Just found out what DH REALLY thinks of my bbags...

Oh yeah, and he thinks my griege box looks like "an old lady train case".

^^ LOL, sorry girl, but i had to laugh at that one!!! :roflmfao:...my DH only likes my black b-bags (which could have something to do with the fact i've got so many, that way he approves & can't tell them apart either :P)...he told me he thought my emerald purse looked like "an old lady bag" too...i sold that one, but missed it so much, that i bought it again (IN BLACK!!! :nuts:)...and guess what, he hasn't said one word about it!!!...he also liked my griege mini-bowler, but i sold that due to fear of dirty handles :Push:...he's really sweet about my addiction & tolerates the others, but likes my black '06 first & black '04 city the best :girlsigh:

i think my hubby has an idea of what they might cost- but you know the theory don't ask- don't tell. besides he spends $$ on his record collection so he can't complain:graucho:

LOL, I hate to hear of these kinds of stories, they make me sad, but the way your told your story was so entertaining to read! I'm sorry!!!
My FI was like this in the beginning, but he kind of realizes now that I really love my Bbags and he's now encouraging my habit. He just bought me a Sienna Brief yesterdayand instead of saying it looked weird, he said it looked "vintage!" Maybe your DH will come around?

When I fist got my Aquamarine city a couple of months ago I put the black Kooba I had been using to 'rest' In order to not start big drama over how much I paid for the bag I told my boyfriend that I traded with someone from tPF, his response:

It looks like you got the short end of the deal! :wtf:

When I fist got my Aquamarine city a couple of months ago I put the black Kooba I had been using to 'rest' In order to not start big drama over how much I paid for the bag I told my boyfriend that I traded with someone from tPF, his response:

It looks like you got the short end of the deal!
:wtf:

^^ LMAO!!! :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

p.s. i guess it's a good thing we're not buying
them to impress the male species :P

LOL, hey he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to carry it!! :graucho: hee hee

My ex-hubby came over to drop off our dog for the weekend and saw my BNWT 05 black city that I was IN LOVE with and said, "what's up with the Garbage bag?!?" :wtf:

I'm happy to report that my new DH *loves* my bags!! :heart:

Was that why you got a new husband? LOL j/k :lol:

Thanks for all your support guys...:smile: I knew I could count on you! I was trying to think of a way to get him to respect the bbags without revealing my spending habit. I just told him that if anyone saw me carrying it and knew what it was, they would not agree with his opinion. Boys are hogs. (except our faithful tPF bbag boys, of course:smile:

I guess I have my DH trained too well. I was looking for an honest opinion on something I just bought and I could only get "It looks nice" out of him... he hesitated with the nice part and said it with a face. I told him it reminded me of an episode of Married with Children when Al was trying to find a word that his wife Peg wouldn't get mad at so he chose "nice" (he hated it).

^^ LOL, sorry girl, but i had to laugh at that one!!! :roflmfao:...my DH only likes my black b-bags (which could have something to do with the fact i've got so many, that way he approves & can't tell them apart either :P)...he told me he thought my emerald purse looked like "an old lady bag" too...i sold that one, but missed it so much, that i bought it again (IN BLACK!!! :nuts:)...and guess what, he hasn't said one word about it!!!...he also liked my griege mini-bowler, but i sold that due to fear of dirty handles :Push:...he's really sweet about my addiction & tolerates the others, but likes my black '06 first & black '04 city the best :girlsigh:

I am so like you- I have so many black bags, it's totally unnecessary! That's why I am loving bbags, because I can find fun colors. I just bought an emerald first, and I haven't carried it yet. Now I just know he'll compare it to a lawn ornament or something. Can't wait :shrugs:

Exactly. We all know we're doing it for ourselves/other women. It's for those rare moments when a stylish woman actually recognizes what you're carrying and shoots you a look of jealousy.

I just discussed this with my old man. (My Day is, of course, sitting on his pillow at the moment). It is clear that the more disparaging the remark about the bag the more jealous the bloke is of it.

By the way, I cannot believe that any of you are buying bags to please the guys. They like to think that we shop and dress to please them. I have only ever done anything to impress other lasses.