2024 Resolution: Shopping my own Bag and SLG Collection

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (9 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them by color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2023) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 11: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 18: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 25: Purple & Pink

Mar. 3: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 10: Green

Mar. 17: Black

Mar. 24: Gray

Mar. 31: White & Cream

Apr. 7: Brown & Tan

Apr. 14: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 21: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 28: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation

Wow wow wow!!!! Wear it in good health!:love:

To clarify, this was a consignment store. I can't afford Givenchy straight from the actual store. :P
They lock up the more expensive bags in cases and will take it out for you if you request to see it. I think she assumed I'm not a serious buyer. She was wrong. I've wanted a mini panda for years and years, and I'm searching for a yellow bag that isn't a flap or tote. This would have been perfect for me and I would likely have bought it on layaway.
At any rate, I was seriously wondering how on earth I could get it authenticated since there's no TPF thread for this and no authentication service for Givenchy around me. I know this is a bag that is heavily faked, so I guess the store owner did me a favour by taking it off the table.
Still was a lousy move, though.

Thank you. I still count my lucky stars every day that she's home. Best birthday present I could have had was being able to hug her again.:love:

Thank you soooo much, dear 880.:love:

Thank you, Jen! :love:
I can't wait to share a pic. It's a grey camera bag from Paul Smith. I still can't upload pics here :annoyed: and I can't find it online to share a stock photo either (it must be quite old).
My collection has changed a fair bit in a short time so I'll post an updated picture at some point and mark out all the new oddballs I've got now. :smile:

I can't wait to see your new grey bag!

Apologies, for not registering that it was at a consignment store, but that is still the strangest method of salesmanship I have ever heard anywhere. If it's a heavily faked model, I wouldn't take a chance for paying up front on one you can't seen unless there was a written commitment that you will receive a guarantee if it's found to be a fake. TPF authenticate threads are only the first step, to get legal weight behind a judgement, I think the challenge is going to be a paid for authenticator, so many only deal with classic Hermes and Chanel models Ask for bonafide contacts in the Givenchy forum. Maybe it was a clue she didn't want you to see the bag before buying, I'd take it as a red sign. I found my particular colour, flouro Knot, there is no doubt, you will find your Panda.

Always thinking about your mom and you :hugs:

I cross the finish line exhausted but with a huge WIN! Thanks for coming along with me on this wild journey!

Bag #12 of the Shopping Spree 10 (whoopsie!) 12.

Just as my new red velvet Jimmy Choo makes me excited for the upcoming wintry, holiday season, this last bag throws a sangria in my hand and screams let’s go have summer fun!!!

Loewe small Gate Dual shoulder bag in tan calfskin and raffia w/ghw.

By the gods above & below, I LOVE this bag!:panic: I’ve wanted a perfect summer handbag for years but couldn’t settle on one. This is 100% it! I can wear this with casual or mid dressy sundresses. And if she wasn’t so pretty, I’d even take her to sit by the pool.

I’m impressed by the construction and by both the stylistic and practical detailing. For example, having a stealth back pocket is perfect to keep my phone easily accessible but secure and out of the way. And the side-latched metal pin which gives the bag its name is super adorable. No question, I will be adding another of these Gate bags to my collection. :biggrin:View attachment 5986390View attachment 5986391View attachment 5986392View attachment 5986393
So, the final tally of the SS12 was 6 keepers and 6 returns. While I expected a higher percentage of winners, I can say I’m over the moon happy with what I’ve acquired. I’m also happy I didn’t let the fever convince me to keep good bags that aren’t good for me.

Along the way I’ve also been aggressively evaluating my existing collection. I’ve identified six bags that are perfect candidates for repair or upgrades which will transform them once again into beloved favorites. More on those changes as I complete them over time. :nuts:

Perfect Summer bag!

I have about 10 pages to catch up on in here! It's great to see everyone posting regularly again. :smile:

I'm in a weird spot with regards to my bag closet. I think I may have actually achieved purse peace! :amazed: :faint:

Here's what is happening:
1- I wanted to add a grey bag this year. My siblings just gifted me the most perfect (preloved, but excellent condition) grey camera bag for my 41st birthday (today). Goal achieved!

2- I wanted another little Flash Kelsey (MbMJ) and found one for next to nothing in great condition. After thinking about it for ages, I realized I don't want to repurchase it. I had it, loved it and let it go. If I'm going to add anything, it'll be something different and it should be an upgrade.

3- Found an affordable preloved Mini Pandora (Givenchy) in yellow. The style and colour would tick 2 things off my wish list, but the store owner wasn't there the first time I wanted to look at it, and then wouldn't let me handle it the second time I went in. Decided I'm not bothered enough to try again. I'm certainly not purchasing it without holding it first and checking its condition. I'm also unable to authenticate it so that puts me on edge.

