Someone told me never go with “Hermes in Black”...!

Mira

O.G.
Nov 22, 2006

Hello everyone,

I was talking to a friend and I told her: “I thinking of getting a birkin bag in BLACK “;
She said: “No Way “Hermes in Black “, don’t go with black believe me “
Me: “Why? Why not black “
She said: “just believe, don’t go with black for any Hermes bag “

Why, Not Black, I don’t get it? I’d love to listen to your thoughts do you agree or disagree any way?

Thanks

You're friend must be bonkers - black is a classic, looks great, has been going forever ( ie Hermes know what they are doing with this shade), it never tires and keeps its value.

interesting topic - i had this debate with my gf earlier abt black too...

why yes - black is classic, last forever, staple color to go with almost anything in your wardrobe, no need to worry abt dirt/stains

why no - it is one of the most common colors (so frequently seen around), + the best thing abt hermes is their huge array of lovely vibrant colors, so why stick to black (when you can get another black bag in any other brand).

i think its a huge dilemma in my opinion. hard to justify either way. :biggrin:

Instead of black, how about considering a colour that looks like black but isn't black? Like graphite, navy blue, ebene .... In certain lightings they look like black, but in other lighting they look different. 1 colour, many variations!

I totally understand this!! For me, black in Hermes doesn't work well....and the reasons are -- I love colors!! I have had a couple of black H bags and sold them just because...I prefer raisin first, reds, and blues...but I certainly wouldn't tell someone else to NOT get black if black is your thing! I understand it's a basic and all that...but for me I have learned I prefer a slight color, something fun, over black...