Marilyn Monroe and Louis Vuitton....

1. This is some of the final selling prices of Marilyn Monroe’s estate from Julien’s Auctions, June 4, 2005

http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/Marilyn-Monroe/results.html

MARILYN MONROE LOUIS VUITTON TRUNK

A large Louis Vuitton traveling trunk, having the initials "E.P.M." found in the possessions of MM after her death though its origin is unknown. Approximately 45 inches length

Final Bid: $3,600.00

MARILYN MONROE LOUIS VUITTON TRUNK

A large Louis Vuitton traveling trunk, having inner drawers and garment hanging and a sticker reading "Owner's Name: G. Cehiclwick/Sailing 24/11/28"; found in the possessions of MM after her death though its origin is unknown. Approximately 45 inches length

Final Bid $ 5,100.00

I thought that this was interesting. Honestly though, I would have thought that the trunks would have sold for much higher considering they were vintage Louis Vuitton and seemingly belonged to Marilyn. Maybe they were in poor shape.

2. They must have been in bad shape to go for so low.

3. WOW! :wtf: I can't beleive the prices were so low. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. I :love: :love: :love: LV trunks with a passion and the fact that they were MM's doesn't hurt. Are there any pics of the trucks at auction?

4. I didn't see any photos. Hopefully, they were in bad shape though...since the price was ridiculously low. I mean considering her undies went for over a thousand a piece too!!

5. lol a thousand a piece for undies :lol:

6. Holy cow.. that's awesome prices for that kind of memento !

7. I wished I could see the pics..pretty cheap ..

8. :wtf: wow... i wonder what kind of ppl bidded on them

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder how much to fix these two..

10. Bags, Are these pictures of the MM trunks, that you have found online? They are cool.

11. The trunks probably would have gone for a much higher price if they had her actual initials on them.

12. You know, I didn't even notice that....I guess MM bought second hand too!:lol:

13. Yes, they are MM trunks..