Show us your wedding dress

I'm getting married in two months & just did my first fitting yesterday

Still working on "all the things" like alterations, veil (that's one I tried on, not the one I'll wear), hair, makeup, etc but will post an update with everything looking gorgeous

View attachment 2563129

Monique Lhuillier "Dream" - perfect for our Hudson Valley, NY farm wedding!

I love the color & the subtle corset detailing to the bodice, looks gorgeous on you!

I'm getting married this December and I'm soooo excited to wear my dress :graucho: The sample was about 5 sizes too big so I can't wait to get mine and see it actually fitting properly. I ordered the Esme by Jenny Packham.

Attachments

• esme1.jpg
    esme1.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 979
Reactions: Vanana
So I saw this dress on the runway when it first debuted in 2010. I immediately told my friends that this was THE dress, except I didn't even have a boyfriend at the time. Who knew I would get to wear it 3 years later.

Amsale Bijou

Attachments

• 996810_10102449258308523_1924016229_n.jpg
    996810_10102449258308523_1924016229_n.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 958
  • 1234257_10102449262051023_1153287169_n.jpg
    1234257_10102449262051023_1153287169_n.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 954
Last edited:
Reactions: Vanana
Went to Kleinfeld's NYC and got the dress of my dreams, the Pnina Tornai corset gown for my wedding at Oheka Castle, Long Island NY 2011.
"I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife."
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396766725.601451.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1396766750.156863.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1396766970.045164.jpg

Thank you!!

At first I didn't want a second dress..but then I saw it and told myself I need to get it! Plus, my sister kept insisting, too.

I think you should!

I got it!!

This Lela Rose from Net-a-Porter:

Going-away dress.jpg

I did discuss this dress on the forum a while back and I got sort of mixed reviews: some people didn't think it really 'went' with my actual wedding dress:

192281_fr_l.jpg

But it stayed in my mind and I always think that's a good guide for what you really want, if you are still thinking about it months later! :biggrin:

It arrived today and it's even more beautiful than it looks in the pic, the lace work is just exquisite :girlsigh:

Went to Kleinfeld's NYC and got the dress of my dreams, the Pnina Tornai corset gown for my wedding at Oheka Castle, Long Island NY 2011.
"I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife."
View attachment 2569131View attachment 2569133View attachment 2569139

Wow!! DF and I sometimes watch say yes to the dress and we sometimes think those dresses come across a bit OTT but yours suits you to PERFECTION!!! You look absolutely gorgeous - I love the beading on the bodice of course but even the delicate fabric of the skirt - divine!!

I love the color & the subtle corset detailing to the bodice, looks gorgeous on you!

I'm getting married this December and I'm soooo excited to wear my dress :graucho: The sample was about 5 sizes too big so I can't wait to get mine and see it actually fitting properly. I ordered the Esme by Jenny Packham.

When do you get it??! I would have ants in my pants, I couldn't wait :biggrin:

I got it!!

View attachment 2570250

I did discuss this dress on the forum a while back and I got sort of mixed reviews: some people didn't think it really 'went' with my actual wedding dress:

View attachment 2570252

But it stayed in my mind and I always think that's a good guide for what you really want, if you are still thinking about it months later! :biggrin:

It arrived today and it's even more beautiful than it looks in the pic, the lace work is just exquisite :girlsigh:

Congrats, I love the dress! :love:

When do you get it??! I would have ants in my pants, I couldn't wait :biggrin:
Oh I do! I don't think it will come in until Sept-Oct which is probably good because I might be tempted to prance around in it :P

I adore your dress & going away dress :graucho: I think it will be so nice to get to wear the Lela Rose again! I was actually initially thinking I'd end up ordering something from net-a-porter because I was a bit underwhelmed with most of the bridal shop choices.

I got it!!

View attachment 2570250

View attachment 2570252

Very pretty! I like it!! The lace is really nice. :tup:

Your wedding dress is gorgeous as well!

Oh I do! I don't think it will come in until Sept-Oct which is probably good because I might be tempted to prance around in it :P

I adore your dress & going away dress :graucho: I think it will be so nice to get to wear the Lela Rose again! I was actually initially thinking I'd end up ordering something from net-a-porter because I was a bit underwhelmed with most of the bridal shop choices.

Thank you! I am really into the idea of having something from your wedding day that you can wear again :love:

I'm sure there would be prancing - how could you resist!? :P

Congrats, I love the dress! :love:

Thank you my dear!

Very pretty! I like it!! The lace is really nice. :tup:

Your wedding dress is gorgeous as well!

Thank you, I'm glad you think so. I want to try the Lela Rose dress on this weekend because I have the tiniest concern that it could look a little bit, um, matronly?? I have a generous bust and when I tried it on initially yesterday afternoon (admittedly in a bit of a rush and not with great underwear/shoes/etc) I just thought it didn't perhaps look as amazing as it needs to...going to wait and see though, hopefully when I'm not flying around doing a million things and actually have time to look at it properly, it'll look gorgeous on :yes: :sweatdrop:

Bitten - I love your going away dress - it is beautiful! I also love the idea of having something you can wear again after the wedding. For me it will be my clutch and my shoes.

BagsNBaubles - I bought my dress last fall but literally tried it on for the first time about a week and a half ago at my fitting. We also had to order a smaller size than the sample - it's so weird to have to trust that the right size will be (mostly) right when it arrives. The beading on yours is GORGEOUS! As much as I love my lace dress I am definitely on the hunt for jewelry to add some sparkle.