Dying your Bbag a TOTALLY different color??

Oh dear... that's a toughie. Obviously you wouldn't wear it looking like that, and you won't sell it, so you're pretty much free to do with it as your heart desires. If you let LMB dye it a color that's not "original" Bal, people might think it's fake (but who cares, right?). Perhaps they can restore the white? But personally I'd dye it black, it's probably easiest plus you wanted one anyway. Good luck sweetie! :tup:
LMB is the one that originally corrected it back to white... I'm afraid if they do it again, it'll just get cracklier, I'll add moisturizer and it'll turn dirty yellow. :lol: I think black might be the way to go... or red. dang it! thank you ;)

If it were me, i would see if LMB could clean it so that it was white again. And perhaps they could treat it so that it becomes softer? For some reason I just wouldn't feel comfortable dying a bbag a different color. Just my opinion though, good luck with whatever you decide to do!
I'm afraid they reason that LMB turned it white again in the first place was because of this yellow issue. So I think I either have to choose a color or tattoo it. or take all the PH off and add it to a different bag :P I need to call them and see if they have a "softer treatment". that's what got me in to this mess in the first place.

sorry to hear that. ita with s-o-f. keep us posted!
i'll do some before and after pics!

I have the same problem, I also have an 03 first and I was thinking of dying
Like you I don't know what to do
Do you use it the way it is? I just know I won't use it this way so I have to do something! It's pewter hardware, I gotta love it ;)

Does anyone have experience with dying? I am wondering if LMB is the only way? Since I am in Europe it is not much of an option... Would you trust your bbag with another leather-care shop???

And also - what about the zipper and the stitches? I am afraid the will not come out the same color??

It is also a white bag I am considerign dying black.. Hope someone might have som advice on the subject..

I don't know exactly where this goes so feel free to move it mods.

I bought a calcaire city about 4-5 months ago, and she has already been to Lovin' my bags after my b/f put her in oil (unknowingly). Since then, the handles have darkened dramatically and it's so high maintenance (like jeans dye leaking, random dirt, gross tassels, zipper of the bag rusting onto the sides of the top part!!!!, etc.).

After complaining to my SO about it, I said I was going to sell it for a black first. Since he was the one that paid LMB, he suggested that I dyed the bag black.

My question is, has anyone done this before? Is it a stupid idea for some unknown reason? I'm seriously contemplating this but don't even know where to start-- I figured if anyone dyed a balenciaga a different color, it would be someone here. I'm 100% sure that I'm either dyeing it, or selling it.. so I'm not going to regret it either way. It's one of those relationships where I loved it in the beginning, but it's just so high maintenance. And, normally I don't get this fed up.. but it's annoying. And, to have to worry about spending a lot of money on something and not being able to use it seems pointless and just frustrating.

Once again, feel free to move...

Thanks in advance. :tup:

I've done it with other bags - and it worked out OK. I think it would work well on something like Calcaire (but I have never done it on a bbag, so wait until you hear the opinions of others who have!) Just go to a good place, so the dye doesn't rub off on your clothes or car seats!

AAAAaaaaacccckkk! Please don't. The leather will never be the same. If it is driving you crazy, sell it, and buy a darker bag. Someone will love it, high maintenance or not! :wtf:

please take some time out to explore the sub-forums. check out the care & feed threads re dyeing bbags.

Welcome to BBag Heaven :flowers:

To help the forum stay neat and tidy, create threads for future reference, and general ease of usability please use the following guidelines when posting:

Before creating a new thread SEARCH for old ones to tack onto first.
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/?nojs=1#goto_forumsearch

When starting a new thread give it a DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
like "HMWe46's new Violet Make-Up"or "HMWe46 goes crazy and sells a shoe to fund a bbag" or whatever :shame:

Stay away from titles like, "HELP!" or "Need Opinions" or "New BBag"

:cutesy::cutesy::cutesy:

Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the layout of the Balenciaga sub-forums:

There is a Reference Library that includes the following:

* Balenciaga Color Information by Season
* Dimensions and Prices for all Balenciaga Styles

There is a Shopping Section that includes:

* Authenticate This Balenciaga
* Reputable Stores Carrying Balenciaga

LMB is the one that originally corrected it back to white... I'm afraid if they do it again, it'll just get cracklier, I'll add moisturizer and it'll turn dirty yellow. :lol: I think black might be the way to go... or red. dang it! thank you ;)

I'm afraid they reason that LMB turned it white again in the first place was because of this yellow issue. So I think I either have to choose a color or tattoo it. or take all the PH off and add it to a different bag :P I need to call them and see if they have a "softer treatment". that's what got me in to this mess in the first place.

i'll do some before and after pics!

Do you use it the way it is? I just know I won't use it this way so I have to do something! It's pewter hardware, I gotta love it ;)

ladybug any update on this? I am keen to find out. I have a yellowing white box that I am thinking of either colour correcting or dying it into another colour :confused1:

No dye! I am certain as has been said that you will find a Buyer for her..honestly the dye however well done will make the leather stiffer,have an odd 'finish' on it and also look kind of 'plasticky'..I dye fabrics and leathers regularly in my studio and have never mastered dyeing leather so that it retains its 'feel' ..

NO! Someone will take her in.... then use that money to fund a black one. I have touched dyed BBags and usually the ones I have seen are from a lighter color to black or blue and it does not feel right. Like quilter said... it will feel stiff.... and I am afraid to tell ya but it will look and feel like a FAKE bbag.

Bumpity, anyone else that has had their bag dyed ? I think I must.. from Ivory to Black.. I just can't take the pain of the colour transfer !!!

....dyed your bbag...I was thinking how I would really like a black day. Then I was thinking that I don't really like the colour of the day I have now, which is truffle. So I know that some people send them away..I am scared to do it. So I was just wondering if anyone has done it and if so where do I send it and how much is it?

Thanks everyone!