Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
queeniegirl said:
:lol:I have a thrift store that I love to go to. My 12 year old daughter has been begging me to take her there. Today we head out to what I call "my little old lady thrift store". The sweetest little ladies run it for the hospital childrens charity. Now, I am a true handbag queen. I do love my LV and Gucci bags and, unfortunately, my daughter has caught the handbag bug. So far she is just hooked on Coach and Juicy, thank heavens! Age appropriate and the cost is okay also. Anywho, I take her to my little old lady store. She is very good at spotting quality by how something feels. Crazy, at 12! I know! Anyway, she walks over to me and says "Mom, I think I found something". She hands me a, ready for it? Freaking like brand new Bottega Veneta bag! She said "It feels expensive". That's my little girl!! Are you ready for the best part????? $3! Her first time at real thrifting with mama! I'm so proud! I've submitted it for authentication, but I know it is real. She is right, it feels expensive. I found a bag also. Nothing as special as hers, but still, I found a cute Bruno Magli blue lizard bag. I don't think it has ever had anything inside of it either. Looks brand new. What a great thrifting day for me and my girlie!

Wow, wow, wow!! What a bargain!! Fabulous find!

Raven3766 said:
PFF's, I had a good day.....
I finally found a Bally. It's a travel bag and cost $10;

The bottom needs a little tlc.

I found an Arden B rabbit fur hat for $12..

I bought a fur purse/muff from Canada...cost $10.

I also bought a Cole Haan wallet for $3

Love the muff!! I got a vintage leopard muff last winter that has a zipper pocket inside to use as a purse and loved it! Used it all the time!

mainguyen504 said:
Hey ladies, I tried the Gucci form and castira to authenticate a belt I found. Unfortunately, they both don't do vintage belts. Would you knowledgeable ladies be able to tell? The ones I've seen on the *bay has the buckle being able to rotate so it has a different stamp whereas this one the buckle kind of "pops back" so I can switch to either black or brown.

Real. Just a guess but I am 99% positive!

mainguyen504 said:
Hey ladies, I tried the Gucci form and castira to authenticate a belt I found. Unfortunately, they both don't do vintage belts. Would you knowledgeable ladies be able to tell? The ones I've seen on the *bay has the buckle being able to rotate so it has a different stamp whereas this one the buckle kind of "pops back" so I can switch to either black or brown.

I think it's real, I vaguely remember that style from my Gucci heyday in the '80's. I remember being able to switch the colors.

:lol:I have a thrift store that I love to go to. My 12 year old daughter has been begging me to take her there. Today we head out to what I call "my little old lady thrift store". The sweetest little ladies run it for the hospital childrens charity. Now, I am a true handbag queen. I do love my LV and Gucci bags and, unfortunately, my daughter has caught the handbag bug. So far she is just hooked on Coach and Juicy, thank heavens! Age appropriate and the cost is okay also. Anywho, I take her to my little old lady store. She is very good at spotting quality by how something feels. Crazy, at 12! I know! Anyway, she walks over to me and says "Mom, I think I found something". She hands me a, ready for it? Freaking like brand new Bottega Veneta bag! She said "It feels expensive". That's my little girl!! Are you ready for the best part????? $3! Her first time at real thrifting with mama! I'm so proud! I've submitted it for authentication, but I know it is real. She is right, it feels expensive. I found a bag also. Nothing as special as hers, but still, I found a cute Bruno Magli blue lizard bag. I don't think it has ever had anything inside of it either. Looks brand new. What a great thrifting day for me and my girlie!
This is the most adorable story, thanks for sharing. And your daughter is just too cute! Nice bags, love lizards.
I bought a bunch of things I don't need today....
Dress Form thing-It is really cute, but I am not sure what I should do with it. It is almost 3'. Any suggestions?
I bought this cute jacket for the lining. It was too cute to pass up.
LOL this happens to me a lot, I just walk out with a bunch of things I don't need. I like your lady, I wish you could name her Lola but it's already taken. Maybe you could hang coats and other things on her??
Those sixty cent Weitzmans are off the hook! I went to crossroads today and got a fabulous Abaete dress for 27.50 and Miu Miu pumps that originally cost 430 for 22.50!

I was too lazy to take off my skinners and boots again!
LOVE the pumps, they look pristine, you got a steal.
Someone mentioned they wanted to see some of my paris decor. I don't have alot since I just started collecting and making it to go with my shabby chic/girly/colorful decor in my closet/girl room lol. Thats a mouthful. My goal is to keep it to just using thrifted or bargain hunted items and to D.I.Y alot.

View attachment 1772472

View attachment 1772473
So the picture frames were each around $2 and I used images from Pinterest and a calender for inside them. Mirror got over the weekend at a yard sale for $5.

View attachment 1772474
My husband found the PARIS sign at goodwill for $4.99 years ago and decided to recently give it to me and he found the Effel Tower for me too.

View attachment 1772475
I hang my clothes on only thrifted hangers, probably paid $15 tops for them all :P

View attachment 1772476
Trifted the tray for $2 and painted it, cheeta skin was free at a yard sale, and Pais dish was $1 and Paris book box was free!
Your Paris decor is so beautiful and inspiring. Love Ms. Audrey.
IMG_20120626_183835-1.jpg

IMG_20120626_183845-1.jpg

IMG_20120626_183948.jpg

IMG_20120626_184051.jpg

IMG_20120626_184219-1.jpg

IMG_20120626_184308-1.jpg

IMG_20120626_184332.jpg

IMG_20120626_184439.jpg
Love the fur muff Raven, and the Bally tote looks so pretty.
IMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1174.jpg
I am almost 100% sure this is authentic. I had one that was very similar and sold it a while ago. The buckle popped up and over to be used as a reversible, just like yours. The buckle was two tone. I will try and find a picture of it for you.
Hi All,

I've been lurking on this thread for a quite a while. I've been totally inspired by your finds so I had to post one of my own. Tonight I went up to the tile store and there was a Salvos (see!) next door. I popped in and found a wool Harzfeld's jacket for $5.99. Harzfeld's was a Kansas City dept. store that went out of business in 1984 but the union tag dates this to 1963-1974. This pic isn't the best of it but the pattern is beautiful and it's in great condition. I won't be wearing this one for a while - it was 100 degrees today, not exactly wool coat weather!
Your coat got such a beautiful paisley design. Nice vintage find!

How did I miss 2 pages of stuff?!?
Dress Form thing-It is really cute, but I am not sure what I should do with it. It is almost 3'. Any suggestions?
I like the dress form thing! I think it's cute! I would have totally bought it too!!

Those sixty cent Weitzmans are off the hook! I went to crossroads today and got a fabulous Abaete dress for 27.50 and Miu Miu pumps that originally cost 430 for 22.50!

Cute dress and love the shoes!!
Someone mentioned they wanted to see some of my paris decor. I don't have alot since I just started collecting and making it to go with my shabby chic/girly/colorful decor in my closet/girl room lol. Thats a mouthful. My goal is to keep it to just using thrifted or bargain hunted items and to D.I.Y alot.

View attachment 1772472

View attachment 1772473
So the picture frames were each around $2 and I used images from Pinterest and a calender for inside them. Mirror got over the weekend at a yard sale for $5.

View attachment 1772474
My husband found the PARIS sign at goodwill for $4.99 years ago and decided to recently give it to me and he found the Effel Tower for me too.

View attachment 1772475
I hang my clothes on only thrifted hangers, probably paid $15 tops for them all :P

View attachment 1772476
Trifted the tray for $2 and painted it, cheeta skin was free at a yard sale, and Pais dish was $1 and Paris book box was free!
I love what you've done with everything!!

IMG_20120626_183948.jpg

IMG_20120626_184051.jpg

IMG_20120626_184332.jpg

IMG_20120626_184439.jpg
Great find on the travel bag !!

St. John pants (they have a riri zipper, I thought riri was just for high end bags). They are super soft and fit perfectly.
Pottery Barn iron sculpture horse thing, I am using for my silver bracelets.
Yellow Patagonia biking top, so people can see me when I ride (as opposed to all the black I have).
Those are cute pants lisa!

I am almost 100% sure this is authentic. I had one that was very similar and sold it a while ago. The buckle popped up and over to be used as a reversible, just like yours. The buckle was two tone. I will try and find a picture of it for you.
Thanks! It took me like 10 mins to realize it popped up because I just stood there and kept trying to twist it like the ones on *bay:P

I love the jacket lining!

Those Miu Mius! :loveeyes:

View attachment 1772472

View attachment 1772473

View attachment 1772474

View attachment 1772475

View attachment 1772476

Love your room decor!

It is confirmed: real! I knew it. The leather is sooo soft! This will be going on eBay for sure, I am so glad I'm not the only one who sells her "thrifted treasures". I enjoy selling my finds that aren't really my style and putting the money towards something that I will truly love and use. Also, so glad someone mentioned Storage Wars! My hubby and I are addicted to it! Of course, I also may have the tiniest crush on Barry.....

Congrats! So beautiful!!

IMG_20120626_183948.jpg

IMG_20120626_184051.jpg

IMG_20120626_184332.jpg

IMG_20120626_184439.jpg

Beautiful Bally bag!

St. John pants (they have a riri zipper, I thought riri was just for high end bags). They are super soft and fit perfectly.
Pottery Barn iron sculpture horse thing, I am using for my silver bracelets.
Yellow Patagonia biking top, so people can see me when I ride (as opposed to all the black I have).

Beautiful pants

Status
Not open for further replies.