Show us your Longchamp!

My Longchamps are old and I have collected them over many years. I have used up and thrown away a few over the years also. They are stylish & so versatile. I don’t have any of the newer styles with the thicker guitar straps. Although I do like most of the newer styels, I can’t justify getting another Longchamp. 🙃

Attachments

• IMG_2257.jpeg
    IMG_2257.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 69
Thanks again to @frenziedhandbag for the mini review of this bag. I decided to take the plunge and get it - life is too short to not buy the bag, and it would have been for ever in my mind as 'the one that got away' :amuse: As expected from frenzied's review, it would have been an even better bag with 1cm more depth. But on the positive side, it forces me to stop carrying things that I don't actually need :lol:

Unfortunately, the strap is too long. Vertically challenged people problems as usual. It's slightly too long when I wear it crossbody, and WAY too long when worn over the shoulder. Going to see my cobbler during the week; she'll probably be able to add a buckle to make it adjustable like the standard model Foulonné crossbody strap.

IMG_9880.jpeg

I decided to take the plunge and get it
Hooray! So elated that you got it in the end. This is really a gorgeous colour pairing. If I am not in the tropics, I will get it too. You are right that a smaller bag forces us to just bring the necessary. I'm now kinda used to carrying another shoulder tote for the umbrella/water bottle/jacket. It helps to distribute the weight too and offers easy access. Enjoy your new bag in good health. It's true we will always be thinking of it if it got away so best to add it to your collection whilst you still can.

• Thanks
Reactions: seidokat
This is really a gorgeous colour pairing. If I am not in the tropics, I will get it too.
Thank you (for enabling) :biggrin: your shoulder tote tip is spot on, I should probably do the same.

The suede panel IRL is a lovely, rich mahogany that changes between brown and deep red depending on the lighting. It's such a lovely contrast with the kelly green and white of the woven top handle. I do understand the bit about not having suede in the tropics as I grew up there. Mould and mildew seem to grow overnight in places where you didn't think it was possible, and the forecast is always the same: rain and sun and rain and sun, haha. Not a great environment for suede.

• Love
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Thanks again to @frenziedhandbag for the mini review of this bag. I decided to take the plunge and get it - life is too short to not buy the bag, and it would have been for ever in my mind as 'the one that got away' :amuse: As expected from frenzied's review, it would have been an even better bag with 1cm more depth. But on the positive side, it forces me to stop carrying things that I don't actually need :lol:

Unfortunately, the strap is too long. Vertically challenged people problems as usual. It's slightly too long when I wear it crossbody, and WAY too long when worn over the shoulder. Going to see my cobbler during the week; she'll probably be able to add a buckle to make it adjustable like the standard model Foulonné crossbody strap.

View attachment 5952723
What a gorgeous and unique looking bag!

The suede panel IRL is a lovely, rich mahogany that changes between brown and deep red depending on the lighting. It's such a lovely contrast with the kelly green and white of the woven top handle.
This beauty was available in my country and I was admiring it. Suede had that wonderful feel to it and I love the fact that when you caress it, the suede alternates from dark to light (colour changing like how you described it). I particularly enjoy the colour contrast too. The Kelly Green is bold but not too much that it becomes distasteful.

Oh yes, tell me about it. Mold really turned up in the least likely of places on one of my most frequently pieces and I was bewildered how it even got there. The cabinet I stored this piece was opened daily to access other items and I will have deemed it to be well ventilated. Oh well..... I'll admire your gorgeous beauty instead.

Hope this is a good place to post this, otherwise please let me know if I should use a different thread - I am debating whether to keep my black Box-trot Medium or not. I bought it last year and it was the dream bag I really wanted for some time. The purchase was even "sweeter" given that I have bought it preloved from a reputable seller, in pristine condition and complete packaging, for a great price. However, within a year I own this bag, I have worn it only once. I still love the style but found that the bag is quite big for my small frame (150 cm or 4"9' - hope I got the conversion right) for both crossbody or shoulder set up. The straps are also too long - the shoulder one cannot even be adjusted to fit me how I'd like to. I was thinking about selling it but couldn't bring myself to it yet - I always think that when it was my dream bag for several years I should not be giving it up so quickly, I still love how it looks (not on me though :/), how beautiful is the craftsmanship, and it was such a good deal. However, I don't reach for this bag, opting for my Ateliers Auguste Mini Monceau instead.

What would you do in this situation? Would you keep it or sell it?985f296e429857e41338d76114588ff8-10175hau001-0.png

What would you do in this situation? Would you keep it or sell it?
I am sorry that the bag is not working for you. I had many of such experiences in my bag journey. Love the style but after acquiring it, it just does not work for me. The bag will sit in the closet, unused and I feel bad about holding onto it as somehow I feel a bag is to be used and the fact that I'm holding onto it and yet not using it makes me feel bad about it. For me, I will choose to sell it.

All said, I do understand sentimental reasons for retaining the bag, especially when it is a bag that you really wanted for some time. Just wondering if you were to shorten the strap, will it still work for you? Or it will still look too big for your frame? Shortening the strap might be an alternative for you to try using the bag but of course might also impact resale opportunities as the strap is now shorter.

• Insightful
I still love the style but found that the bag is quite big for my small frame (150 cm or 4"9' - hope I got the conversion right) for both crossbody or shoulder set up. The straps are also too long - the shoulder one cannot even be adjusted to fit me how I'd like to.
Hiya, I'm not sure where you're located, but altering the strap is not difficult on this bag from what I can see. You'd need to find somebody to add extra holes and perhaps cut a bit off of the end so that you don't have a tail flapping around back there :P Cobblers in my area wouldn't charge more than around 30 euros for that.

I've never tried on this style in real life, but from what I can see of the dimensions (24.5cm x 17cm), it wouldn't be too large to wear as a shoulder bag for a small framed person. I'm a bit taller than you at 157cm, but very slightly built, and I've several bags in this size range that don't look outlandishly big. Maybe you need some time to get used to the size if you're accustomed to carrying smaller bags?
Shortening the strap might be an alternative for you to try using the bag but of course might also impact resale opportunities as the strap is now shorter.
I sold a Neo with an altered strap a while ago at the same price that equivalent Neos with 'stock' straps sell for in my country. The person who bought it was thrilled, she was more or less the same height as @ziagouel and happy to not have to go to the cobbler herself. If it's professionally done, it does limit your clientele to people who are the same size as you, but doesn't impact resale value too much :smile:

Last edited: