Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I love Storage Wars too! I wonder how much junk they buy to get to the treasure they show on the air.

That's what I wonder too! I feel like they probably go through a lot and they only air the really good stuff. I wonder how much money they actually make buying storage lockers and reselling the stuff. Sometimes they spend so much money on them I don't know how they ever do make money.

You can count me in too ;). It's a hoarding prevention method, plus it helps fund the things you want but can't find in the thrifts :smile:. My feedback is almost 100 YAY!

ITA! I just bought a brand new Kitchenaid stand mixer (here it costs 3x the price in the US) reselling some of my finds. :graucho::graucho::graucho: Now I'm "saving" for a Balenciaga bag. :sneaky: And I'm also helping DH funding his new computer!

What is the store name on ebay! Would love to see the stuff you ladies are selling!

I am selling under the name of raven376648. I'm still manuevering the bay, so can your store have a name?:smile:
I only have three items, but I will list more today. Well, my niece will. This is her summer job, she's working my bay and getting paid.

I've been thrifting fragrances lately ...

ohlazlo030.jpg

The May Co. went out business some time back ...
Like before most people on this thread were BORN!!! That's some OLD perfume:lol: Someone has been holding on to that for a while!

Decided to share some of my perfume bottles
Hermes d'orange verte ( I also dropped the bottle and broke the lid right off), Hermes Terre, Alexander McQueen My Queen still in box ( I really want to know what it smells like) and a fake bottle of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle still in box. And my most special bottle Alexander McQueen Kingdom it was designed to look like a heart

Attachments

• image-1031837992.png
    image-1031837992.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 348
  • image-2844087500.png
    image-2844087500.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 349
Only the (vintage?) bags Made in France have that. It is usually where the one on yours is, but can be found in other corners too. Chanel Made in Italy does not have that square, or any other marking on the locking CCs. The CC on vintage Chanel are never rounded, they are always flat.

Thank you. i have another one for you. is it possible to get a classic chanel bag that has the little square on either three or all four of the corners????

Stress and shopping, shopping and stress round and round we go!

Cheaper than therapy!

On Sunday, I thrifted with a small group of "regulars" including my buddy with the enormous Duck Nails, and I found 5 things for The Hubs which all fit him, and which he loved. I spent $2.60 on those items cause it was a 5 for $1 and $1 rack sale ... I was so pleased with myself!

But this is stuff I bought yesterday ... I only took the creme de la creme. Which is really the key I think!

ohlazlo009.jpg

This skirt is amazing ... going to wear it today ... Burning Torch Wallflower ... this is a $300 skirt

ohlazlo010.jpg

It has beading ... leaves little glass leaves on it and I love the way it is cut. I love a raw construction on such a "precious" fabric like silk. It's gorgeous.

$1.33

ohlazlo004.jpg

Another $1.33 skirt ... stretch silk by Bebe

ohlazlo005.jpg

I do not know if you can see this but it has many many seams and curves and although I usually don't buy Bebe the fit mesmerized me!

tables1.jpg

Part of my tablecloth collection. I thrifted applique table cloths for a time. I was thinking at one point of using them for quilts but luckily me and my scissors got distracted by something shiny and moved on ... this was the day of my wedding! All our tables were in the garden and I used my vintage tablecloth collection! I had to laugh cause I had a bridesmaid who told me not to use them cause they would get ruined ... If you can't use your linens at your own wedding what is the point of collecting!
ohlazlo011.jpg

DVF Skirt ... 100% Silk .. I am LOVING 100% silk items. I mean ... Love. It's love.
ohlazlo013.jpg

I cannot think of more comfortable items than a silk lined silk dress or skirt. No clue why it took me so many years to remember this! And this skirt was $1.33. It was $5 total for all three skirts ... ridiculous .. just insane ... the DVF is as you know a $300 item at retail ...

ohlazlo016.jpg

Flash back? How about a tuxedo type jacket with glorious rhinestone buttons? Oleg Casini!

ohlazlo014.jpg

ohlazlo018.jpg

You all know about me and the wool paranoia. But for $2.50 ... I can take a chance. All the stuff I bought was 50% off due to tag sales at the thrift. So fun! They change the color on Mondays ... so now I know that ...

ohlazlo017.jpg

It's wool so it won't be worn for ... awhile but fall is close enough!