4- In searching for a yellow bag, I noticed the Hammitt Evan in yellow. Buuuuut, I own 4 Hammitts already, and I haven't seen it irl. If I grabbed it, I'd wait for their sale when it's 40% off. I'm not very moved by it even though it's the right shade of yellow for me, likely because I have the others and there's only so much of that hardware one can take. :P

5- Found one of my very, very special HG bags. An old Paco Rabanne that I almost bought on sale years ago, but missed out on it because I wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much at the time. I'm not a fan of the newer stuff they put out and this bag was the only one that I loved from the brand. It's in good condition and the price is fair, yet I'm not interested in buying it. I feel like I'm insane. I've wanted it for years and now that I can finally own it, I'm kind of okay with just admiring it from afar. What is wrong with me? :hrmm:

6- Found 2 Henri Bendel No. 7 camera bags at the local consignment shop, selling for a song. I could even trade one of my bags for them, so it costs me nothing. They both need a tiny bit of rehab that I can easily manage. One's GHW, while the other's SHW so, I have my pick. I have loved this bag for ages and yet again, I'm not pouncing. I don't need another camera bag, do I? :hrmm:
@whateve You have this bag, don't you? Do you find the chain strap is heavy or noisy? I think that's why I'm hesitating.

So, my collection sits at the same number (I gifted a bag and received one), and I think I'm content. I am still contemplating the Rabanne and the Bendel, because both are rare to find in this condition and price, but I feel like I'd be fine if I missed out on both. :shrugs:

Edit: Not sure if this is some form of depression/apathy given how stressed I've been with my mum's health, or if I'm really just content and satisfied with my collection at this point. I never thought I'd pass up the Rabanne if I ever found it in good condition. Will I regret letting these great finds pass me by? I honestly can't say.
I haven't been following this thread, I hope your mom gets better soon @jblended.
Feliz Cumple Happy Birthday GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

@jblended, Happy Birthday! So glad you and your mom are both doing well. And I would say that nasty consignment store owner likely saved you from a potential fake. There’s a reason she didn’t want to let you see the bag up close. Not worth the risk. I agree with @papertiger that your bag will come.

@Sparkletastic, what an amazing parade of bags! I love hearing how you go about your decisions; it’s always fascinating to me what others find important/useful in a bag. Enjoy those you decided to keep!

I posted this in a Louis Vuitton thread, but thought I would share here, too. It’s the Speedy Bandouliere 20 from the Damierlicious collection. The interior back slip pocket is also made of the printed canvas, albeit a smaller version of the print. I have this bag in Damier Ebene and find it a perfect size/style for me. Might look to add another! I sold off some bags, SLGs and accessories earlier this year, so I figured one new bag wasn’t so bad… :angel: I picked up a bandeau to go with it and, while they weren’t really meant to match to bag, per se, the two Hermes Calvis I purchased during the same shopping trip match quite well!

IMG_2861.jpegIMG_2862.jpeg

I posted this in a Louis Vuitton thread, but thought I would share here, too. It’s the Speedy Bandouliere 20 from the Damierlicious collection. The interior back slip pocket is also made of the printed canvas, albeit a smaller version of the print. I have this bag in Damier Ebene and find it a perfect size/style for me. Might look to add another! I sold off some bags, SLGs and accessories earlier this year, so I figured one new bag wasn’t so bad… :angel: I picked up a bandeau to go with it and, while they weren’t really meant to match to bag, per se, the two Hermes Calvis I purchased during the same shopping trip match quite well!

View attachment 5986598View attachment 5986599
Lovely! And adore your nail color which matches or coordinates as well :biggrin:

TPF authenticate threads are only the first step, to get legal weight behind a judgement, I think the challenge is going to be a paid for authenticator, so many only deal with classic Hermes and Chanel models Ask for bonafide contacts in the Givenchy forum. Maybe it was a clue she didn't want you to see the bag before buying, I'd take it as a red sign. I found my particular colour, flouro Knot, there is no doubt, you will find your Panda.

Always thinking about your mom and you :hugs:
Brilliant advice! Thanks ever so much!
And, your DH is in my thoughts, too. Trying not to ask too often not to annoy you, but sending positive vibes your way and hoping all goes well. :hugs:

Jblended happy belated Birthday!🎂
Thank you, dear pocket friend! :hugs:

I haven't been following this thread, I hope your mom gets better soon @jblended.
Feliz Cumple Happy Birthday GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios
What a nice surprise! Thank you very much! :hugs:

@jblended, Happy Birthday! So glad you and your mom are both doing well. And I would say that nasty consignment store owner likely saved you from a potential fake. There’s a reason she didn’t want to let you see the bag up close. Not worth the risk. I agree with @papertiger that your bag will come.
Thank you very much! :hugs:
Yes, there's something dodgy about the whole interaction. Seems I dodged a bullet. :tup:

I posted this in a Louis Vuitton thread, but thought I would share here, too.
Thanks for sharing. They match so well and I love the sunny SLGs, too.

