Do you think how you look has helped or hindered you?

I'm not much in the face department...but its unfortunate that I got stuck with big knockers. I get unwanted attention from guys and even girls sometimes. I feel like everyone thinks I love having big boobs and want me to capitalize on that...whatever that means. But honestly I wonder if thats all they see.

Looks can open doors but if you have no personality are rude to people and just act like a jerk than your beauty is ugly. I have had friends who were truly beautiful and could not see their beauty and some were actually insecure. I have had other friends who were so in love with themselves and thinking that they were all that--which made their circle of friends get smaller as the months went by. A man can be interested by someone with looks alone but as time goes by if the person is shallow and can not carry a conversation it may get old really quick. I have one friend who is very pretty but not very bright and when her husband married her he was proud to be seen with such a hot babe, well sad to say he now does not take her to any work related functions because she dresses like a slut and can not carry on a conversation.......so his hot asset is now a liability to him in the business world.

I'm not much in the face department...but its unfortunate that I got stuck with big knockers. I get unwanted attention from guys and even girls sometimes. I feel like everyone thinks I love having big boobs and want me to capitalize on that...whatever that means. But honestly I wonder if thats all they see.

If that's you and your SO in your avatar, I think your face is beautiful!!! :love:

Interesting thread! I beleave looks have a big influence on everything; possitive and negative. I can live with that but parents are confronting their children to much with it. My mom is always so focussed on looks that it got me really insecure while i know it's all about karacter.

YEs, I think my looks and, maybe even more importantly how I present myself, has helped me. I think it's important to understand the limits and strenghts of your looks. If you know what appeals to different type of people you can act and dress accordingly and your physical looks then wont be such a big deal.

Things may be different, they probably would be, at least in terms of first impressions. But if you're a good person then at least that doesn't change based on what's on the outside!

If that's you and your SO in your avatar, I think your face is beautiful!!! :love:
^ I was going to say the same thing :yes:

Anyway, to answer the question: I think it has helped and hurt me at different times in my life. When I was younger I got lots of attention from males, but girls my age HATED me. They saw how I looked and that I was shy, and assumed I was stuck up. I always had boyfriends and throngs of male admirers but I had a really hard time making friends with girls. And it was hard to open up to people, because I felt like everyone hated me.

I think think the best thing for me was gaining some weight. Sometimes I hate it, but I still consider myself attractive. In the long run, I think it helped me come out of my shell and learn how to use my PERSONALITY and charm to get what I want instead of just my looks. At the end of the day, looks will get you a lot of attention, but KINDNESS makes people like you. I'd rather be liked than gawked at :shrugs:

Well, both.

My face, from what I think and what I've been told, is good to look at. My looks have helped me become more socially accepted, and in most groups, popular. However, the only thing that really hinders me is my height. I'm kind of short and some people find it necessary to always make note of that, sometimes in a snarky way. I don't stoop to their level and say something bad about them. Usually, those who aren't at all pleasant to look at are the rudest when commenting about my height. Ignorant people usually view me as weak and fragile. I used to be bothered by it, but now I know that it's not my problem. I'm not the ignorant one.

I don't like to get through life easier because of the way I look. Sure, I don't mind it in small instances, but I am uneasy that the world often works like that. I know I can gain success through my personality and intelligence. And I don't like it when people assume that I achieved the things I have because of my appearance.

Yes, it has helped and hindered. And, right now, I realize what a lucky place I currently am in. I get a lot more favors than I probably deserve. At the same time, I realize I was just lucky....

Hmmm...I don't think my looks helped me significantly to remember! :lol: I've attracted some pretty interesting men (a couple who were fairly good-looking), but to be honest I think it was because I appeared in their field of vision more.

But as for life in general...if anything, I would say I have had to overcome obstacles to prove myself because I am an ethnic female...which I hate to admit, but I don't believe I fall into "mainstream beauty" (ie, blonde hair and blue eyes).

And off of what I said, if you achieved anything in life based off how you look - sure you may be gorgeous, but your other tools carried you through - such as being a good person, a good wife, smart, funny, caring, etc. Everyone will remember that about you just as much as they will remember how pretty you were after you leave this place behind.

I agree with this.

I think getting by just on looks is a losing proposition because looks do fade. If one doesn't nurture their talents, they lose those abilities too.

I have kind of weird taste in men (basically, I really like models), but I know that I allow those I find super attractive get away with a lot more things....

Well, both.

My face, from what I think and what I've been told, is good to look at. My looks have helped me become more socially accepted, and in most groups, popular. However, the only thing that really hinders me is my height. I'm kind of short and some people find it necessary to always make note of that, sometimes in a snarky way. I don't stoop to their level and say something bad about them. Usually, those who aren't at all pleasant to look at are the rudest when commenting about my height. Ignorant people usually view me as weak and fragile. I used to be bothered by it, but now I know that it's not my problem. I'm not the ignorant one.

I don't like to get through life easier because of the way I look. Sure, I don't mind it in small instances, but I am uneasy that the world often works like that. I know I can gain success through my personality and intelligence. And I don't like it when people assume that I achieved the things I have because of my appearance.

Hey, ITA! I am trying my best not to sound egotistical because that is not my intention, but when I am the superior (looks/position wise) among other taller people (I am 5'3) mostly women, I think they feel obliged to say something about my height... lol. Like, "Oh, I didn't know you were so short." Aw well, I like to think that they are just jealous and would rather make taunting comments than work to where I am!
Thank god for those 5 inch heels I live in. ;)

In terms of my looks helping me, I can't think of any significant times it has but it does help with those little everyday things. :lol: IMO more people are inclined to help you out above and beyond when you are good-looking. I have people asking me if everything is OK when I am just bending down to pick up something I dropped. It's also useful when receiving service. I was at Ralph Lauren buying things for my dad with my friend, and the guy SA there asked my friend to help him hook up with me! Shame he didn't know I was only 15 at the time, but we got great discounts and extra goodies. :rolleyes: Instances like that make life a little simpler... but I also don't want just my appearance helping me get somewhere important. Like JAN!, I want to be successful because of my real qualities, such as my personality and intelligence.

My 2 cents!