1 carat Heart Shape diamond - Good buy or Good bye?

I have the heart shaped diamond, and its gorgeous. I definately wont tire of it, as I spent a long time finding a good one. I also have the cartier love bracelet with diamonds, and I love that too, so not much help from me lol!!

Thanks for the replies!! It seems like the diamond is not a popular choice.
Actually I thought it is a good deal. And it seems like such a precious thing. My DH thinks the Rolex is the best choice.
BTW he's paying half only.
But from afar, its looks like a triangle, the notch is not that prominent
It doesnt sparkle as much as those "ideal cuts" like Hearts on fire
But there is some unknown pull towards the diamond, and a "known" pull(the SA keeps calling, more of a push actually).
I need to think rationally!

You said the diamond doesn't have scintillation. Scintillation means sparkle and that's what we do want to see in a diamond. Be sure and check that the diamond has lots of brilliance, fire and scintillation--or I don't think you will be very happy with your stone.

sounds like maybe you are getting a hard sell from the jeweler, i don't imagine they have many people coming in to look at heart shaped diamonds (i could be wrong)

i'd definitely sit on the decision...don't feel the pressure, go with your heart (no pun intended)

But from afar, its looks like a triangle, the notch is not that prominent
It doesnt sparkle as much as those "ideal cuts" like Hearts on fire
But there is some unknown pull towards the diamond, and a "known" pull(the SA keeps calling, more of a push actually).
I need to think rationally!

A diamond is a great choice along with the Rolex and Love bracelet as long as you get a good quality diamond... If you do decide on the diamond I would personally lean torwards a diamond with great sparkle that you will be happy with its quaility and brillance in the long run. Definitly don't let a pushy SA sway your desision... I have another option, have you considered a Rolex with diamond dial?? Rolex only uses the highest quality diamonds in their dials and they sparkle like crazy! I just got a Rolex with diamond dial and LOVE the diamonds!!

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies! I have decided not to get it, much to the chagrin of a SA lol. She was too desperate, so it made me suspicious. I think i will stick to the Rolex or the rose gold Love Bracelet.

I vote for the Rolex because I'm not a fan of hear shaped diamonds (especially diamonds that are lower than F in color). I like the design of the Cartier Love bracelet but 1. I think it's way overpriced 2. Cartier has much nicer jewelry than the love bracelet.

Maguses- I have the love braclet in Rose gold and I have to say it was a great choice. I also have a two tone datejust rolex. I do not know if I could choose between the two!!!! Don't fret, they are both great and you will love both

Hi i have had the cartier love bracelet for 10 years on my wrist and I STILL LOVE IT... it is a timeless piece, as for the diamond, was it sealed ? did it have a certificate with it ? If the stone is sealed and has a certificate from Belgium, it would give it more value