Home & Garden Want to see my new construction?

More pics!

Just found this thread. Great house! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Very nice! I love the progression, it is giving me inspiration.

Thank you!!!!! I'm so sorry I haven't updated!!! We moved in about a month and half ago, and it's just been hectic. Things have been great! I looked to see what I had on my computer, but I don't have any updated ones. Toward the end I guess my husband got lazy with the Flickr uploads.

I will update, hopefully tomorrow. :smile:

Last edited:
Very nice
We've been looking for a home and having a hard time finding what we want. DH keeps saying we should build and I'm reluctant.
You said you found the land two years ago. How long did it take to build the home once you started the process of obtaining permits, etc.? Did it take two years or did you buy the land and then wait to start building?
Congratulations on being almost there :smile:

Another month (hopefully) I'll be moving into my new house! Building a house really turns your life upside down, and I can't wait to have life back to normal.

I found the land almost two years ago. I think this land was just meant to be ours, because it was really luck finding it. Right now, we live off of the main hwy. It's about 3 minutes away from everything, literally, because everything is off of two main hwys in my town. When we started looking for land I just wasn't liking how far away everything was. It wasn't even that far, but I'm so use to where I live now. Stalking the real estate websites I came across a house that I thought my friend use to live in. The street is across the highway of where I live now. The listing said the house was on an acre, but the seller was willing to sell the back half of the acre since it had access from another street. So, when you see the back of the house in the pictures that's the story. We are planning on getting an 8 foot fence before we move in.

From the very beginning.......

34hz2mr.jpg

w7b53.jpg

ev47ev.jpg

Very nice
We've been looking for a home and having a hard time finding what we want. DH keeps saying we should build and I'm reluctant.
You said you found the land two years ago. How long did it take to build the home once you started the process of obtaining permits, etc.? Did it take two years or did you buy the land and then wait to start building?
Congratulations on being almost there :smile:

Thank you! Sorry, I have neglected this thread. I said I would post pictures, and I haven't. I feel like the day after we moved in I went from obsessing about the house into obsessing about a baby. The building process only took about 7 months. All together though I probably pushed everything back about a month when it came to interior decisions. Work was pretty slow the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas too. The contractor handled all the permits, but I don't think anything was ever held up by needing a permit. I had to do a lot of convincing to get my husband on board for building, and I think he wanted to jump ship the second he was on board. About a week before we signed the contract with the contractor, he actually talked me into looking at some homes. After we looked at those he was more on board, but he didn't enjoy the building process. He loves the house now that's it built. He says we are living here until we die. :biggrin:

Thank you! Sorry, I have neglected this thread. I said I would post pictures, and I haven't. I feel like the day after we moved in I went from obsessing about the house into obsessing about a baby. The building process only took about 7 months. All together though I probably pushed everything back about a month when it came to interior decisions. Work was pretty slow the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas too. The contractor handled all the permits, but I don't think anything was ever held up by needing a permit. I had to do a lot of convincing to get my husband on board for building, and I think he wanted to jump ship the second he was on board. About a week before we signed the contract with the contractor, he actually talked me into looking at some homes. After we looked at those he was more on board, but he didn't enjoy the building process. He loves the house now that's it built. He says we are living here until we die. :biggrin:

that's encouraging.....you hear so many horror stories abouv building but sounds like yours went smoothly

Love all the pictures! Your home is gorgeous!
We put down some money to get our house built few months ago and our current house just sold 2 weeks ago. We ran to a little bit of delay and they only just started ground breaking the minute my current house sold. Is that a sign? lol.
In the meantime we are going to move to a townhome until the house is finished. I'm so excited and I hope everything goes smoothly.