Books that made you cry

1. Lonesome Dove. The Invisible Bridge. To Kill A Mockingbird. Gosh, there's a lot more than that, I tend to cry easily.
  2. Trinity by Leon Uris
  3. Years ago I read Bridges of Madison County. Bawled my eyes out all night. The next day I went to work and people were asking if I was okay because my eyes were so puffy and red. I gave the book to a lady at work who had a strong personality, not one to easily crumble and she came back to the work the next day a blubbering mess too.
  4. The end of A Tale of Two Cities.
    When Bill Kraus dies at the end of And the Band Played On
    The situation with Fanny & Sgt. Troy in Far From the Madding Crowd
  5. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
  6. The first book I can remember making me cry was The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when Aslan died.

I cried when Dobby died in Harry Potter, and Rue in the Hunger Games.

I recently read The Seven Perfumes of Sacrifice by Amy Logan and it made me cry.
  7. Watership Down....after more animal stories.
  8. Marley and Me
    Dogs Who Have Found Me
    Dogs I Have Found

Give me a dog tale (hehe) and I'll cry whether it's happy or sad.
  9. I absolutely know that I can not under any circumstances read Where the Red Fern Grows, The Red Tent or The Constant Princess in public because I cry way too much LOL.

I also remember that I read A Walk To Remember while I working (against the advice of friends) and I cried out on the sales floor.
  10. Broken by Megan Hart
  11. I remember crying to The Notebook (read it 2 yrs before the movie) and Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom was good as well. There were more, but I can't seem to remember.
  12. The Notebook got to me too. I read right after my grandmother died; she had Alzheimer's.
  13. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen (sp?) although he is in scandal about the book and the money donated to his charity
  14. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. Such a beautiful book with amazing artwork and heart breaking story. It's a must read.
  15. A lot of the books I read when I was younger made me cry: Where the Red Fern Grows, Julie of the Wolves, The Bridge to Terebethia, Tuck Everlasting, The Giver...

I also agree with Watership Down, there's just something about animal stories.

There have been more than that, but I think those stand out because I was a new reader at the time and I was more invested in the characters.