Isn't there usually an RM sample sale in November?

Yup, it's next Monday the 17th running through the 22nd. I haven't seen anything yet about early access via Gilt City voucher or a VIP preview. :sad:

Monday, November 17th through Saturday, November 22nd.

Mon 11am—9pm,
Tue—Fri 10am—8pm,
Sat 10am—5pm.

260 Sample Sale, 260 Fifth Ave between 28th and 29th Sts (212-725-5400).

Cool, thanks for the information. Do you know if there will be one in Los Angeles too?
I have no idea - I would not have known about NY except it was mentioned on Racked NY, and Racked L.A. has really old listings when you scan their sale deal section. I've been on her mailing list since forever and didn't get a notification, and I usually do. I see RM have relaunched their website and I don't see the Minkette site anymore where they sometimes used to post sale info - maybe they purged their e-mail list of inactives when they did the switchover?

Los Angeles: November 17 – 23
4661 Hollywood Boulevard
Monday 11/17 11AM – 9PM
Tuesday 11/18 – Friday 11/21 11AM – 8PM
Saturday 11/22 11AM – 7PM
Sunday 11/23 12PM – 6PM

i'm thinking about stopping at the ny sale tonight. working til about 8 nearby. but the last time i went it was not fun. so i'm not sure.

I'm planning on going to the NYC SS. Is anyone else going?
I went today! The bargain bins were AMAZING. Sadly I actually got there on the late side (around 3) and they were semi-picked over; I saw girls carrying yellow-tagged mini and full sized MACs in great neutrals in black and tan. Wish I'd gone earlier instead of hitting the Rack. Alas. Nevertheless, I found some great stuff!

Tan and blue Swing (I think? Not super familiar with RM styles) for a good friend of mine. These colors are perfect for her largely Anthropologie wardrobe. $50.

White and rose gold mini MAC, $50. Not sure what I'll do with this, probably a gift, though I may keep it because the colors are sooo pretty.

Skinny MACs for stocking stuffers, probably to my cousins. $20 each.

A gorgeous gold Affair and wallet for my brother's gf. $50 and $20.

PS - question for you RM lovers. What do you think of the skinny MAC? I have one and only used it once because it won't hold my kindle, so I'm worried that if I give them as gifts people won't want/like them. Do any of you use them as like cosmetic pouches or a bag within a bag?

Attachments

• 2014-11-17 18.28.58.jpg
    2014-11-17 18.28.58.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 358
  • 2014-11-17 18.29.19.jpg
    2014-11-17 18.29.19.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 2014-11-17 18.29.34.jpg
    2014-11-17 18.29.34.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 363
  • 2014-11-17 18.29.47.jpg
    2014-11-17 18.29.47.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 367
I went today! The bargain bins were AMAZING. Sadly I actually got there on the late side (around 3) and they were semi-picked over; I saw girls carrying yellow-tagged mini and full sized MACs in great neutrals in black and tan. Wish I'd gone earlier instead of hitting the Rack. Alas. Nevertheless, I found some great stuff!

Tan and blue Swing (I think? Not super familiar with RM styles) for a good friend of mine. These colors are perfect for her largely Anthropologie wardrobe. $50.

White and rose gold mini MAC, $50. Not sure what I'll do with this, probably a gift, though I may keep it because the colors are sooo pretty.

Skinny MACs for stocking stuffers, probably to my cousins. $20 each.

A gorgeous gold Affair and wallet for my brother's gf. $50 and $20.

PS - question for you RM lovers. What do you think of the skinny MAC? I have one and only used it once because it won't hold my kindle, so I'm worried that if I give them as gifts people won't want/like them. Do any of you use them as like cosmetic pouches or a bag within a bag?

wowww those are some amazing deals!! I love that white/rose gold mini MAC!!!! and omg only $50? lucky you!

I'm def gonna try to make it to the SS too this week. Keep the pics coming ladies!

I got there first thing in the morning and the sample bins were soooo good! It was worth braving the freezing rain. I'll post pics later :smile:
I LOVE seeing your hauls lol. can't wait. You always get the best stuff.

The sample bins were soo good but I had to leave so much behind since I blew my personal shopping budget (not to mentions stuffed my closet full) at the Jimmy Choo sale last week. Sigh.

I went at seven, there was nothing worth seeing. Huge waste of time if you couldn't go early (unless you want to pay a normal-to-high sale price for a small crossbody bag or tote - then they had tons, and in lots of beautiful colors).

Also they are restocking the samples. Several staff confirmed this. But the last person I asked also added that what's left for restocking samples is "all the same" as what's there now. Judging by what little was there - some weird hot pink metallics, neon stuff, and bad-bad damages - it's not promising.

Please do post if you find something though! Maybe I'll head back.

there is an online sample sale going on on the RM website. many mini MACs.

the Elle mini is marked down to 118$ :whistle:
regular size Cupid in Teal: 128$ !!
mini Cupid in White with rose gold hw: 88$ !!

OMG :panic:

Last edited: