I Am Very Patriotic, But LV Made in USA?

Jul 16, 2007
Hi friends,

Not sure if this has been covered. But what are thoughts on "Made In U.S.A." LV?

My SA told me they use their USA plant(s) to keep up with items in high demand. e.g., new Neverfull.

It's strange to buy luxury French leathergoods and find they are made in U.S.A. (It beats Coach goods that are no longer made in the U.S.A., which is there heritage and now we find them coming from China.)

Any issues with USA-made LV?

I buy American as much as it is practical to do so, but I like my French wines from France and my Louis from France, except for select Suhali pieces being made in leather-rich Spain.

I like the fact that LV chose to open a factory in the US rather than going to China. As a patriotic American, I wish more goods were made in the US. As long as the bag is real and the craftsmanship is good, I have no problem at all!

I am going to go against the norm here and say that yes, if given a choice, I would rather my bag made in france/spain than the US. I think its the novelty of it being made in another country for me. Of course, if all the bags available were Made in USA, it wouldnt stop me from buying LV!

I like the fact that LV chose to open a factory in the US rather than going to China. As a patriotic American, I wish more goods were made in the US. As long as the bag is real and the craftsmanship is good, I have no problem at all!

I agree! Unfortunately, "Made in China" is a red flag for alot of manufactured goods. It's also disappointing that Coach decided to manufacture their products in China intead of the US anymore. I guess this happened a few years ago....