Proof that a 50 yr old lady can still be beautiful! Rehab reveal!

I'm sitting here with a sad face because you're story is over. What a great author you are!

50 years old. Good golly miss molly. That bag is probably older than most of the Coachies on tpf. And it looks amazing. That leather, oh dear, that leather.

Your rehabs are wonderful and so much fun to read about and thank you for including us in your adventures!

(and kudos to that cobbler...I didn't think that could be fixed.)

Thank you so much! Yes she is older than most Coachies but not me! I was just a little girl when Bonnie Cashin originally designed her, and that makes her even more special because she is a part of my Baby Boomer history!

And the cobbler really did a wonderful job! I am so glad that I had the good sense to take her to a professional rather than trying to fix her myself. I would have surely damaged the frame.

If I look closely there are a couple of "tiny dimples" on the inside of the kisslock frame but they are barely noticeable, and he was careful not to make any marks on the outside! Nice work!

Thank you! In the past, whenever I've day-dreamed about finding an original Cashin Coach in great condition at a fabulous price, I always dreamed that it would be one of the watermelon totes! No such luck, but maybe it will happen someday. In the meantime I am enjoying this sweet little bag.

And you may be better off not getting bitten by the "rehabbing bug" because it is overwhelming! I have a pile of bags to rehab, not enough time, and I just bought a navy Willis today! I have to stop going to thrift stores! I mean it! (I hope!)

Yes, and I do NOT need another purse kind of addiction! The one I have is bad enough!

That's the way that I think too! Not only is this a special little bag because it is beautiful and it was designed by a very talented and unusual woman, but because it has survived so much history and she is still functional and gorgeous! Thank you!

Congratulations! You did a fantastic job and deserve to enjoy that gorgeous bag! And it's good to know that with care and luck, a Cashin bag can survive the spa treatment. :tup:

Congratulations! You did a fantastic job and deserve to enjoy that gorgeous bag! And it's good to know that with care and luck, a Cashin bag can survive the spa treatment. :tup:

Thank you! I did some research but I couldn't find any examples of anyone that ever gave a bath to a vintage, lined Cashin Coach bag. It was nerve-racking but she came out looking so good that I am really glad that I took the chance.

Before I dunked her, I kept telling myself that "the bag didn't cost much, so if you ruin her it won't be a big loss" but in my heart I knew that she was rare and special and it would be a sad loss if she was ruined by the cleansing process.

But she survived! So now it's time to do the happy dance! :happydance:

Reactions: mwinkelm3
That's the way that I think too! Not only is this a special little bag because it is beautiful and it was designed by a very talented and unusual woman, but because it has survived so much history and she is still functional and gorgeous! Thank you!
You know those new legacy stripe pieces they came out with for spring would probably match the lining of this bag perfectly. They are a bit more pastel colors like BC original lining.

A little scarf or your stripe dog tag fob might look cute around this bag.

Attachments

• 03621373_zi_silver_multicolor.jpg
    03621373_zi_silver_multicolor.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 320
I let her soak for a long time - 30 or 40 minutes - and I also rubbed her down vigoursly inside and out with a soft cloth.

Sometimes I use a soft toothbrush to work on stains when I am giving a bath to a vintage bag but I didn't need to do that with this little bag.
wow..amazing...i keep looking at the pics over and over again...you did a great job and got wonderful results as always! Congrats again!!!