DES in Korea 2024 - AB, Wink, Marble, Thank You, Yellow, etc...

I got incisional DES last year with Dr. Kim at Thank You and had a great experience overall! He was meticulous, patient, and provided thoughtful feedback on different crease styles. He showed me 2-3 variations of each crease and I chose semi-out line for my deep-set hooded eyes.

I also consulted with Pop, 1mm, and Wink. All of them were great, but ultimately it came down to price and DES style (natural vs. dolly). If you are looking for a more natural result (in line or in-out line), I would go with Wink. Thank You and 1mm can do both natural and dolly, while Pop leans more dolly.

I would also caution people about Wink, Dr. Choi is great with natural style but if your aesthetic does not align with his, DO NOT go there. During my consultation, he told me that a semi-out or out line would not be possible to do (even though other surgeons told me that it was possible) and he ended up recommending in-out line. That wasn't surprising to me since that's the style that he specializes in. He also recommended epicanthoplasty, but I knew this was the wrong recommendation. My lacrimal caruncles (the inner red corner of the eye) are pretty exposed, so epicanthoplasty would make my eyes look WAY too close together and other surgeons also didn't recommend it.

My suggestion is to consult with at least 3-4 clinics and see which one is the right fit for you. Go with your gut feeling :amuse:

Hi, my trip confirmed 27th to 9th July. Can you message me why u pick wink? Also any recommendation for hotels?
Ahh i’ll leave when you come! Wanted someone that I could eat with haha. I picked wink since i like the natural style and the review from ahnest kitchen was also really good. The price was really fair as well. I don’t want a dramatic change so I think dr. Choi’s style suits me best. A lot of people stay in Gangnam, but I will stay in Myeongdong. I stayed there the last time and enjoyed it. A lot of things to do, especially when you’re travelling alone. If I were to do other surgery that was a bit more invasive I would have stayed in Gangnam!

Reactions: Patchmonster
Ahh i’ll leave when you come! Wanted someone that I could eat with haha. I picked wink since i like the natural style and the review from ahnest kitchen was also really good. The price was really fair as well. I don’t want a dramatic change so I think dr. Choi’s style suits me best. A lot of people stay in Gangnam, but I will stay in Myeongdong. I stayed there the last time and enjoyed it. A lot of things to do, especially when you’re travelling alone. If I were to do other surgery that was a bit more invasive I would have stayed in Gangnam!
Looking for non inclusional DES but planning to see if I can get some skin care in. It would have been great to have company, my last trip to seoul was 10 years ago😅 I am thinking of Myeongdong but if I need to get a few consultations, it might be hard or takes too long to travel to gangnam by subway? Did u get any online consultation with wink before booking for surgery? Hope all goes well and have a safe trip. I am totally clueless where to start and if my trip is too short.

Looking for non inclusional DES but planning to see if I can get some skin care in. It would have been great to have company, my last trip to seoul was 10 years ago😅 I am thinking of Myeongdong but if I need to get a few consultations, it might be hard or takes too long to travel to gangnam by subway? Did u get any online consultation with wink before booking for surgery? Hope all goes well and have a safe trip. I am totally clueless where to start and if my trip is too short.
Yeah if you need to do a lot of consultation it would be better to stay in Gangnam. Yes I did an online consultation ☺️ good luck!! The time should be okay I think! Especially with nok incisional, you won’t need as much time to recover as with incisional

hi all! i'm going to korea the end of may and getting my eyes fixed. my eyes are super hooded and fatty, so when i noticed forehead wrinkles from lifting my eyebrows to compensate for it, i knew it was time. 💀

so far i've booked consultations at the following 3 clinics, and am considering a few others. would love to know opinions or experiences! especially if you're getting incisional DES.

booked:
- AB Plastic Surgery with Dr. Park
- Wink with Dr. Choi
- Marble with Dr. Suh

other clinics i'm considering:
- Thank you
- TS
- Yellow
- Zestar
- JT
- Yuno

please feel free to add me on KKT to chat too :smile: @michellethelam
I had non-incisional DES at Thank You with Dr. Kim in Feb and would recommend them!

