40 Cm Brkin...

the p40 cm comes in handy when you use it at an office bag or if you carry a lot of stuff or simply if you love the look of a large tote bag. personally i use it for travel as for me i carry only few things from day to day and i do not like the look of a nearly empty large bag with "lost in there" contents sliding around but that i totally personal

yup, it is super for us big girls; I'm quite surprise to find a 35 to be so small on the other hand......

I agree, the 35cm Birkin feels a bit snug. I actually have to make choices abt what to take.:s I was so used to throwing everything into my Chloe Pad. Buyer's tote. With 3 kids, I miss the room for the random extras and wonder if I should have bought a 40cm for a Birkin. D'oh! :Push: (I'm also thinking about the 36 HAC, hoping the extra vertical space will make the diff.?)

Laboheme:

As an ex-owner (boo-hoo!) of a 40 Birkin, i'm finding that the 36 HAC works pretty well to hold the magazines, kids books, pills, etc......but i still like the 40.;)

^^^Bazz,

Why, is it a bit larger? or Is the E-W design of the 40 Birkin better for access than the N-S of the HAC 36? Are the handles the same? I read somewhere that the 36 HAC handles are longer than the other HAC handles?

*Sorry for the hijack.:shame:

i bought a gorgeous 40 swift/havanne gold birkin, gold hw from a sweet tpfer :yes:
(can i say that here?- strike, vlad, if not tia)
i am about 64inches tall and humbly believe myself to be rather fit and strong, albeit the current meatball appearance of my middle proximity. :crybaby:
anyway,
the 40 ended up being way too heavy for everyday for me, even switching hands, and even under-loaded.
honey,
it is so so personal...what ever feels right for you can be a fine barometer.
i do consult the ladies here, as well as some dear friends ive made here !
enjoy!
angie

I have 40 Courchevel Birkin, and it weighs the same as my Clemence 35's....I find the bulk size more of an issue than the weight (and I have shoulder and elbow problems, so I shouldn't carry weights!) I'm 1,70m for 55kg, for the record......