COACH declares war on loyal customers (editorial article)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my last post in this thread because I see nothing but train wreck coming. For my last post I will mention that Coach is not the only company that does this. LV targets customers as well and will trow them out of the store. It happened to a lady on the ebay board. Gymboree even does this, as well as pottery barn, J crew, Gap, Banana republic, etc. Just go in to any of these stores and ask them. Dooney even has a customer limit in their outlets, it's on the door when you walk in.

this is my last post in this thread because I see nothing but train wreck coming. For my last post I will mention that Coach is not the only company that does this. LV targets customers as well and will trow them out of the store. It happened to a lady on the ebay board. Gymboree even does this, as well as pottery barn, J crew, Gap, Banana republic, etc. Just go in to any of these stores and ask them. Dooney even has a customer limit in their outlets, it's on the door when you walk in.

Do all of these stores always ask for personal info at the time of sale, even when it is with cash?

Well I have a 2 year old and I shop at Gymboree sometimes. When I do buy there, it is deeply discounted items and I will buy a bunch at once because hey, when you find a good sale, why not? When I pay with cash, I've never been asked for my personal info there.

If Coach wants to keep more people IN THE STORE and off E-bay...one good plan would be to give the PCE coupon to EVERY customer who has bought a bag that year at the botique. Maybe that would drive more loyalty.

I know myself and a few others, have had it come out of our eyes to get a coupon. Shopping there for years and only receiving one or even NONE.

Wouldn't they rather encourage people to shop 20 or 25% off in their own store? Than to run to the internet to get a discount. I work in marketing and it makes sense to me, but who knows big businesses seem to think they know it all.

And I like what i read about the Dooney outlet having a sign posted publically about the amount of outlet bags you can buy. Maybe that would be a better solution, so it's public, instead of placing attack on individuals. Not that I agree with people who are trying to get away with anything, but I am sure there are innocent people in the cross fire.

I am a member of makeupalley and I know that MAC has banned individuls who buy from the outlets and resell. I guess this is par for the course with very popular brands. However, I really wish COACH would be more diligent about getting the fakes off EBAY, how about the people putting up fake merchandise making a profit off of a counterfeit bag, in my opinion that should be their focus.

I don't think people should be buying items from a Coach outlet just to resell it on ebaY in the first place. Like the article says, these resellers are not authorized by Coach.

But I agree that if Coach doesn't want their product cheapened any further, they should be doing a lot more than singling out some people for this "letter". They need to close a lot of their outlets, stop allowing their authorized resellers to move merchandise to TJ Maxx and Costco and make a lot more leather and a lot less signature. What happened to our great American leather company?

Pulling auctions and banning customers is just a band-aid for a much bigger problem.

I am a member of makeupalley and I know that MAC has banned individuls who buy from the outlets and resell. I guess this is par for the course with very popular brands. However, I really wish COACH would be more diligent about getting the fakes off EBAY, how about the people putting up fake merchandise making a profit off of a counterfeit bag, in my opinion that should be their focus.

I'm a member of MUA too :tup: I don't like it when MAC attacks their customers either, these companies really need better solutions imho. I'm no corporate thinker but isn't there a better way? Obviously, these companies want to move the outlet product out the door or it wouldn't be there at a discount-then they get upset that people are buying the products they want to sell. Not to mention that it makes no sense for a company trying to sell a product to continuously alienate customers-the more customers, the more you sell and that's the bottom line.

Finally...imho Coach needs to start worrying about it's own quality control issues of late rather than being concerned with how their product holds up upon being resold.

I think this is also Coach's way of just covering up their mistake of expanding more than they should of (with so many outlets). I think closing a few of them would cut down on all this frenzy.

wow...that gives a whole new meaning to be being "banned" lol I think it is crazy! What if someone was buying gifts for their bridesmaid and got them all the same purse? Would she get a letter?

wow...that gives a whole new meaning to be being "banned" lol I think it is crazy! What if someone was buying gifts for their bridesmaid and got them all the same purse? Would she get a letter?

I know, I went to the outlet last month and bought 2 wristlets, one for me and one from my friend's birthday. For a split second, I was thinking of stocking up (getting 10) and buying early birthday and X-mas gifts for friends and family, glad I didn't, I wouldn't want them to ban me.

^^I know! I have young girls in my family and got them scarves at Christmastime (from the boutique with PCE) but what if I had shopped at the outlet instead? I wonder how any company that sells a product would want to encourage selling less-for any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.