I got incisional DES last year with Dr. Kim at Thank You and had a great experience overall! He was meticulous, patient, and provided thoughtful feedback on different crease styles. He showed me 2-3 variations of each crease and I chose semi-out line for my deep-set hooded eyes.

I also consulted with Pop, 1mm, and Wink. All of them were great, but ultimately it came down to price and DES style (natural vs. dolly). If you are looking for a more natural result (in line or in-out line), I would go with Wink. Thank You and 1mm can do both natural and dolly, while Pop leans more dolly.

I would also caution people about Wink, Dr. Choi is great with natural style but if your aesthetic does not align with his, DO NOT go there. During my consultation, he told me that a semi-out or out line would not be possible to do (even though other surgeons told me that it was possible) and he ended up recommending in-out line. That wasn't surprising to me since that's the style that he specializes in. He also recommended epicanthoplasty, but I knew this was the wrong recommendation. My lacrimal caruncles (the inner red corner of the eye) are pretty exposed, so epicanthoplasty would make my eyes look WAY too close together and other surgeons also didn't recommend it.

My suggestion is to consult with at least 3-4 clinics and see which one is the right fit for you. Go with your gut feeling :amuse:

Yeah if you need to do a lot of consultation it would be better to stay in Gangnam. Yes I did an online consultation ☺️ good luck!! The time should be okay I think! Especially with nok incisional, you won’t need as much time to recover as with incisional
Thank you and please keep me posted how it goes. Thanks

Hi @seachelles! I also narrowed it down to Marble with Dr. Suh and Thank You with Dr. Kim after reading everyone's reviews on here. My surgery was a few months ago in January so I hope my experience will help with your planning!

I did my consultation at Thank You first and was impressed by how thorough it was. Dr. Kim used an eyelid tool to map out how the in-out line & semi-out line would look on me, and for each fold type, he showed me 2-3 crease heights for me to choose from. It was a lot to take in so I asked many questions to help me weigh the tradeoffs. The whole process felt collaborative because he wanted me to define what was natural to me; he never pushed his ideals onto me. I felt confident leaving the consultation because I knew we were on the same page and he would deliver the results I wanted.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my consultation experience at Marble. Dr. Suh used a toothpick to map creases on my eyes but he couldn't show them to me. He said my eyelids weren't holding onto the drawn creases, but he reassured me that he would give me the results I wanted based on the reference photos I shared on WhatsApp. He rushed out of the room shortly afterward when he received a call. Overall the consultation was under 10 min compared to my 30-minute consultation at Thank You.

I ended up going with Thank You because I wasn't confident Dr. Suh could deliver the results that I wanted.
How was your consultation with Wink? I am also consider Wink and Thank You. But Thank you quoted me 10k. It was too much on top of air and hotels.

Hi @seachelles! I also narrowed it down to Marble with Dr. Suh and Thank You with Dr. Kim after reading everyone's reviews on here. My surgery was a few months ago in January so I hope my experience will help with your planning!

I did my consultation at Thank You first and was impressed by how thorough it was. Dr. Kim used an eyelid tool to map out how the in-out line & semi-out line would look on me, and for each fold type, he showed me 2-3 crease heights for me to choose from. It was a lot to take in so I asked many questions to help me weigh the tradeoffs. The whole process felt collaborative because he wanted me to define what was natural to me; he never pushed his ideals onto me. I felt confident leaving the consultation because I knew we were on the same page and he would deliver the results I wanted.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my consultation experience at Marble. Dr. Suh used a toothpick to map creases on my eyes but he couldn't show them to me. He said my eyelids weren't holding onto the drawn creases, but he reassured me that he would give me the results I wanted based on the reference photos I shared on WhatsApp. He rushed out of the room shortly afterward when he received a call. Overall the consultation was under 10 min compared to my 30-minute consultation at Thank You.

I ended up going with Thank You because I wasn't confident Dr. Suh could deliver the results that I wanted.