Dying your Bbag a TOTALLY different color??

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I have purchase a bag that's been re-dyed. In my opinion, it wasn't worth it. The color is more uniform and the bag loses the distressed leather-look. It also makes the bag really stiff and "crackly" (but maybe that goes away with use?). Hope that helps!

from what I have read, I wouldn't trust the bag to anyone but barbara at LMB. For the most part everyone seems very happy with the work they do. I have even read here that Bal redyed someone's bag and they were not happy witht the results. But redying the bag may alter the feel of the leather. IMO I would contact Barbara and discuss the options you have.
Good Luck!

everyone says its makes your bag feel gross, i wouldn't do it unless you feel you absolutly HAVE to and even then i would NEVER dye it a different colour! unless it was of the same colour family, like dying a faded sky blue turqouise or something

Already a thread dedicated to re-dyeing bbags as well as another HUGE one on LMB :yes:

Merged.

My lilac first has faded quite badly. So I was thinking of sending the bag to lovinmybags.com for color restoration. Has anyone tried their services? Or does balenciaga redye the bags for us?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten their bag redyed and how yours has held up over time? Does it soften up again? Does the 'paint' stay on as well as the original?

Please share your experience!:tender:

ok... i bought an 03 white pewter hardware first with the longer strap. I knew it had been color corrected to bring it back to it's white glory ;) the bad news: it felt rough and dry and I was pretty disappointed with the feel of it.
So last night I put applegard conditioner on it and let it sit over night. This morning I wake up to a dirty yellow bag, rubbing and rubbing did nothing.
After wanting to cry :crybaby:, my first thought was tattoo it like that seafoam bag pic floating around. I mean, after all, what do I have to lose. :lol: then I thought... why not send it to LMB and get it dyed black. I would like a black ph first someday... but I think I'd rather have a black ph first in it's true smooshy glory, without the hassle of the leather. So here is my current thought, have it dyed a dark red (my favorite color) or turquoise (lusting after turq right now). I know this bag can never be sold, I'm ok with that. It wouldn't sell as a dirty yellow anyway, why not turn it into a color I love? Do ya'll think I'm crazy? Would you do it? :confused1:

Oh dear... that's a toughie. Obviously you wouldn't wear it looking like that, and you won't sell it, so you're pretty much free to do with it as your heart desires. If you let LMB dye it a color that's not "original" Bal, people might think it's fake (but who cares, right?). Perhaps they can restore the white? But personally I'd dye it black, it's probably easiest plus you wanted one anyway. Good luck sweetie! :tup:

If it were me, i would see if LMB could clean it so that it was white again. And perhaps they could treat it so that it becomes softer? For some reason I just wouldn't feel comfortable dying a bbag a different color. Just my opinion though, good luck with whatever you decide to do!