I Am Very Patriotic, But LV Made in USA?

1. Hi friends,

Not sure if this has been covered. But what are thoughts on "Made In U.S.A." LV?

My SA told me they use their USA plant(s) to keep up with items in high demand. e.g., new Neverfull.

It's strange to buy luxury French leathergoods and find they are made in U.S.A. (It beats Coach goods that are no longer made in the U.S.A., which is there heritage and now we find them coming from China.)

Any issues with USA-made LV?

I buy American as much as it is practical to do so, but I like my French wines from France and my Louis from France, except for select Suhali pieces being made in leather-rich Spain.

2. Not an issue for me. It doesn't matter where the bags are made as long as they are real!

3. Yup, same here.

The quality/craftsmanship is still the same from what I have seen.

4. there are TONNNNNNNs of threads on this, if you want opinions !!!!

5. It doesn't bother me one bit. As long as they are "real" and well made I am cool with it!

6. I like the fact that LV chose to open a factory in the US rather than going to China. As a patriotic American, I wish more goods were made in the US. As long as the bag is real and the craftsmanship is good, I have no problem at all!

7. Yup, lots of threads on this already! You can do a search and should have no problem finding lots of others' opinions ;)

8. I dont really care.

9. I am going to go against the norm here and say that yes, if given a choice, I would rather my bag made in france/spain than the US. I think its the novelty of it being made in another country for me. Of course, if all the bags available were Made in USA, it wouldnt stop me from buying LV!

10. I agree! Unfortunately, "Made in China" is a red flag for alot of manufactured goods. It's also disappointing that Coach decided to manufacture their products in China intead of the US anymore. I guess this happened a few years ago....

11. wait a sec....

all LV bags have the label that reads:

"made in france"
    or

"made in spain"

what up wit dat?

12. Not all, there's "made in U.S.A.", "made in Italy" as well.

13. Well, smack me silly cause I didn't know that.

so if NONE of my LVs have a made in usa or italy, then it's made in France or Spain?

14. I have two bags that are made in the U.S.
    I am waiting for "Made In Canada" ...lol
    Not that it would get us the bags any cheaper. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

15. If you look on the heat stamp, it should tell you where it's made.."Louis Vuitton paris made in ______."