Just found out what DH REALLY thinks of my bbags...

OH! What a perfect thread, my BF and I went to BalNY last weekend....he hates the new hardware. Said it looked gaudy and not my style at all. Loved this black canvas city with black leather trim with shiny silver hardware (I loved it too...) His favorite style though for balenciaga is the courier. He also loved the red compagnon I **almost** bought....I always trust my his taste in bags and things....he knows my style better than everyone and isn't vulnerable to the "hype" like I sometimes am.

Reading this interesting thread makes me so sad-- is my SO the only one who absolutely DOES NOT like bbags? :crybaby::sad: He thinks they're not worth that much and doesn't get why I keep on buying "the same square thing but in different colors"!!!!! He just does not appreciate them at all! When I forced him to say at least one thing nice about bbags, all he said was "i guess it looks good on you" :shrugs::confused1:

AH...

i need lessons from you guys in brainwashing him!!!! ;)

Reading this interesting thread makes me so sad-- is my SO the only one who absolutely DOES NOT like bbags? :crybaby::sad: He thinks they're not worth that much and doesn't get why I keep on buying "the same square thing but in different colors"!!!!! He just does not appreciate them at all! When I forced him to say at least one thing nice about bbags, all he said was "i guess it looks good on you" :shrugs::confused1:

AH...

Oh azianprideangel it took mine a while to warm up to them but the only one he really likes is the RV city actually he thinks I should keep her and he really likes French blue as a color...
But he certainly would not say they are worth the money!!!

BalenciagaPlaneT that's great I would love for my dh to have a bit more of a fashion sens but he has other quality's...!

AH...

I'm not in a relationship right now, but my SO stand in doesn't understand either. In fact, he refuses to talk to me about my bags because he doesn't want to encourage me! Last week he saw me with my Olive Day and Ink Clutch, both for the first time, and he didn't saw a word. And he's very visual, and I know he noticed them (I carried them in such a way that he had to!). But he thinks they're all the same.:confused1:

catcat and highglossfinish:
aww thanks guys :smile:. i feel a bit better now..

The battle in convincing SO to see the true beauty and worth of bbags will not go undefeated!! ill try every way possible to make him appreciate them! :nuts::graucho:..lol i sound like a dictator!!!

I am so with you on this one! My DH absolutely hates them, and the tassles, and he cannot justify spending over 1G on them. Beleive me, I've tried to brianwash him and it doesn't work! He just don't understand. and probably never will. We've actually gotten into arguments because I try to explain why it is worth it. But, thats OK, he knows my fetish with handbags and shoes. And, lets me spend my money however I want. :smile:

AH...

AH...

You are not the only one - my DH does not like them either although he tolerates my Balenciaga fetish. :rolleyes:

I always involve him when I decide to get another bag - I show him pics of the style and color and he gives me his opinion. He knows that his opinion is important to me and that I take buying bags very seriously. So in that sense, he is cooperating with my bag purchases. :P

He absolutely detests the tassels but thinks the leather is very nice. If he had his way, he would like to see me carrying my LVs all the time, but a girl has to have variety, KWIM?

When I tried on a Black Day in Holt's, he actually thought it looked good - even with it being black and a Balenciaga (both of which do not go together in his opinion). :lol:

I saw Kathy K's thread about unnapreciative kids, and I have to share this sad bbag story about unnapreciative SO's... what's a girl to do??:sad:

I tend be somewhat secretive about my bag habits, mostly because DH would not appreciate their value (i.e. cost). Usually, he doesn't bat an eyelash. But on Friday, we were getting ready to go out, and I busted out my beloved ink first, and he rolled his eyes and said, "oh no, not the white trash purse again"!!! HELLO??? :wtf: First of all, I try to teach him to be a little more politically correct than to say "white trash", so I dig a little deeper, and learn that he thinks the "white trash" part about it is the tassels, and that he has hated this bag since I first carried it. Oh yeah, and he thinks my griege box looks like "an old lady train case". Luckily, I caught myself mere milliseconds before screaming out "do you know how much I paid for this bag?!?!?", which would have unduly incriminated myself... then I considered telling him that his beloved and ridiculously expensive surround sound system sounds like rocks in a tin can... but I decided to be civil. Instead, I told him to shut it, and proceeded to carry it anyway, and we proceeded to have a perfectly enjoyable evening with no further comments.

So, I love my DH exceedingly, and he really is not normally so annoying, but I have to admit I'm a little bummed. I thought I had him trained better...:sad: And the fact is, he has pretty good fashion sense, even before we met. Are any of you living with the sad reality of an un-bbag-appreciative SO??

^^Yup, I've given up hope. He does NOT need to know how much I spend on these but I think he's catching on. Once, I was in his car (not so clean) and I got some sticky stuff on the bottom of my black city, I didn't freak out, I just got it off and went on. Then he says oh I bet the value of your bag just plummeted by a thousand right? WHAT? What would make him say that???

Anyways, he knows I'm always on tPF and I'll show him bags and ask for color advice. Hopeless. He HATED marigold and LOVED violet so I guess I know what I'm getting...he's also not so into my tomato First but oh well, his problem not mine :smile:

LOL, hey he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to carry it!! :graucho: hee hee

My ex-hubby came over to drop off our dog for the weekend and saw my BNWT 05 black city that I was IN LOVE with and said, "what's up with the Garbage bag?!?" :wtf:

I'm happy to report that my new DH *loves* my bags!! :heart:

I am so sorry your DH dissed your bags this way...we all love our DHs but they just don't understand our love of bags. My BF will only put up with so much before saying "they all look alike". However, he will take a a hit for my bag out in public if need be, but it still annoys him and "why can't you carry a normal bag". Whatever that means!!!