but amazingly, always did so in moderation. She savours things, food, experiences, and always has enough but not too much, without actually intending to regulate herself. She is easily satisfied and always content.
She also never saved anything "for best". She eats on her fine china, drinks out of her crystal, wears her jewellery and puts on her favourite perfume at home, just for herself.
And the thing that always humbles me is that she'll happily give all of it away to someone who cannot afford it for themselves. I've watched her remove her favourite necklace (that she saved up for a year to buy) and place it around a patient's neck, without a moment's hesitation. Unlike her own mother, she wants everyone to have the pleasure of beautiful things.
So, I grew up never yearning for anything or feeling like I'm missing out. There was stuff I couldn't have and I heard "sorry, we can't afford that right now" regularly, but, more often than not, mum found a way to give us most things we asked for (comics and toys, or these days, bags lol).
I also grew up able to detach from my things and let them go easily. Her ritual of donating most of our things every time we moved really drilled home for me that my stuff is more valuable to me if I can use it to uplift others who otherwise may not have access to those things. As much as I love my stuff, I love the feeling of someone else enjoying it much more.
Life was different back then, too. This is all pre-internet, so the impact of having the villagers choose for themselves what they wanted from our possessions hits differently. You'd discover that someone had been admiring your shoes the whole time you were there and now they'd get to wear them for a couple of years themselves. Nowadays, I think even the tiniest village in the middle of nowhere has been exposed to Love bracelets and Chanel, lol. I don't think they'd be as impressed with my stuff anymore, lol. :lol:

To think, the ripple effect of my grandmother's control has been so far reaching...it's amazing. I'm not sure what she'd make of my mum's ways. She'd probably find it careless and wasteful!
Now I have to wonder why I've had periods as an adult when I've been consumed by fomo and become overly attached to the idea of owning something. It tends to happen when I'm severely anxious but, it is so different from the values I was raised with. It'll be good to reflect and unpack that mess.

The profundity that has arisen from your simple question, @papertiger !
Yes, I saw my mother struggle with “things” and enforce unnecessary rules to keep herself from owning what she really wanted while she hoarded junk and trinkets that had little value and never held her interest for long. I’m more like your mom - get quality items and then USE them.

I love how your mom has always had such a giving spirit! I can see her kindness and empathy coming through in you as well. Don’t beat yourself up over FOMO - we all have at one time or another. Also, it’s good to cherish and keep items just as it is good to give things to others. Giving to yourself is a worthy way to honor self.

—////—////

On a wildly different note, has anyone gotten cute summer sandals? I would like to get some but haven’t seen anything I like. Many of what I’ve seen have HUGE logos which really don’t appeal to me. So, I’d love to see any new suggestions!

Yes, a silver bag is very you!

I cannot imagine how much “stuff” you must have if “at least” 10 bags, plus another 3, and lots of ready to wear isn’t leaving a hole.

I would Love to come and play “dress up” in your closet!A very long time ago my best friend was Personnel Manager for Chanel U.K. -she had trillions of clothes, another friend was an Austrian Countess, ditto.

Both were larger than me, but we had such fun, we would stay up all night trying everything on!

I don’t think your DH would be very amused if I stayed up all night playing dress up in your closet!❤️

Come over! :biggrin:

I’m struck from our stories how much fashion is not just an expression of personality but also upbringing, relationships and culture. Whether we know it or not, we’re probably telling complex stories in what we choose to buy and wear.

Congrats on your mini purge and the charity results!

Regarding the Bal - this us hard for me to weigh in on. While bag certainly seems to be “you” and I’m always partial to metallics, my preference over bags will always be jewelry. Maybe two questions for you? First, which is more of a need to keep evolving your wardrobe as will please you? Second, how much do you want to spend? Jewelry is always a more expensive outlay than bags. So, is there something else you prefer to fund like a home renovation, etc that would make the smaller gift of the bag a better choice? Is this a milestone bday so it would be fun to mark it with gorgeous jewelry pieces?

Thank you! I hope the money goes to the people that it professes to help, and not into just advertising and promotion.

Not a milestone. I'd prob get a not too expensive Cartier Trinity necklace or an Asprey sunflowers bracelet Price-wise that's relatively speaking as I'd still have to dip into savings. Another thing is, even though I have given away lots of bags recently, this would be my third bag of the year, I'd have to really love it. I certainly have nothing like it because my only other Bal bag is very atypical. Moto but fairly structured. My litmus test would be if I can see myself wearing