Home & Garden Want to see my new construction?

THANK YOU, thank you everyone!!!! Sorry, I haven't been here. I'm an accountant and it is crunch time at work. Only about 15 more days though.

Back to pictures....

Seeing brick on the house was so exciting. You won't believe how many miles and houses I drove by looking at brick. I was nervous because the brick company only had one other house that had used grey mortar instead of white with this particular brick.
I didn't really care for it, but the mortar was already ordered and my husband didn't want any delays. I feel though the mortar looked different on the other house. I'm happy we stuck with the grey, even though I kind of had no other choice.
qsl2sw.jpg

218n5.jpg

21zs5u.jpg

1zdn4vo.jpg

149v7ec.jpg

w0i0dw.jpg

Paint!
65cuj7.jpg

electricity!!!
el8x3m.jpg

painted cabinets (learning to like them more everyday). I hated them the first time I saw them. Electricity makes a huge difference, I actually like them more now, well, like them at all.
t0rbkg.jpg

2qdmjx2.jpg

This is a whole slab of granite, barely had enough. Everyone's first reaction is "omg is the island big enough?". The plans actually had a rounded island. When the cabinet guy sketched everything out on the floor it looked like I would have barely any counter space so we changed the shape. Then it seemed unproportionate with the dining room, so we made it larger. I didn't even realize how large it was until the granite was on.

35n8tw3.jpg