OutOftheCloset001.jpg

Rummy and Gonzo chill surrounded by Roses ... drunk on the smell! and a meow meow meow!

Hermes d'orange verte ( I also dropped the bottle and broke the lid right off), Hermes Terre, Alexander McQueen My Queen still in box ( I really want to know what it smells like) and a fake bottle of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle still in box. And my most special bottle Alexander McQueen Kingdom it was designed to look like a heart

Good God the one that looks like a heart is the most beautiful bottle I have ever seen. Literally! *swoon!*

http://forum.purseblog.com/blog-ent...-gallo-316284.html?highlight=lambertson-truex

Megs, was a real fan of these handbags...there are many posts she has written!

They look amazing! I'm filing this information in my memory banks for the day I find one for $2 ...

Like before most people on this thread were BORN!!! That's some OLD perfume:lol: Someone has been holding on to that for a while!

Right!? Someone was into backups I bet! I don't remember when May Co. turned into Robinson's May. But I do know that Norell 2 is supposedly a leather chypre rose fragrance. Not sure if I should sell it (it's rare) or bust it open and spray it all over me ...

I see so many pretty things at such a great price. Today I purchased Prada shoes for my sister, $1.20. I couldn't fit them, but somone could. Besides, it will help me afford my Chanel.

YOU are so awesome! I am sure your friends and relatives are so well dressed!

You can count me in too ;). It's a hoarding prevention method, plus it helps fund the things you want but can't find in the thrifts :smile:. My feedback is almost 100 YAY!

I like the term Hoarding prevention ... at this point I should start trying my luck at BE or Crossroads I think ... I have too much. I want to stream line

I imagine a jeweler whos familar with Chanel would know, also a pawn shop. Those guys know what to look for with fakes. You could go in under the guise of pawning the watch, and if they authenticate it as a Chanel, act insulted with the price they offer you and leave.:smile:

Totally laughing!! But what a great plan!

What a bargain! I used to work in a dept store when I was in high school and college ( mid to late 70's ) I know the original Norell is from that time frame, and the Norell II probably late 70's. Oldies but goodies!

So cool! The original Norell perfume that I managed to get open without going to the emergency room ... is beautiful!

Cool!
I have an old bottle of "toilet lotion" which I am only assuming is very old because the name is just so unappealing LOL!
I should look it up and see. I think it's absolutely hilarious.

BTW how should you store old perfumes like this? Is it bad to store it on a shelf like on display or should I be storing it out of sun and in a box somewhere? It was in a box in a storage room for years and years with a case of other ones (the cool perk of working in a very old drug store was that there were a ton of old things in the storage room to look at). I had one of these "toilet lotions" given to me when the store closed. I absolutely had to have one because of the hilarity factor of owning a bottle of toilet lotion hehe. I guess they just didn't have a better word for it back then? Anyway, it's been on display in my room on my bookshelf ever since I brought it home, but now I am kind of thinking it might not be a good idea to leave it there?

Yeah. You should have it in a cool dark place. People who are serious about fragrance flip out when they see perfumes exposed to light and temperature changes. It ruins the juice faster. They say. I have a fume that was one of my favorites and I have backups stored in a linen closet. Old vintage perfumes stored correctly do not go bad quickly at all.

If you pronounce "toilet" with a french accent does that help? OOoo oo Fancy!

I am selling under the name of raven376648. I'm still manuevering the bay, so can your store have a name?:smile:
I only have three items, but I will list more today. Well, my niece will. This is her summer job, she's working my bay and getting paid.
Yes, you can name your store! You can also send a newsletter out of your finds.
That Heart shaped bottle is so special :love:

Cheaper than therapy!

On Sunday, I thrifted with a small group of "regulars" including my buddy with the enormous Duck Nails, and I found 5 things for The Hubs which all fit him, and which he loved. I spent $2.60 on those items cause it was a 5 for $1 and $1 rack sale ... I was so pleased with myself!

But this is stuff I bought yesterday ... I only took the creme de la creme. Which is really the key I think!

ohlazlo009.jpg

This skirt is amazing ... going to wear it today ... Burning Torch Wallflower ... this is a $300 skirt

ohlazlo010.jpg

It has beading ... leaves little glass leaves on it and I love the way it is cut. I love a raw construction on such a "precious" fabric like silk. It's gorgeous.

$1.33

ohlazlo004.jpg

ohlazlo005.jpg

I do not know if you can see this but it has many many seams and curves and although I usually don't buy Bebe the fit mesmerized me!

tables1.jpg

Part of my tablecloth collection. I thrifted applique table cloths for a time. I was thinking at one point of using them for quilts but luckily me and my scissors got distracted by something shiny and moved on ... this was the day of my wedding! All our tables were in the garden and I used my vintage tablecloth collection! I had to laugh cause I had a bridesmaid who told me not to use them cause they would get ruined ... If you can't use your linens at your own wedding what is the point of collecting!
ohlazlo011.jpg

DVF Skirt ... 100% Silk .. I am LOVING 100% silk items. I mean ... Love. It's love.
ohlazlo013.jpg

I cannot think of more comfortable items than a silk lined silk dress or skirt. No clue why it took me so many years to remember this! And this skirt was $1.33. It was $5 total for all three skirts ... ridiculous .. just insane ... the DVF is as you know a $300 item at retail ...

ohlazlo016.jpg

Flash back? How about a tuxedo type jacket with glorious rhinestone buttons? Oleg Casini!

ohlazlo014.jpg

ohlazlo018.jpg

You all know about me and the wool paranoia. But for $2.50 ... I can take a chance. All the stuff I bought was 50% off due to tag sales at the thrift. So fun! They change the color on Mondays ... so now I know that ...

ohlazlo017.jpg

OutOftheCloset001.jpg

Rummy and Gonzo chill surrounded by Roses ... drunk on the smell! and a meow meow meow!
I am so glad to see pics of your cats again. I believe Oleg Cassini designed clothing for Jackie Kennedy when she was in the White House.

Cheaper than therapy!

ohlazlo009.jpg

ohlazlo010.jpg

$1.33

ohlazlo004.jpg

ohlazlo005.jpg

tables1.jpg

ohlazlo011.jpg

ohlazlo013.jpg

ohlazlo016.jpg

ohlazlo014.jpg

ohlazlo018.jpg

ohlazlo017.jpg

OutOftheCloset001.jpg

I love the applique tablecloths you used at your wedding, looks like something out of Martha Stewart. Did you grow those roses as well?

:lol:I have a thrift store that I love to go to. My 12 year old daughter has been begging me to take her there. Today we head out to what I call "my little old lady thrift store". The sweetest little ladies run it for the hospital childrens charity. Now, I am a true handbag queen. I do love my LV and Gucci bags and, unfortunately, my daughter has caught the handbag bug. So far she is just hooked on Coach and Juicy, thank heavens! Age appropriate and the cost is okay also. Anywho, I take her to my little old lady store. She is very good at spotting quality by how something feels. Crazy, at 12! I know! Anyway, she walks over to me and says "Mom, I think I found something". She hands me a, ready for it? Freaking like brand new Bottega Veneta bag! She said "It feels expensive". That's my little girl!! Are you ready for the best part????? $3! Her first time at real thrifting with mama! I'm so proud! I've submitted it for authentication, but I know it is real. She is right, it feels expensive. I found a bag also. Nothing as special as hers, but still, I found a cute Bruno Magli blue lizard bag. I don't think it has ever had anything inside of it either. Looks brand new. What a great thrifting day for me and my girlie!

Attachments

• bv4.JPG
    bv4.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 349
  • bm6.JPG
    bm6.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 348
  • bm7.JPG
    bm7.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 345
Status
Not open for further replies.