Ah, I do this all the time and I'm trying to stop because it must grate on you, but I must thank all of you again for being such a wonderful virtual family to me.

Many of you know I wasn't even supposed to be alive today and I struggle with tremendous survivor's guilt. There are many days (including my birthday yesterday) when I become overwhelmed with all that has happened to me in the past few years. My mind gets flooded with memories of the abusive ex, the car accident and resulting disfigurement, my rapidly deteriorating health and, as icing on the cake, I now keep getting proper flashbacks of the things I witnessed my mum go through the last couple of months. It's a bit of a horror movie that I can't switch off in my head and it leaves me depleted.

Coming here and talking about bags is a lovely distraction but, well beyond that, when I come here, I feel safe. Time and again, you lot have made me feel human, in spite of all my failings, and have made me feel worthy. Your kindness, patience, advice and humour are all qualities I feel very humbled to be the recipient of.

This is a very special club and I count myself lucky to be allowed in. Thank you all for being the most beautiful people. :flowers::heart:

Last edited:
Ah, I do this all the time and I'm trying to stop because it must grate on you, but I must thank all of you again for being such a wonderful virtual family to me.

Many of you know I wasn't even supposed to be alive today and I struggle with tremendous survivor's guilt. There are many days (including my birthday yesterday) when I become overwhelmed with all that has happened to me in the past few years. My mind gets flooded with memories of the abusive ex, the car accident and resulting disfigurement, my rapidly deteriorating health and, as icing on the cake, I now keep getting proper flashbacks of the things I witnessed my mum go through the last couple of months. It's a bit of a horror movie that I can't switch off in my head and it leaves me depleted.

Coming here and talking about bags is a lovely distraction but, well beyond that, when I come here, I feel safe. Time and again, you lot have made me feel human, in spite of all my failings, and have made me feel worthy. Your kindness, patience, advice and humour are all qualities I feel very humbled to be the recipient of.

This is a very special club and I count myself lucky to be allowed in. Thank you all for being the most beautiful people. :flowers::heart:

:hugs:

View attachment 5986598View attachment 5986599

I didn't even know this bag existed, this one is such a fun, Summer take on the classic Azur. I love the art deco period so the Damier print has always impressed me even though I don't have one.

Since I've bought 2 bags this year already :doh: A new and a pre-loved.. I don't think it's bad at all to buy one that's 1 so pretty 2 updates your entire wardrobe and bag collection. My problem is that it gets me into the 'habit' at looking at bags again.

You’ve been through a lot of trauma and your reactions are completely normal - even if at times uncomfortable for you. :flowers: But that’s because mental healing isn’t straight line. It’s full of brilliant insights, puzzling setbacks and periods of seeming stasis where you’re still processing and healing deep inside.

Just remain rooted in the fact that you are loved - here and in the “real” world. Never consider your presence or communications to be too much. Quite the opposite - we miss you when you’re not around. :hugs:

I bought a new Balmain edgy evening/occasion bag, and one almost-vintage preloved BV Knot because I missed out on it 14 years ago. It got me thinking - as buying new bags always does.

Back stories:

Balmain Madame Jolie in black/black:
I got heavily sloshed at an evening Balmain event and the bag looked so cool with what I was wearing It will be forever futuristic looking which will 'harden-up' a classic LBD or make me feel like Trinity (Matrix). Interesting evening bags are either novelty or serious, this seems like a hybrid. A nice daytime restaurant bag. Plus, the price wasn't outrageous.

BV 2010 Knot:
I loved BV's Resort '10 at the time, and heavily invested in a Poupre python tote bag and my pink flouro lizard/silver bangle ran out of money. When BV brought back the (variation of) the Knot back I a) could not believe the prices almost £3K, that's British pounds. The lizard was almost $2K in 2010 but it's an exotic, I got that figure from our PurseBlog as Megs has a yellow-green version + b) Even looking through the new, they are all a bit too tameI couldn't help but think about the pink lizzie Knot, esp. since I would love to pair bangle + bag with an LBD.

I have to think extra hard since we've been on these annual threads about bag purchases, actually, I think harder and harder, and I believe we all have.

For what reasons or back stories made you buy recent new or new-to-you bags?

You’ve been through a lot of trauma and your reactions are completely normal - even if at times uncomfortable for you. :flowers: But that’s because mental healing isn’t straight line. It’s full of brilliant insights, puzzling setbacks and periods of seeming stasis where you’re still processing and healing deep inside.

Just remain rooted in the fact that you are loved - here and in the “real” world. Never consider your presence or communications to be too much. Quite the opposite - we miss you when you’re not around. :hugs:
Thank you! I'm deeply touched. :hugs:
I know that my experience isn't unique. We all have that phase in life where it's just one catastrophe after another. It's just that I lack the resilience to cope as gracefully as others. I get very touched that my friends here don't judge me for that weakness in my character, especially since people irl do.
The reminder that healing isn't linear was much needed! Thanks, Sparks :flowers: