Le Metier de Beaute lovers thread!

I am newly obsessed with this brand, I recently purchased a few things that I am really loving.
Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe Tinted Treatment
Peau Vierge Correcteur Concealer
Visage de Soie Finishing Powder
and the bronzer.

It was quite a sticker shock, Im use to buying Chanel but I really am impressed. Can't wait to try more of their stuff including the colors

Hello! After reading all about LMdB here, I had to give it a try, and went to the counter yesterday. I left with one eye shadow (certainly not the last, but I want to take my time in building this up, and enjoy every single I get on it's own ;) ), and the eye brightening and setting powder in refresh, and I love both!

I also tried the Peau Vierge, and I love the sheerness of it, but am I the only one who noticed that it gives the skin a kind of metallic sheen? The MUA also applied bronzer (quite a bit too much to my taste, actually), and I was wondering if it was maybe the bronzer that had this sheen to it, but I really think it was the PV. I can't decide whether I'm disappointed or relieved though, lol, as I would have loved to love it, but would have hated becoming addicted to the high price tag!

I also loved their creme gloss, and will probably have to go back to pick one or 2 up at some point.

Finally, not a priority, but I was really impressed with the liquid liner, and this is also now on my list!!!!

Chatecaille and LMdB, I can see how I'm doomed, sigh... :lol:

I am newly obsessed with this brand, I recently purchased a few things that I am really loving.
Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe Tinted Treatment
Peau Vierge Correcteur Concealer
Visage de Soie Finishing Powder
and the bronzer.

It was quite a sticker shock, Im use to buying Chanel but I really am impressed. Can't wait to try more of their stuff including the colors

Hello! After reading all about LMdB here, I had to give it a try, and went to the counter yesterday. I left with one eye shadow (certainly not the last, but I want to take my time in building this up, and enjoy every single I get on it's own ;) ), and the eye brightening and setting powder in refresh, and I love both!

I also tried the Peau Vierge, and I love the sheerness of it, but am I the only one who noticed that it gives the skin a kind of metallic sheen? The MUA also applied bronzer (quite a bit too much to my taste, actually), and I was wondering if it was maybe the bronzer that had this sheen to it, but I really think it was the PV. I can't decide whether I'm disappointed or relieved though, lol, as I would have loved to love it, but would have hated becoming addicted to the high price tag!

I also loved their creme gloss, and will probably have to go back to pick one or 2 up at some point.

Finally, not a priority, but I was really impressed with the liquid liner, and this is also now on my list!!!!

Chatecaille and LMdB, I can see how I'm doomed, sigh... :lol:

I love the PV (in fact I'm wearing it right now, lol), but after using it for almost a year now I don't think it's worth it. I started trying some of the BB creams and feel that a lot of them are similar to the PV. Once I use up the rest of mine I'll be switching to BB cream. I guess the selling point of the PV is the retinol/improving your skin thing, but I have not seen any changes. I think it's a great finish and incredibly lightweight, but aside from that, over priced for what it is (lets face it, it's just a tinted moisturizer with a fancy name that most companies would sell for $30-40)

I love the PV (in fact I'm wearing it right now, lol), but after using it for almost a year now I don't think it's worth it. I started trying some of the BB creams and feel that a lot of them are similar to the PV. Once I use up the rest of mine I'll be switching to BB cream. I guess the selling point of the PV is the retinol/improving your skin thing, but I have not seen any changes. I think it's a great finish and incredibly lightweight, but aside from that, over priced for what it is (lets face it, it's just a tinted moisturizer with a fancy name that most companies would sell for $30-40)

I agree with the price tag, I've been using it for a week now myself and I honestly feel like I see a small difference, Especially my eyes with the concealer. I feel like my skin looks clearer and more radiant with and without the makeup on. Maybe its just wishful thinking though and time will tell.

I agree with the price tag, I've been using it for a week now myself and I honestly feel like I see a small difference, Especially my eyes with the concealer. I feel like my skin looks clearer and more radiant with and without the makeup on. Maybe its just wishful thinking though and time will tell.

I've never tried the concealer so no idea how that one works. When I started with the PV my skin was already pretty even so there really wasn't much to improve on except for acne scarring on my chin, which I don't think PV would have helped anyway. I do have to say I've gotten TONS of compliments when I wear the PV though, and it really does make my skin look so even and natural. Who knows after a few months with the BB cream I may go back:graucho:

emcosmo1639 said:
I've never tried the concealer so no idea how that one works. When I started with the PV my skin was already pretty even so there really wasn't much to improve on except for acne scarring on my chin, which I don't think PV would have helped anyway. I do have to say I've gotten TONS of compliments when I wear the PV though, and it really does make my skin look so even and natural. Who knows after a few months with the BB cream I may go back:graucho:

PV targets signs if aging and if there's no signs of aging PV acts as a preventative treatment. I don't have any micro wrinkles or uneven skin tone, my only problem is the occassional acne if it's that time of the month and a few acne scarring. What I do get from PV is luminosity. I get compliments everytime I wear it. I've even gone as far as wearing it with and without eye makeup, with and without blush to justify it's 125 price. And it doesn't matter, I could wear it just by itself, without makeup and I still get compliments. While there are a lot of tinted moisturizer out there that's less expensive, they do not have the retinol delivery technology that's really what's responsible for the high price tag. Anyways, do you mind updating me once you've found a BB cream? Thanks :smile:

Thank you for this, really appreciate your perspective! I just got the Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer, and have to say that it's really fabulous - sheer, but covers what needs to be covered, while still letting your skin show through (as well as freckles, lol), and with a beautiful natural finish. Still, I am intrigued by PV, so I will be looking forward to what you think once you have switched to something else :smile:. Depending on your feedback, I may just pick PV up one I'm done with my Just Skin tube.

I still wonder though where the metallic sheen on my face came from that day?? I think I may just have to go back to the counter at some point, and have them apply PV only, without all the other stuff (bronzer, blush, etc.) - it was just too much, you couldn't see anymore what each individual product did, and kind of overwhelming for me, as I love make up but apply sparingly :P

On the other hand I also wanted to report back on the Refresh Brightening and Setting powder, as I haven't seen any mention of it here: it's fantastic!!!!! It actually provides a beautiful base to e/s, but more importantly for me, it does a wonderful job at setting under eye concealer, and at stopping eye liner from smudging into fine lines. I wear eyeliner on my waterline that I then smudge out a bit. But because I have quite watery eyes, it tends to "melt" a bit during the day. Yesterday, wearing the Refresh, I went home with my eyes looking exactly the same as when I left in the morning. Just wow!!!!

I also love my e/s (I got Corinthian), and I don't know if it's the Refresh that I used as base, or the e/s itself, but again, it's my first time ever where it hasn't bulged nor creased the whole day (I have hooded eyes). I'm very impressed.

I'm now plotting my next e/s purchase, and was wondering if you had any recommendations? I'm Caucasian with light to medium skin (yellow undertones), and green eyes - dark blond/light brown hair. I tend to like darker shades better than light ones (Corinthian is the lightest I've ever had, as I wanted to get a bit out of my comfort zone), and would love to add something that would look good on its own, but also mixed with Corinthian :P

Thank you :smile:!

Neo007 said:
Thank you for this, really appreciate your perspective! I just got the Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer.....

I'm now plotting my next e/s purchase, and was wondering if you had any recommendations? I'm Caucasian with light to medium skin (yellow undertones), and green eyes - dark blond/light brown hair. I tend to like darker shades better than light ones (Corinthian is the lightest I've ever had, as I wanted to get a bit out of my comfort zone), and would love to add something that would look good on its own, but also mixed with Corinthian :P

May I suggest Bordeaux...it's beautiful and would look good with Corinthian. And I agree about Refresh, I have it and love it to death.

image-2118868188.jpg
Top is Corinthian, middle is Bordeaux and i added Fig to the mix.

image-1160632963.jpg
Swatched Corinthian, Bordeaux and Fig and the last one is the layer of all 3.

Thank you for this, really appreciate your perspective! I just got the Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer, and have to say that it's really fabulous - sheer, but covers what needs to be covered, while still letting your skin show through (as well as freckles, lol), and with a beautiful natural finish. Still, I am intrigued by PV, so I will be looking forward to what you think once you have switched to something else :smile:. Depending on your feedback, I may just pick PV up one I'm done with my Just Skin tube.

I still wonder though where the metallic sheen on my face came from that day?? I think I may just have to go back to the counter at some point, and have them apply PV only, without all the other stuff (bronzer, blush, etc.) - it was just too much, you couldn't see anymore what each individual product did, and kind of overwhelming for me, as I love make up but apply sparingly :P

On the other hand I also wanted to report back on the Refresh Brightening and Setting powder, as I haven't seen any mention of it here: it's fantastic!!!!! It actually provides a beautiful base to e/s, but more importantly for me, it does a wonderful job at setting under eye concealer, and at stopping eye liner from smudging into fine lines. I wear eyeliner on my waterline that I then smudge out a bit. But because I have quite watery eyes, it tends to "melt" a bit during the day. Yesterday, wearing the Refresh, I went home with my eyes looking exactly the same as when I left in the morning. Just wow!!!!

I also love my e/s (I got Corinthian), and I don't know if it's the Refresh that I used as base, or the e/s itself, but again, it's my first time ever where it hasn't bulged nor creased the whole day (I have hooded eyes). I'm very impressed.

I'll definitely update once I'm using the BB creams regularly. The ones I tried that I liked were Dr. Jaart (spelling?) and Dior. I think Dior is the one I'm going to try after I run out.

As for eyeshadow recommendations--do you like gold tones? I really love Nutmeg and Goldstone. Both are a bright golden tone that really make eyes pop! It's really great against blue/green eyes. I also love jojo (everyone needs this) and Spicy.

May I suggest Bordeaux...it's beautiful and would look good with Corinthian. And I agree about Refresh, I have it and love it to death.

View attachment 1723336
Top is Corinthian, middle is Bordeaux and i added Fig to the mix.

View attachment 1723340
Swatched Corinthian, Bordeaux and Fig and the last one is the layer of all 3.

Oh wow, thank you so so much for taking the time, I totally appreciate it!!!!! And love both Bordeaux and Fig!!!! Maybe I can add 2 this time? LOL

They are really both gorgeous on their own, but also really like the depth of the 3 mixed together, just gorgeous - and totally up my alley, I have a weakness for all things purple where e/s is concerned, as it just works well for me :P

Really, a million thanks! I think I know what I'll be doing on Saturday ;)

I'll definitely update once I'm using the BB creams regularly. The ones I tried that I liked were Dr. Jaart (spelling?) and Dior. I think Dior is the one I'm going to try after I run out.

As for eyeshadow recommendations--do you like gold tones? I really love Nutmeg and Goldstone. Both are a bright golden tone that really make eyes pop! It's really great against blue/green eyes. I also love jojo (everyone needs this) and Spicy.

Thank you - I'm generally more of a silver gal, but I have decided to try to get out of my comfort zone lately, as there are some gorgeous options out there that actually may work really well for me! I will definitely check these out on Saturday, as I think gold/bronzey tones may indeed work really well for me, especially now that the weather is getting better :smile:

I really appreciate the suggestions, it's really a bit overwhelming when you are in front of all those colors, and knowing what works well alone and together really helps!

Neo007 said:
Oh wow, thank you so so much for taking the time, I totally appreciate it!!!!! And love both Bordeaux and Fig!!!! Maybe I can add 2 this time? LOL

They are really both gorgeous on their own, but also really like the depth of the 3 mixed together, just gorgeous - and totally up my alley, I have a weakness for all things purple where e/s is concerned, as it just works well for me :P

Really, a million thanks! I think I know what I'll be doing on Saturday ;)

You're welcome :smile: Maybe you'll update us here on this thread?