Marilyn Monroe and Louis Vuitton....

NVMyLV

The Undertaker
O.G.
Sep 11, 2006
This is some of the final selling prices of Marilyn Monroe’s estate from Julien’s Auctions, June 4, 2005

http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/Marilyn-Monroe/results.html

MARILYN MONROE LOUIS VUITTON TRUNK

A large Louis Vuitton traveling trunk, having the initials "E.P.M." found in the possessions of MM after her death though its origin is unknown. Approximately 45 inches length

Final Bid: $3,600.00

MARILYN MONROE LOUIS VUITTON TRUNK

A large Louis Vuitton traveling trunk, having inner drawers and garment hanging and a sticker reading "Owner's Name: G. Cehiclwick/Sailing 24/11/28"; found in the possessions of MM after her death though its origin is unknown. Approximately 45 inches length

Final Bid $ 5,100.00

I thought that this was interesting. Honestly though, I would have thought that the trunks would have sold for much higher considering they were vintage Louis Vuitton and seemingly belonged to Marilyn. Maybe they were in poor shape.

WOW! :wtf: I can't beleive the prices were so low. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. I :love: :love: :love: LV trunks with a passion and the fact that they were MM's doesn't hurt. Are there any pics of the trucks at auction?

WOW! :wtf: I can't beleive the prices were so low. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. I :love: :love: :love: LV trunks with a passion and the fact that they were MM's doesn't hurt. Are there any pics of the trucks at auction?

I didn't see any photos. Hopefully, they were in bad shape though...since the price was ridiculously low. I mean considering her undies went for over a thousand a piece too!!

0272_2_lg.jpg

0273_1_lg.jpg

I wonder how much to fix these two..