Books & Music Books that made you cry

Years ago I read Bridges of Madison County. Bawled my eyes out all night. The next day I went to work and people were asking if I was okay because my eyes were so puffy and red. I gave the book to a lady at work who had a strong personality, not one to easily crumble and she came back to the work the next day a blubbering mess too.

The end of A Tale of Two Cities.
When Bill Kraus dies at the end of And the Band Played On
The situation with Fanny & Sgt. Troy in Far From the Madding Crowd

The first book I can remember making me cry was The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when Aslan died.

I cried when Dobby died in Harry Potter, and Rue in the Hunger Games.

I recently read The Seven Perfumes of Sacrifice by Amy Logan and it made me cry.

I absolutely know that I can not under any circumstances read Where the Red Fern Grows, The Red Tent or The Constant Princess in public because I cry way too much LOL.

I also remember that I read A Walk To Remember while I working (against the advice of friends) and I cried out on the sales floor.

I remember crying to The Notebook (read it 2 yrs before the movie) and Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom was good as well. There were more, but I can't seem to remember.

I remember crying to The Notebook (read it 2 yrs before the movie) and Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom was good as well. There were more, but I can't seem to remember.
The Notebook got to me too. I read right after my grandmother died; she had Alzheimer's.

A lot of the books I read when I was younger made me cry: Where the Red Fern Grows, Julie of the Wolves, The Bridge to Terebethia, Tuck Everlasting, The Giver...

I also agree with Watership Down, there's just something about animal stories.

There have been more than that, but I think those stand out because I was a new reader at the time and I was more invested in the characters.