10 Days in Europe...What H Stores Would You Hit/Miss?????

Hehehe...

4 nights in Brussels for conference
2 nights in Luxembourg (one full day)
4 nights in Paris (three full days)
3 nights in Amsterdam (two full days)

Does that sound "right"??? LOL...Hermes in four countries...plus sites...

I think 2 nights in Luxembourg is too much, you might get bored. I would arrive there early evening and have dinner. Spend the night. The next day, visit all the sights and head off in the early evening to Paris.

Or you can skip Luxembourg and also go to Cologne!

I highly recommend Amsterdam, was just there in Sept. The canals are beautiful, especially at night. I love how dutch prefer bikes over cars for transportation, it's wonderful. If you like to see windmills, I suggest the town Zaanse Schans or if you like to see cute pretty houses I recommend the town Volendam. Neither town is too far from Amsterdam. Oh, don't forget to try some Gouda and Dutch fries in cone if you decide to go.

Amsterdam is really beautiful!!! There are also so many sights to see near the city. Every Friday (I think), there's this huge cheese auction/market in Alkmaar. You can also visit Delft which is historically renowned for its porcelain.

Here's the cheese market in Alkmaar:

Attachments

• alkmaar_cheese_auction_corel.jpg
    alkmaar_cheese_auction_corel.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 37
LaVan, You have the most gorgeous pics!

So, I continue to debate...Brussels is a must...work, you know... LaVan, I must relocate your Brussels pics...I seem to recall a waffle and H bag enjoying themselves...and I have heard quite a bit about the beer...oh right...Brussels is for work...

Allaboutnice...My thoughts run similar to a comment you make...travel around a bit more or spend more time in Paris... Spend a bit more $$$ in Paris or travel around a bit more...

Need to talk to my travel partner...Brussels and Paris definitely...Amsterdam if we do not overspend in Paris (omit if we choose to devote $$$ to Paris...do Amsterdam later with DH in that case)...Luxembourg or Germany if time and $$$ permit...

^^ I got the Alkmaar pic somewhere on the Internet, it's not mine. I've been there ages ago and my pics are at my parents' home.

Here's Brussels again with my Birkin:

Attachments

• brussels_mannequin_pis.jpg
    brussels_mannequin_pis.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 47
  • brussels_waffles_beer.jpg
    brussels_waffles_beer.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 45
  • brussels_marktplatz.jpg
    brussels_marktplatz.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 45
SoCal, yes you should definitely go to Paris as part of the trip, you can’t possibly not go to Mothership, right? If you have extra time, etc., then Amsterdam is a great alternative. It’s very interesting reading this thread about all the places you and others mention here since these are the exact places I went last year. Provence, Riviera, Rome, Barcelona, Amsterdam and Paris. Very weird, I miss these places so much already!!! :girlsigh:

HH, the weather should be just fine in Aug. When I was there, it didn’t rain or anything, just a bit cloudy. It’s also good to go there in Spring to see the tulips. I agree with LaVan about going to Delft if you like porcelain, I didn’t get a chance to go there so just bought some in Amsterdam rather, probably for a markup!!:rolleyes:

I hope you ladies have a safe and wonderful trip this year!!! :yes:

GF, Thank you! It is nice to what what to "miss" at well at what should not be missed...

HP, LOL...Yes, now it is a matter of how we choose to balance our time and $$$... Hehe...just put in a call to one of my SAs...bad, bad, bad...

Well, all I can say is, don't bother with Hermes in Nice.....they have been HORRID everytime I have visited!!!!!!

Grand Fonds I am so sorry, that is terrible. I have had nothing but great service in there. Two weeks ago, I was in there for over an hour while one of the SAs gave me a guide through some of the agendas, wallets, leather and colours and she let me pet a Picotin, I didn't buy a thing; I was hanging on for the Paris sale... yet they have always been charming whether I buy or not, I am so sorry you had poor service, I would never have suggested it if I thought they would be horrid.

My un-asked-for 2 cents:
1. Paris; must visit the mothership
2. Paris; must visit the mothership
3. Paris; must visit the mothership
4. OK, 2 days in Rome too would be fine...

Thanks, Pepper! I will take your perspective under consideration... Oh, okay...will do 1, 2, and 3 for sure!!! Was in Rome a couple of years ago...one of my favorite trips!