OH NO!!! Trouble with my pink Heritage Stripe tote!

denverjenny

OBSESSED with COACH!
Jul 18, 2007
So I finally pulled out my pink medium tote to start using, only about 5 or 6 days ago....well today I am sitting in the drive through line at Starbucks admiring it and noticed on the inside part of the handles, the part that touches the pink leather that lines the top of the tote....the pink has transferred onto my straps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For $298, I figured it would last a *LITTLE* longer. Can I take it back and will they let me get something else? I don't want a new one if it's going to do the same thing. I bought it in January (the very beginning) but didn't use it till just now. Help! :sad:

OMG... Tell me you are kidding, PLEASE!!! I just bought the XL satchel in Red yesterday plus the matching wristlet and mini skinny. I am not sure what to say but this is CRAZY!!! COACH should refund or exchange for you because this is non -acceptable. OMG ... I am so sorry and this even has me stressed about using my new bag.
Let us know what happens, BEST OF LUCK!!!

OMG... Tell me you are kidding, PLEASE!!! I just bought the XL satchel in Red yesterday plus the matching wristlet and mini skinny. I am not sure what to say but this is CRAZY!!! COACH should refund or exchange for you because this is non -acceptable. OMG ... I am so sorry and this even has me stressed about using my new bag.
Let us know what happens, BEST OF LUCK!!!

See this tote....I have the pink
http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10615&category_id=1383

See that very top of the tote pink leather that runs all around it? It touches the straps...that's where it's happening. I don't think you have to worry about your stachel though, do the starps come in contact with the colored leather?

That is horrible, that should not be happening. Especially for what you paid for the bag. I was just sitting here contemplating that same bag but now I am not sure. Can you post pictures of what you are talking about please? I am concerned about buying one now. Oh and I for sure would take it back to the store.

Ok, let's see if this picture works....it's on the front right inside and the back left inside straps. The only one that is showing up good enough to see on a picture os this one, but you can see IRL on the other one too....do you think they will let me exchange? For something that doesn't do this? I wouldn't mind, but when the straps fall down when you set the tote down it looks like poo. :sad:
1570kxx.jpg

I can see what you mean by the color transfer on the strap but I think that is going to happen with any colored leather that comes into contact with a fabric regularly like the strap does. If it bothers you, talk to Coach and see what they say. But another bag in this line will probably do the same thing...

funny you mention that, I noticed this same sorta thing on my scribble when i got it, its just from the handle rubbing on that leather.
I think its bound to happen regardless of the color of bag.. pita thats for sure. if it bothers you i'd go back to coach with it and see what the say.

Yeah I can see how that would be annoying. I just got the large Carly and my jeans rub off on it. It annoys me so bad but I absolutely love the bag and could never part with it. If this really bothers you and you don't mind parting with the bag then I say try to return it. I hate how my jeans rub on my Carly but I could never part with her. If you don't feel that way about this bag then it is worth a try to exchange it. Let us know what you do!

I can see what you mean by the color transfer on the strap but I think that is going to happen with any colored leather that comes into contact with a fabric regularly like the strap does. If it bothers you, talk to Coach and see what they say. But another bag in this line will probably do the same thing...

I know, that's what I'm worried about. As much as I like this, I don't WANT another if that's what will happen. I am just worried they will give me grief and not let me get something else. :sad: