Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

It’s absolutely stunning, RBH, and don’t we love our rescued scarves. I’m trying to rescue my CdC which, despite MANY washings, stubbornly will not be free of the terrible perfume odor that satched it by its previous owner. Not sure what my next move is but it is indeed in quarantine. I won’t let it near by other scarves.
I once had this issue with moth repellent and after washing didn’t remove the odor I rolled the scarf in baking soda covered paper towels, then hung it outside for a few nights. It worked.

• Love
Reactions: Karenska
Beautiful @Agrume-- my favorite cw of this (although I am your happy -- and grateful-- sister!).

So pretty in blue and perfect with your coat, Agrume!

Fabulous on site! Love your CW of GTN too!

A beautiful paring Agrume!

Oh- I love this borderless Fleurs!!! Perfect colors for you.

Yesterday we got one last gasp of cool weather and I wore my Rooster Scarf again, Cocoricooooo!. If you recall the colorway choice drama in the seasonal thread this is a scarf I bought to remind me of "the old days" of Argentine Tango dancing and in particular my favorite subset of it - Milonga. Of course, there is a milonga called Cacareando which is about hens and roosters (not the birds...) and feature roosters crowing through the song. :lol:

View attachment 5988789

This isn't my favorite video of the song. He is either just a better dancer or she is having a bad day and refuses to collect her feet several times ??? so it's not a "match" (sorry- 15 years of tango does that to me....) but the lyrics are in the description.

Thank you, dear LKBNOLA, Croisette and Bunnycat! :flowers:
@LKBNOLA, “your” cw is also lovely and much more vibrant than this one. But we both love blues…

@bunnycat, if you show your Cocoricooooo once more, I need to buy it… a bit of a conundrum, being on ban island.

Less a "melodic" Monday for me than a "manic" one (apologies in advance for the ear worm if you remember The Bangles and 80s pop rock)! @Croisette7 inspired me to pull Fleurs de l'Opera, perfect for this week's theme. I actually had wanted to post it during our floral week but I ran out of necks and time...
View attachment 5988653
SOTD is L'Epopee d'Hermès, as it is still very much CSGM weather. I searched this very busy shawl for a musical reference but didn't find one, but it's energy does remind me a little of a Keystone Cops soundtrack...I guess it is "just another manic Monday" after all!
View attachment 5988654

Ugh but this Fleurs de l’Opera is pretty. I’m a sucker for vivid blue and pink together, although I don’t think I have many scarves in that combo yet. I was just looking at a Tout en Quilte in that sort of cw.

I'm echoing my scarf sister @HermesEchidna today with Le Carnaval des Animaux. I did manage to get the music to show as well as a few skeletons.

View attachment 5988673

I'm sharing some fauna from yesterday's walk. I've seen this pair of trumpeter swans on my walks before. Fingers crossed that they have taken up residence on our local lake.

View attachment 5988674

Yay twin! Beautiful.

Grand Theater Nouveau - a grand theater… well… how about The Opera Bastille in Paris,

View attachment 5988691

where I saw L’Heure Espagnole and most especially Gianni Schicchi and heard O Mia Babbino Caro.
(English translation)
View attachment 5988692
View attachment 5988693

Love this - this the cw of GTN 90 that I keep coming back to. That and the pale pink one… definitely an analysis paralysis sort of situation.

Thank you, dear LKBNOLA, Croisette and Bunnycat! :flowers:
@LKBNOLA, “your” cw is also lovely and much more vibrant than this one. But we both love blues…

@bunnycat, if you show your Cocoricooooo once more, I need to buy it… a bit of a conundrum, being on ban island.
Errr-ah-errr-errrrrrr! You need one. :lol:

Thank you @bunnycat for leading us in a fun bingo week. I’m sorry I missed most of it, but it was fun to catch up on the entries when I could. Some amazing collections shared last week!

Off topic, but SOYD was a bandana. Still cold here, and a little silk is perfect under a wool sweater.
View attachment 5988844
Wishing everyone an excellent week ahead.

This looks so snuggly under the sweater.

So much to unpack in this wonderful catch-up post @CedarWaxWing -- I think I broke your same rules and imposed some similar ones on myself! Can't wait to see you back woth your beautiful mod shots!

And for me as well @Maedi :hugs:

Always so clever with your connection @HermesEchidna-- that green Carnaval des Animaux is marvelous on you!

Love this cw of Gene Kelly @Jereni!

Safe travels and how lovely your new bandana looks with your top and beautiful pendant @Karenska.

There used to be swing dancing in the Lincoln Center Plaza that was so much fun to watch and even participate in @Sickgrl13 -- how fun that you used to dress the part. In New Orleans we like to see the swing bands, singers and performances that are a regular feature at the WWII Museum. I may need to get this scarf!

Wow! Beautiful photos both-- I have this scarf on account of your mod shots @Redbirdhermes but right now, my niece is traveling in Paris and asked to borrow it so the animals will come home speaking French...

I love the colors of your Bottes @Croisette7-- here is the flat photo of Fleurs from Carre de Paris' website. As you see, no border! But the colors are very delightful and easy to pair. I have worn it to see several of the operas whose flowers are featured!
View attachment 5988721

Thank you so much @Cookiefiend! That has been a most scarf-useful cardigan-- probably should have bought a back-up :giggle:
Twins on this beautiful GTN, and a great one to pull for this week. You are making me feel sniffle-y too as O Mio Babbino Caro was the first piece my daughter recorded for her music camp audition so many years ago...
Thank you, Lkb, and I am absolutely smitten with your cw of Fleurs de L’Opera.

Gooood morning!!!

Yesterday decided to be considerably more manic than melodic (Thanks for the appropriate earworm @LKBNOLA)

So today I considered the more somber, though hopefull, approach of Leonard Cohen

Like a bird on the wire
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free
Like a worm on a hook
Like a knight from some old fashioned book
I have saved all my ribbons for thee

With Les oiseaux des champ et de foret.
IMG_8266.jpeg

But after testing my options - the frantic ten scarf minutes each morning - I opted for optimistic with some Spice - either the sugar and Spice of I Feel Good or the energy of Spice Girls - nevertheless my sotd is Au pays des espices
IMG_8267.jpeg
Wish you all a spicy Thuesday!

My SOTD is Hermès Electrique gavroche. I love fairgrounds and think this design is simply marvellous. There was a Garden Party with this design on the UK website recently but having never tried out a GP I didn't pull the trigger... regrets!

1000020150.jpg

Teamed with the electric blue Mykonos of my new Roulis Double Tour bracelet and the Mini Trio Twilly ring. Yes, I do mix my metals.

1000020144.jpg

And my associated song is Perfect by Fairground Attraction - one of my go-tos for karaoke nights.

Last edited:
My SOTD is Hermès Electrique gavroche. I love fairgrounds and think this design is simply marvellous. There was a Garden Party with this design on the UK website recently but having never tried out a GP I didn't pull the trigger... regrets!

View attachment 5989015

Teamed with the electric blue Mykonos of my new Roulis Double Tour bracelet and the Mini Trio Twilly ring. Yes, I do mix my metals.

View attachment 5989016

And my associated song is Perfect by Fairground Attraction - one of my go-tos for karaoke nights.

Love the Hermès electrique print! It sort of reminds me of retro signs with those old fashion light bulbs!

Yesterday we got one last gasp of cool weather and I wore my Rooster Scarf again, Cocoricooooo!. If you recall the colorway choice drama in the seasonal thread this is a scarf I bought to remind me of "the old days" of Argentine Tango dancing and in particular my favorite subset of it - Milonga. Of course, there is a milonga called Cacareando which is about hens and roosters (not the birds...) and feature roosters crowing through the song. :lol:

View attachment 5988789

This isn't my favorite video of the song. He is either just a better dancer or she is having a bad day and refuses to collect her feet several times ??? so it's not a "match" (sorry- 15 years of tango does that to me....) but the lyrics are in the description.

Thank you for the video! This is a funny coincidence since I participated in a milonga workshop yesterday night!
Your scarf made me search for the lyrics, so now I know what the song is about. :smile:

Last edited:
Thank you @bunnycat for leading us in a fun bingo week. I’m sorry I missed most of it, but it was fun to catch up on the entries when I could. Some amazing collections shared last week!

Off topic, but SOYD was a bandana. Still cold here, and a little silk is perfect under a wool sweater.
View attachment 5988844
Wishing everyone an excellent week ahead.
So pretty ... love your sweater too!

• Thanks
Reactions: Lellabelle