REAL HOUSEWIVES of NEW YORK {RHoNY}

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I see of Sonya, the more I like her. It can't be easy to have been a rich man's arm candy for many years, and then find you have to make a living for yourself. Especially the lifestyle she is used to having.

Yep, she used to be able to take her plastics out and buy almost anything she wants, now she has to look at shoes that have 3 or 4 markdowns (eg., the London shopping spree with the girls). She used to hire a party planner, now she is the party planner!

Awww, I think Sonja herself needs some TLC.

Most definitely! She has this bravado about her, but I think she is quite broke and misses the love and companionship of a significant other!

I think out of all the HWs Sonja is actually the one that i would like to see land a rich, successful, wonderful man...

So do I! :smile: Aviva & Heather both seem to have great husbands, Mario accepts Ramona for who she is, so there must be someone out there for Sonja! She has this joie de vivre that's infectious! She's fun to be with and she takes her troubles in strides and not let them overwhelm her. I don't think age matters to her that much. Aviva is going to introduce her dad to her, let's see how that works out.

Was I the only one confused/scratching head when in london, sonja gushed over staying in a penthouse. This, coming fom the same woman that vacationed with the Churchill's, middle eastern royalty, high society, etc.

You'd think that a penthouse would be like a 'been there, done that' type thing.

Was I the only one confused/scratching head when in london, sonja gushed over staying in a penthouse. This, coming fom the same woman that vacationed with the Churchill's, middle eastern royalty, high society, etc.

You'd think that a penthouse would be like a 'been there, done that' type thing.
I think she's being a gracious guest, even her little speech at Heather's Yummy Tummy dinner was humble and again-gracious.

Sonja was probably a wonderful hostess when rich. When not concerned with the small details, she was probably fabulous.
And she probably worked when she was a hostess before Morgan, but that was awhile ago.
Now I think life is kind of tough for her. It was sad to see her look for the marked down, and down and down shoes.
I think she suited the rich life so much more than the shabby around the edges life.
I just don't know if she'll be able to make a life for herself - I think she'll grab the first richish man to make an offer in order to make it long term.

For what it's worth, a good friend of mine has worked with Sonja on many occasions. From what he's told me, she IS all of the positive things a few of you have been saying. She's kind, gracious, a bit kooky, and has been humbled. She's fun to be around and treats those that work with and for her kindly. She's my fave housewife from all the franchises.

For what it's worth, a good friend of mine has worked with Sonja on many occasions. From what he's told me, she IS all of the positive things a few of you have been saying. She's kind, gracious, a bit kooky, and has been humbled. She's fun to be around and treats those that work with and for her kindly. She's my fave housewife from all the franchises.

Thanks for sharing! I love Sonya for all of the reasons mentioned above and she's my favorite housewive, too! I hope she comes out on top! :smile:

Just out of curiousity, who was the "main housewife" that was the tie that binds for the NY cast? Was it originally Jill Z or did Ramona help the recruiting?

I think it was Jill. She is the one that suggested Bethenny for a spot. The producers did not like Bethenny when they interviewed her, but another producer who worked with her when she did Martha Stewart Apprentice fought for her (according to her book). Jill was frenimies with Ramona for years, so I am not sure if she helped Ramona get on.

Glad to hear that, thanks for sharing! :smile:

OMG, I wouldn't be surprised if we heard about a "Sonja Dating" show coming soon! Leave it to Bravo to cross-promote and have Patti, Siggy or those Miss Advised chicks to try and set her up and document her journey to find love! No Wait...not those Miss Advised chicks...Sonja needs a multi-millionaire/billionaire....

Now I think life is kind of tough for her. It was sad to see her look for the marked down, and down and down shoes.
I think she suited the rich life so much more than the shabby around the edges life.
I just don't know if she'll be able to make a life for herself - I think she'll grab the first richish man to make an offer in order to make it long term.

My concern is she may not get many or any offers from these "wealthy" men! Sonja is no spring chicken anymore. These rich, old men usually like the young model/actress types, eg., Mohammid in RHOBH has a beautiful "model" girlfriend. Sonja cannot compete with these sweet, young things! It's imperative that she gets her business going and make a living for herself. I'm an optimist at heart, I think she will eventually find the right man.

Status
Not open for further replies.