What do you sound like, and can you carry a tune???

I'm from North east england techincally a geordie (look it up LOL) but I don't have a strong accent I was stopped at US immigration who questioned me for a while because I didn't sound english they asked me all sorts of questions like were did I go you school (yeah because you know it right?!?!?) did I go to boarding school had I lived in another countrry it was very strange

what do I sound like I don't know really when I sing I don't really try so I'm abd if I make an effort I don't think I'm that bad that said you are NEVER getting me on kareoke (sp??)

I have a total NYC accent. I hate it! It's not quite as bad as "The Nanny" but still. It's funny because I can actually tell which part of NY/NJ people are from. Long Island has a very different accent than say Brooklyn which is also different from the Bronx. NJ (to me) is even more twangy/nasally.

lol same here I have a heavy New York accent...People say I sound like I am from Brooklyn with the mix of the nanny:lol: I am from Staten Island and grew up with Italians so thats were my heavy accent comes from. I cannot sing, my family and my friends tell me to shut up:roflmfao:

I sound just like Carrie Underwood. LOL. When I talk or sing. My best friend and I used to sing in local bars, and a talent scout took us to MCA Nashville..... nothing ever came of it, long story, but it was cool! I love singing.

I love to sing...I used to be great, but now that I don't do it everyday, my range is a lot less and my breath support sucks! But I still sing in church all the time!

My voice sounds very young (I only hear it when I am changing my VM message on my work phone), but I have a very loud, crazy laugh! That is the most unique part of me, I think! (And if you get me laughing hard enough, I sound like a crazed hiena! (SP?))

I like this thread! I haven't had to give much thought to my voice since college. I was a voice major, so I do have classical training (that I paid a pretty penny for...). I have an alto speaking voice, but I'm actually a soprano. My singing voice is most comparable to Julie Andrews. A good thing, since my current audience loves Disney songs! I really would like to continue my voice lessons, but my local voice coach is still peeved that I didn't finish college.

I like this thread! I haven't had to give much thought to my voice since college. I was a voice major, so I do have classical training (that I paid a pretty penny for...). I have an alto speaking voice, but I'm actually a soprano. My singing voice is most comparable to Julie Andrews. A good thing, since my current audience loves Disney songs! I really would like to continue my voice lessons, but my local voice coach is still peeved that I didn't finish college.

How cool. I love hearing people who speak in an alto voice and sing in soprano...like Mariah. It's so neat. You SHOULD finish your lessons!

lol same here I have a heavy New York accent...People say I sound like I am from Brooklyn with the mix of the nanny:lol: I am from Staten Island and grew up with Italians so thats were my heavy accent comes from. I cannot sing, my family and my friends tell me to shut up:roflmfao:

Todt Hill??? My ex has family members that have lived there for years. I don't think it helped much being around them. LOL I don't think my accent is as bad as Carrie from King of Queens though, more like Meadow Soprano. Whenever I travel to California, people always ask what part of NY am I from. I grew up in Brooklyn so that's probably what my accent sounds like mostly. I do say "New Yawk" and "New Jursee" not "Joisey". :PI also have friends that I grew up with and their accent is not as heavy as mine. I blame it on my ex! :hrmm:

LOL!!! My husband was born and raised in NJ, and came to FL as an adult. From the day I met him to now, several years later, his heavy accent has declined big time. People still ask him where from the North he's from though. lol

I am originally from Texas, but i lived in L.A, Nevada, NY & Scotland for a while.
So I have a really weird accent Lol!
And its high-pitched, but it gets even more high-pitched with the more pina coladas, I drink.:rolleyes:

x

Fun thread! My regular speaking voice... I´d say it´s normal, a bit inclined to high-pitched when I´m excited though. As for singing, I think I can carry a tune quite well. My friends say I do Alanis Morissette songs best. I don´t think that´s exactly good though lol. About my accent: well, I´m originally mexican (but you can´t really tell when I speak English). I went to school in Texas and England when younger, so I have this weird mixture of accents sort of how Kelly Osbourne sounds like. Not quite English, but not quite American either. Some American clients I used to have at work would ask if I was Irish. Go figure!

I guess I just sound like a regular Aussie... not too 'ocker' (an ocker accent would be Crocodile Hunter). I actually have a quiet speaking voice, and a terrible singing voice but I also laugh loud.

Well I have this strong french accent, and even after 6 years abroad I can't help it.
My voice is rather alto but soft, and def. soprano when singing, and I tend to speak in a linear and flat tone of voice but very clearly, so foreigners like to learn french with me for that. Maybe you have heard the actress/model Anna Mouglalis (Chanel)....like her.
I can laugh quite loud and deep.
And my friends ask me to do their recorded voice message, app. sexy !!

I sometimes catch myself sounding a bit high-pitched UGH! I'm too scared to tape myself and listen, I think it would break my heart LOL

As for singing, I can't carry a tune! Actually, i can stay in tune quite well, but I have terrible terrible tone. Sometimes I pretend I can sing (in the car, with the stereo on), but IRL I could kill a small animal with the sound of my voice...