Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone take a look at my Loewe on the authentication thread? I have a blue bag, I don't think it's authentic and I have the leather brown portfolio, which I think it is authentic. I don't know much about Loewe, but I do know nice leather, so tell me what you think PFF's?

Those are adorable!

Great haul! You guys are so lucky, I never see perfume sold here! I wonder if it's against the law...I've literally never seen them in any thrift store (besides empty bottles), and I'm sure they get donated! Nail polish too, which I know you guys find tons of!

I love avon bottles, they have so many unique designs. Even though most of them aren't worth anything, shipping is so high, I never buy them online. I hardly ever see them in person, none of the good ones anyway, so I only had one up until now.

I finally found most of the ones I was looking for though...I found a local collector and bought all of these yesterday :biggrin::

DSC03332.JPG

Bird, Eiffel tower, seahorse, unicorn, kissing doves on a gazebo, songbird (my favourite!), roses.

DSC03333.JPG

Crown, caterpillar, pumpkin carriage, swan, seahorse.

DSC03335.JPG

Frosted flowers, swan, strawberry, snail, key. They were $2 each, which was a steal for the bigger ones, but not so much for the smaller ones...they were so neat though, I just had to have them.

I'm planning on putting good perfume in there, I want to have a vanity :biggrin:.

Oh my goodness. You have no idea what a run down memory lane your post gave me. My grandfather collected Avon perfume bottles. Like at least 1000 of them when he died. He had shelves put up all over the basement to hold his collection. My uncle took most of them when the house was cleaned out. (sorta/kinda~my dh and I still cleared out a ton when we bought the house...). Anyway, my sister and I joke about them when we see them at yard sales. My grandfather was ultra great though, he used to take us yard sale-ing when we stayed with him and my grandmother when my parents were working.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thrifting Perfume ...[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is what my fragrance budget looks like recently ...[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Do you only take ... cash? How about a button or .. paperclip? ... Guitar pick? No? I have a ... hair elastic that looks pretty ... bad..... hmmm"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yep. Times change and now it's a big priority shift but I still have needs! Smelly needs![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So on Wednesday I decided I should try Dior Poison again after reading some reviews. Shop your stash. Right? There's an unexplained Innocence In this World. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sometimes people change, chemistry changes, and so I sprayed it on myself ... on my hands cause I can wash them and I get over enthusiastic sometimes and I spray myself down and then I instantly regret it. Or get a migraine, throw up and *then* regret it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dior Poison hasn't changed. I've changed. But I still really am not at any kind of Dior Poison level. It sorta reminded me of this terrible breakup and how the guy asked me if he could borrow my black eyeliner. And I said .. "Okay." Yep.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I washed my hands and called it a day ... a day to go check the thrift store with my vast amount of wealth as pictured clearly above. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here are the pictures of my finds. I had to ask this very sweet 90 year old lady to show me the 99 cent fragrances. Cause they had them in the glass case. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But I made it thru and everyone was nice to everyone. ELE ... Everybody Loves Everybody. I yelled "ELE" at my cats when they are in the midst of a ... disagreement. Everybody Loves Everybody.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is Winky (the Owl) next to Sheepie (the sheep) are both previous Avon Institution Escapees and now they live with Jesus. Here. [/FONT]

The Land of Thrifted Fragrances ...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He's a bit Creepy ...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He belonged to my FIL and as I looking at him today and sort of tripping out on the ... Illuminatee kinda symbolism happening. Once I had a friend ask me (genuinely and not at all kidding) if I thought FIL was the Unibomber. So, to each his own.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is what I thrifted on Wednesday from the incredibly nice hard of hearing sweet 90 year old lady.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Voluspa ...yum[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prada and Tresor ... the Prada is YUM and the Tresor I have not tried but it was made in France so that has to be a good sign I think...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]some loon has a bottle of this up on CrayBay for $399.99 and it's twice the size. The KooKoo says that it is vintage.Technically I guess the "vintage" is now 1990's? SInce it's only 20 years back? I don't know. I became confused.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PersianRose smells divine ... YUM[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So ...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I spent about $4 total. Which made no sense. I think the cashier gave me a coupon and then didn't charge me for some of the things I bought? But, I added to my little collection and it will keep me calm til Silk Way gets here. Sometimes I search "Cheap Thrills" on the boards and read them and cause I am a thrifter, I think ... "Not Cheap Enough!!" ... But Silk Way is indeed cheap enough![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I hope your thrifty perfume needs are met PFF's![/FONT]

I love what you found and I totally lol'd at your Dior Poison scenario :biggrin:. I want to heave when I smell CK Obsession. O.M.G. Red door is another...

Those are adorable!

Great haul! You guys are so lucky, I never see perfume sold here! I wonder if it's against the law...I've literally never seen them in any thrift store (besides empty bottles), and I'm sure they get donated! Nail polish too, which I know you guys find tons of!

I love avon bottles, they have so many unique designs. Even though most of them aren't worth anything, shipping is so high, I never buy them online. I hardly ever see them in person, none of the good ones anyway, so I only had one up until now.

I finally found most of the ones I was looking for though...I found a local collector and bought all of these yesterday :biggrin::

DSC03332.JPG

Bird, Eiffel tower, seahorse, unicorn, kissing doves on a gazebo, songbird (my favourite!), roses.

DSC03333.JPG

DSC03335.JPG

Frosted flowers, swan, strawberry, snail, key. They were $2 each, which was a steal for the bigger ones, but not so much for the smaller ones...they were so neat though, I just had to have them.

I'm planning on putting good perfume in there, I want to have a vanity :biggrin:.

AHhhhhhhhhh!!!! They are so adorable! I don't have many for the exact reasons you listed. But when I do find them, I buy. I found the 1974 Red Robin with Rose x3 today and it was $2.50! I was happy!

That is so cool wildfury, like an intant collection you inherited! It will look beautiful! You need a few of the vintage mirror vanity trays! Yes yes ... *makes plans for you*

Those are adorable!

DSC03332.JPG

DSC03333.JPG

DSC03335.JPG

I am dying over the Eiffel Tower that is amazing!!! And the snail!!

Could someone take a look at my Loewe on the authentication thread? I have a blue bag, I don't think it's authentic and I have the leather brown portfolio, which I think it is authentic. I don't know much about Loewe, but I do know nice leather, so tell me what you think PFF's?

Wowie that Loewe portfolio is a dream. Definitely authentic. I absolutely love it!

Those are adorable!

DSC03332.JPG

DSC03333.JPG

DSC03335.JPG

Those are so cute:smile:.

So pretty I love Mary Janes!! Great color too.
Thank you!

I took my friend out to consignment store yesterday. Her husband does not approve used things, so she hasn't been in any of the second hand stores before. Poor girl was afraid to look around, I told her many times that we can leave any time she wants ... but I think she will go back. Get them addicted :biggrin:

Thank you!

I took my friend out to consignment store yesterday. Her husband does not approve used things, so she hasn't been in any of the second hand stores before. Poor girl was afraid to look around, I told her many times that we can leave any time she wants ... but I think she will go back. Get them addicted :biggrin:

I have gotten many friends hooked haha I even got my mom hooked. A woman that was skeeved out by everything and anything growing up and still is, is now a thrifter lol she loves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.