Dying your Bbag a TOTALLY different color??

^^ i'd be very cautious about doing this, since i've heard it will change the leather texture...i think your best bet would be to call LMB or "art bag" (in nyc) & see if they offer this service...i definitely wouldn't trust it to anyone else but an expert!!! :girlsigh:

I think that a lot of places that formerly offered the dyeing service have backed out for these reasons. I'm assuming a lot of people's results weren't what they expected. Is it possible that a really good cleaning could help you? Or are you worried about yellowing?

I think a main reason why this isn't successful is that the zipper pull area will stay the same color according to Kim. I personally wouldnt want to carry around a black bag with light blue/pink/green/etc. zipper pull because it would look strange. That limits my dye possibilities to the same color families..

Hi :smile:

I bought this gorgeous new twiggy only a week ago. About a year ago it was dyied white- but I would like to dye it black. Do you think this is possible, or will it ruin the bag. Can the leather handle to be dyied twice?

Please help Ü

Attachments

• twiggy4kom.JPG
    twiggy4kom.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 224
  • twiggykom.JPG
    twiggykom.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 235
In my limitedexperiences with dyeing leather two things have happened, the leather loses its supple surface and it gets more 'plasticky' in appearance..but I have onyy worked with surface leather dyes and perhaps there are fiber reactive dyes like Procion Dye(meaning that the dye reacts with and becomes a part of the fabric it is applied to, and does not simply sit on the top layer)..I agree that Barara of LMB would give you the best guidance.

My white s/s 06 (tag w/ Y), it got SO DIRTY from traveling and just out and about, in the streets in ny & france, the handles were turning this nasty gray and the bag started looking old yellowish white from all the city pollution/dirt, etc.

Neimans told me to take it to Shoe Lab and the Neimans in Vegas uses Shoe Lab. So I did and they ended up having to re-dye the entire bag white...at first, i wasn't too keen on re-dying my bag, but i'm happy with the result, looks new and only took one to two weeks to "break it in." The leather is back to really soft and you can't even tell. If you have a white bag and it's really dirty, i say go for it and use Shoe Lab. I only think you can get away with dying the white B bags back to white. I wouldn't do any other colors.

My lilac first has faded quite badly. So I was thinking of sending the bag to lovinmybags.com for color restoration. Has anyone tried their services? Or does balenciaga redye the bags for us?

Thanks for any help.