What do you sound like, and can you carry a tune???

oo_let_me_see

100% Puerto Greekan
O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
I love getting to know everyone on tPF. Everyone's got their own style of writing, personality, and humor. And so I got to thinking, I wonder what people sound like. Do you have a deep voice or high pitched? (Like for some reason, I picture Megs having a sexy, raspy voice, I don't know why. lol) And can you carry a tune???

As for me, I sound a lot younger than 32, though I don't necessarily have a high-pitched voice. I am somewhat soft-spoken, but laugh hard and loud. lol Oh and I sound exactly like my 31-year old sister (parents can't tell us apart on the phone). As for carrying a tune, I'd like to think I sound like Mariah Carey when I belt it out, but most would probably argue I sound like Roseanne Barr. lol

How about you?

Some of my friends at school used to call me "The American" because they thought I sounded American? Although I've never lived in the US. (Probably picked it up from watching too much Desperate Housewives etc :lol:).

My accents weird because in Cheshire people talk 'proper' lol and people say my accents 'posh', but a lot of my families from Manchester so I tend to slip into more of a Mancunian/Northern/Coronation Street accent around them. As for singing.... lets just say I'll never even think of entering the x-factor. My singing is strictly for the car or shower only. Although I like to think I can sing the nursery rhymes pretty well to the kids as they're no so high pitched!

Some of my friends at school used to call me "The American" because they thought I sounded American? Although I've never lived in the US. (Probably picked it up from watching too much Desperate Housewives etc :lol:).

My accents weird because in Cheshire people talk 'proper' lol and people say my accents 'posh', but a lot of my families from Manchester so I tend to slip into more of a Mancunian/Northern/Coronation Street accent around them. As for singing.... lets just say I'll never even think of entering the x-factor. My singing is strictly for the car or shower only. Although I like to think I can sing the nursery rhymes pretty well to the kids as they're no so high pitched!

How cool, I forgot about accents! So funny they say you sound like an American. lol!!!

Well I'm a receptionist and a guy that called asked me if "I caused any accidents with a voice like mine", so I assume that I have a sweet/sexy voice? Not so sure if he was joking or not. I live in Chicago so people from other areas of the country say I have a Chicago accent.

I can carry a tune (kinda) if the song is in a lower pitch. If I try to sing soprano I pretty much suck. :yes:

Weird thing, the other day one of my clients complimented me on my "voice". I sing so I'm guessing I can carry a tune... but he said something like my voice is very "creamy". HAHA. I was :wtf:. I didn't know what it meant... but he said it was a good thing like as if my voice was velvety? I don't have a low voice but it isn't very high pitched either.
:shrugs::shrugs:

I have a total NYC accent. I hate it! It's not quite as bad as "The Nanny" but still. It's funny because I can actually tell which part of NY/NJ people are from. Long Island has a very different accent than say Brooklyn which is also different from the Bronx. NJ (to me) is even more twangy/nasally.

I'm originally from NY but in NJ now and when I say certain words or get angry, the New Yawker comes out in me! LOL!! My pitch is medium, not high or smoldering and I used to be in the choir in Jr. High, so I'd like to think I can carry a tune! ;)

erm, embarrassing to admit, but I sound like my 12 year old daughter.

If I had a pound for everytime somebody said is your mummy there, when I picked up the phone, I would be very Chanel rich by now ;)

:biggrin:

I have a total NYC accent. I hate it! It's not quite as bad as "The Nanny" but still. It's funny because I can actually tell which part of NY/NJ people are from. Long Island has a very different accent than say Brooklyn which is also different from the Bronx. NJ (to me) is even more twangy/nasally.

For some reason, I just pictured Carrie from King of Queens. lol

I don't have a southern accent, but when I go up north, people can tell I'm southern hah

I'm apparently much more high pitched than I think I am; when I hear a recording of my voice I think wow that can't be me, I sound like a child, lol

Oh and years of chorus, and I CAN NOT carry a tune :P

First off, I don't come close to being able to carry a tune. Whenever I do the whole "Who sings this song?" And sing the words trying to find out, NONE of my family or friends can ever tell what I'm singing. I've given up.
And I think my voice sounds pretty normal? I know when I hear it on messages or something I hate it. I always wanted Lindsay Lohan's voice... that raspy scratchy voice she has. But I sound like a little girl!

According to an American accent quiz I took, I have an accent from The Midland, which apparently means I don't have an accent. I think that's their way of saying I have a nonregional dialect, although I think I have a slight Massachusetts accent.

Granted, it's naht hahd coah, but I think it's detectable when I say certain words.

I believe I have an alto speaking voice. It's not too high and it's not too low. I was always first soprano in chorus.

I don't want to brag, but I'd like to think I'm not too shabby when it comes to karaoke.