Someone told me never go with “Hermes in Black”...!

AS MANY OF YOU KNOWS I'M A ''EXOTIC '' GIRL I LOVE ALL THE EXOTIC SKIN AND SPECIALLY CROCODILE.......I DO HAVE MANY AMAZING BAGS IN VERY RARE COLOURS ....
I CAN'T SAY WhICH IS MY FAVOURITE....HERMES COLOURS ARE SO SPECIAL THEY did CONVERT ALSO A EXTREME ''BLACK LOVER''LIKE ME...( USED TO WEAR BLACK MOSTLY OF THE TIME....)!!!!!!!!!!! I do not have any black exotic bag (my Dh ORDER A 40CM MATTE BLACK BIRKIN ,but I do not care about it...).....I do have a togo black is my ''working horse'' ...did I miss a black beauty ...not at all.
Black still one of my favourite colours but my colour SPECTRUM NOW is so exciting ....that ...
DEAR MR. BLACK ....SEE YOU LATER.....:graucho:!!!!!!

...BUT...DEAR MIRA....I WON'T WORRY ABOUT THE COLOUR AND ABOUT YOUR FRIEND ADVICE.....YOU SHOULD GET THE'' HERMES ''THAT MAKE YOU FEEL ...BUTTERFLIES IN YOUR TUMMY!!!!! who cares about the colour ...hermes bags are all very special!!!!!!

As i got older, I realise I've started liking brighter colors to make me look younger. :blush: I think that's because i had black overdose in my younger days where my entire outfit is in black.

I too didn't think black is a good color for an Hermes bag. Partially because every brand out there makes a black bag. But Hermes is just so creative with colors.

Recently I've seen so many TPFers who wear black so well (especially as the bag gets more worn), it's actually stunning!

Perhaps your friend needs to check out the TPF pictures to be a convert. Or perhaps she just thinks colors compliment you more.

Black may be a classic, but then every bag Hermes makes is a classic, no matter what the colour is. I think more important is whether the colour compliments your wardrobe, your lifestyle and your skin tone. While black may look great on some women, others (like me) look downright drab with the colour.

I've never been a big fan of black, I much prefer browns.... I only have a black box Kelly which I seldom use, and I had a black Clemence Birkin which I've sold. Something that got me thinking about H black is that I sent my Kelly to the spa a few months ago,(the corners were slightly scuffed) and when it came back, the corners were still slightly lighter in colour....I was rather disapointed about this; all my other bags, both box and other leathers, have all come back looking pristine from the spa, the corners perfect....is it just a coincidence that the only black bag didn't come back looking as good as the others???:confused1:

Duna, I thought that black bags were easily restored, which is why I am considering one in clemence or togo. That's not good to hear.

I was talking to an SA about what color to choose for my next bag and mentioned black. She said black is often your first birkin/bag or your last. I think she was just saying that there are so many colors to choose from.

I've never been a big fan of black, I much prefer browns.... I only have a black box Kelly which I seldom use, and I had a black Clemence Birkin which I've sold. Something that got me thinking about H black is that I sent my Kelly to the spa a few months ago,(the corners were slightly scuffed) and when it came back, the corners were still slightly lighter in colour....I was rather disapointed about this; all my other bags, both box and other leathers, have all come back looking pristine from the spa, the corners perfect....is it just a coincidence that the only black bag didn't come back looking as good as the others???:confused1:

I'm personally with duna on this. I appreciate that a Birkin in black is a complete classic for many, many women - but I'm a *brown* girl. While I have been living in black during this pregnancy, I am far better suited to brown. Brown is my black - a staple colour I wear all the time. I have only ever owned 2 black bags (now down to one - a vintage Kelly). It doesn't matter if a black bag is the ultimate bag to own - the ultimate bag for *ME* to own will always be a brown bag. It would be a mistake for me to get a black Birkin, if it was the only Birkin I could own. A number of H browns, or brown-based neutrals, would suit me better. Depending on the context, advice like "don't get black!" could actually be a friend talking me off the ledge of an impulse buy, or a "peer pressure" purchase (e.g. reading how black is the #1 H Birkin colour, a zealous SA pushing an available black bag, etc.).

Having said all of that, not sure what the context of this advice was?? Could it be sabotage - or are you also a browns person??

Duna, I thought that black bags were easily restored, which is why I am considering one in clemence or togo. That's not good to hear.

I was talking to an SA about what color to choose for my next bag and mentioned black. She said black is often your first birkin/bag or your last. I think she was just saying that there are so many colors to choose from.

...This is kind of what I mean about "peer pressure". Black is so classic for so many people that it is natural (and factually appropriate) for SAs to champion it. Sometimes being in an H boutique, we lose our minds and become vulnerable to the power of suggestion!

Black is a wonderful choice in a classic H. bag. Having said that, purchase the bag that makes YOU feel good and proud to carry. In the end, it is you that will be carrying that bag. So, enjoy it!!!

If colour is an issue, and you want a neutral bag to work with you wardrobe, then you can use a Tilly or other scarves to brighten it/ dress it up.

Mira, if you want black don't let anyone change your mind. I want a black Plume,Bolide and leather Garden Party.
I really wanted a black Birkin as my first choice and brown as my second.
The brown came in first and I am glad it did,but I still need a black H bag.

I think it also depends on your locale and whether you dress in a similar style of the people around you. Where I am now, the only time you see people in black are at church, unless it's a wedding. Whereas at my summer home (northern Europe) people wear black all the time, regardless of the season, time of day, or occasion.
Personally, I prefer colours and if I were to chose the last bag in the world to own in a neutral it would be a brown tone and not a black.

I'm bringing out Miss Black Kelly to say Hi!

32 cdc sellier PH.:P

attachment.php