Isn't there usually an RM sample sale in November?

i'm glad i didn't go last night then. i really want a bowery tote but i can't imagine it's going to be less than it is on their site- 165. if anyone sees one please let me know! thanks!

i'm wondering if it's worth it to head over there on sat just to check the sample bins.

glass key- i LOVE that swing!!! you're friend is going to love it too!

shopping gal- can't wait to see what you got!
FYI, I saw Bowery totes on the damaged table for both $50 and $100 (not with substantial damages, though, maybe a scratch or two). Plus markdowns reportedly begin tomorrow. Good luck!

Sample bin is now two tables with damaged goods either 20 50 or 100!

ETA: the "damaged" tables are not necessarily terribly damaged. Picked up a nikki with an almost invisible scratch for $50. I do hear there will be markdowns starting tomorrow, though, so that might be worth checking out as well.
Wow!! Nikki for $50???

thanks glasskey! i'm going to try and go sat am. hopefully they'll still have good stuff then.
FYI the markdowns began today! Everything was marked an additional $10-$50 off (depending on the original price, so sorry I forgot to take pictures). Saw a ton of the Bowery totes new, and a few damaged ones.

As previously posted, the prices for non-sample items have dropped. If sample prices drop, someone please post because there's some interesting stuff there but I don't think it's worth the $50/$100 price tags for the amount of obvious wear and number of repairs needed.

I wasn't going to go back again, but I live in the neighborhood and couldn't help myself. On Friday I picked up a pair of stunning suede moto boots in oxblood at Paul Andrew's sample sale, so when I saw the Luscious hobo in the same color for $50 I had to grab it. They also match my new $25 Derek Lam sunglasses perfectly.

The bag has a tiny scratch on the back you can barely see. Otherwise it is in flawless condition. I love the crossbody strap, I can't not have a long strap or I'll definitely lose my stuff on the subway.

Hope the others who wanted to go to the sale got to go!

Attachments

• 2014-11-24 18.11.31.jpg
    2014-11-24 18.11.31.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 221
I got that bag as a refurb in blue at the Rack a while back :smile: I love the boots! How was the Paul Andrew sale? I was looking at the shopping reports and things seemed a little pricey. Any great deals? How was their size selection?

I wasn't going to go back again, but I live in the neighborhood and couldn't help myself. On Friday I picked up a pair of stunning suede moto boots in oxblood at Paul Andrew's sample sale, so when I saw the Luscious hobo in the same color for $50 I had to grab it. They also match my new $25 Derek Lam sunglasses perfectly.

The bag has a tiny scratch on the back you can barely see. Otherwise it is in flawless condition. I love the crossbody strap, I can't not have a long strap or I'll definitely lose my stuff on the subway.

Hope the others who wanted to go to the sale got to go!

I got that bag as a refurb in blue at the Rack a while back :smile: I love the boots! How was the Paul Andrew sale? I was looking at the shopping reports and things seemed a little pricey. Any great deals? How was their size selection?

It was definitely pricey, nothing like the Tamara Mellon sale. $150 for most flats and pumps, $250 for boots and embellished shoes, and $350 for exotic skins. Some things were more of a deal than others (like snakeskin thigh high boots for $350 is actually a great deal) but it was still a lot of money.

The real problem was the limited sizes, they were almost all 37s. Since the brand runs narrow, the boots worked for me because I have wider feet and with boots I wear socks. Otherwise they had very limited stock.

I remember your TM haul so don't worry, you didn't miss out! TM was way better. I just bought the boots, since one cannot live in heels and TM didn't have those. They had some cool styles but I only pay $150-$300 for shoes I regularly wear, not heels I'd pull out only a couple of timed a year. Well, unless they are Loubs lol.

Thanks for the intel. I read they had lots of 37s which does not help my size 40 feet - plus their pricepoints were way more than the $50 at TM LOL. I'm glad I skipped it. I'm trying to only go to the crazy cheap sales these days.

It was definitely pricey, nothing like the Tamara Mellon sale. $150 for most flats and pumps, $250 for boots and embellished shoes, and $350 for exotic skins. Some things were more of a deal than others (like snakeskin thigh high boots for $350 is actually a great deal) but it was still a lot of money.

The real problem was the limited sizes, they were almost all 37s. Since the brand runs narrow, the boots worked for me because I have wider feet and with boots I wear socks. Otherwise they had very limited stock.

I remember your TM haul so don't worry, you didn't miss out! TM was way better. I just bought the boots, since one cannot live in heels and TM didn't have those. They had some cool styles but I only pay $150-$300 for shoes I regularly wear, not heels I'd pull out only a couple of timed a year. Well, unless they are Loubs lol.

As promised - these are my $50 & $20 samples :smile:

The $295 Love crossbody bag has the look of a Chanel boy - for a fraction of the price! Mine has a few dents in the leather but for $50 who cares?
10428590_10153376558673327_5003116489031408475_n.jpg

I've been lusting after the $495 large studded Affair for a while - also feels very Chanel. And again, got mine for $50! The chain was coming apart - nothing a little glue couldn't fix :smile:
10801622_10153376533253327_4805001222413515581_n.jpg

The Beau embossed snake clutch (NWT!) $50. I love the rosegold and the rocker chic vibe.
1800327_10153376669003327_6490335623374914126_n.jpg

My new $20 Honey clutch -
november%2B2%2B201411.jpg

As promised - these are my $50 & $20 samples :smile:

The $295 Love crossbody bag has the look of a Chanel boy - for a fraction of the price! Mine has a few dents in the leather but for $50 who cares?
10428590_10153376558673327_5003116489031408475_n.jpg

I've been lusting after the $495 large studded Affair for a while - also feels very Chanel. And again, got mine for $50! The chain was coming apart - nothing a little glue couldn't fix :smile:
10801622_10153376533253327_4805001222413515581_n.jpg

The Beau embossed snake clutch (NWT!) $50. I love the rosegold and the rocker chic vibe.
1800327_10153376669003327_6490335623374914126_n.jpg

My new $20 Honey clutch -
november%2B2%2B201411.jpg
An awesome haul as always, shoppinggal! I can't decide which I love most...the Love for being so Chanel-esque, the gorgeous color of the Beau, or the studs on the Affair. And that Honey is such a steal!

And yes, I get wanting to go to only the really awesome discounty sales. SADLY, I am going to be in Lincoln, Nebraska for a year starting next August (a job thing), so I'm letting myself go a bit...there won't be any sample sales in NE (ha), and I think the closest Nordstrom Rack is in Kansas City, 3.5 hours away (sob).

Fortunately, that will only be for a year and then I will be back in New York, living in a tiny studio and shopping all the time. :smile: