Coach soho line *gulp* .. discontinued???!!

I know what you mean. I like the soho stuff much better than the ergo stuff too, except for the suedes, mini sig contrasting flaps etc but I love the regular standard leather hobos and those side pocket totes and stuff. I hope they will be coming out with more, I get what you mean, you are not necessarily interested in a bag that has already come out, you like to see new stuff from this line that has come out and then you buy it.

yep i love the soho line as well, but they deleted it last summer/ fall!
so all the stuff went to the outlets!
actually i love outlets because you never know what you'll find, i hear they were coming out with something new to replace it- not ergos- something like redoing the old city line?
can anyone confirm this or am i just nuts?

Argggg I'm not an outlet fan!! I don't want to search through outlets... it's tedious IMO, personally, that is... when I want a bag the fun is not in the hunt for me... I'm not a bag huntress... For me, it's going and getting the bag I want when I want it... or simply going on line and *click* - the very bag I want is on it's way to me... I'm a lazy handbag aficionado...

I'm troubled.

This very well may be my farewell to Coach...
Wait, Wait, Wait! I've heard that the Soho Collection will be re-designed and released later this year. So hold tight, it's coming back!:tup:

I totally feel you, LivinLuxiously! I'm not a big fan of the Ergos, either; they are a nice looking bag & I know obviously have a huge fan base, but they just don't work for me. :sad: I have a Soho Flap Bag that has my heart:heart:, but somehow I'm not surprised that the current Soho line has been discontinued. It seems all companies, no matter how successful a certain line is, feels the need to up the demand by limiting their supply of a certain product line. And it never fails, it always seems to be something I love!:hysteric: Everything from Coach to Chanel nailpolish to Avon lipstick seems to do this! I hate it, but I do find it encouraging to hear that the plan is to revamp the line. Of course, IMO, there was nothing wrong with the line the way it was! :P And for me, shopping the outlets wouldn't be a terrible inconvience (hour away) but I do understand that some people don't have that luxury!

Plus, whatever is at the outlets tends to be all over Ebay. Even if I don't buy, sometimes I scour Ebay to see what is new at the outlets. It gives me my fix since I am hours away from a factory store.

If you think about it, it was time to let it go. Soho has been around since what? 2002? A 5 year span on a line that barely changed was a good run. They'll most likely re-release it in a couple years like they did the ergo. Now, when will they kill Hamptons?

I totally feel you, LivinLuxiously! I'm not a big fan of the Ergos, either; they are a nice looking bag & I know obviously have a huge fan base, but they just don't work for me. :sad: I have a Soho Flap Bag that has my heart:heart:, but somehow I'm not surprised that the current Soho line has been discontinued. It seems all companies, no matter how successful a certain line is, feels the need to up the demand by limiting their supply of a certain product line. And it never fails, it always seems to be something I love!:hysteric: Everything from Coach to Chanel nailpolish to Avon lipstick seems to do this! I hate it, but I do find it encouraging to hear that the plan is to revamp the line. Of course, IMO, there was nothing wrong with the line the way it was! :P And for me, shopping the outlets wouldn't be a terrible inconvience (hour away) but I do understand that some people don't have that luxury!

I'm so with ya! I find it's a new trend with popular designer brands - it seems they all want to turn super exclusive! It's obnoxious, I think :tdown:

These are my only Coach bags - I used to have another, and even that was a soho hobo (small sig, with the leather base)!!!
DSCN3597.jpg

I've never been attracted to any other Coach line. The soho hobo is what first drew me to Coach about 4 years ago - and since then I've really only liked the shape of their hobo - the roundness, it's potential boho-ness (especially the large hobos :drool:). They can fit so much and they're so lightweight - and affordable! And durable! None of the other Coach designs have every really done it for me... :crybaby:

I like the soho line too.. but you don't have to scour the outlets, like others said it is a line there so there are rows and rows of them.. it's not like the clearance ones that are sent there occasionally. Good Luck! :tup:

I'm so with ya! I find it's a new trend with popular designer brands - it seems they all want to turn super exclusive! It's obnoxious, I think :tdown:

These are my only Coach bags - I used to have another, and even that was a soho hobo (small sig, with the leather base)!!!
DSCN3597.jpg

I've never been attracted to any other Coach line. The soho hobo is what first drew me to Coach about 4 years ago - and since then I've really only liked the shape of their hobo - the roundness, it's potential boho-ness (especially the large hobos :drool:). They can fit so much and they're so lightweight - and affordable! And durable! None of the other Coach designs have every really done it for me... :crybaby:

I love your watercolor stripe & the khaki & brown hobos!! :tup: Very, very pretty! I have a friend who is a "hobo only" girl, too, but she recently bought an Ergo. She likes it well enough, but she prefers the traditional "soho hobos". :yes: You're in good company!

They actually have that same large round hobo style at the outlets right now in a very nice red leather with silver hardware.
I'm excited to see the revamped line this fall b/c I am also a soho fan!

Its very easy to find at the outlets- I grabbed a light green leather hobo and it was only $96! Soho stuff was everywhere, lots of signature pieces (red, and the black/white sig) covered the walls. Its one of my favorite lines too, I love that and the Hamptons line because they're affordable.