Proof that a 50 yr old lady can still be beautiful! Rehab reveal!

Thanks so much, I am delighted with her! And I am delighted that I have so many nice fellow Coachies to share her with, because I know that you all appreciate just how special she is!

Yes this rehab means a lot-- because it inspires me and others here to be more fearless to fix up these gorgeous old beauties!! I love being here with kindred spirits..and being "NEW"ish to Coach bags, my little "small shopper" was one of the first bags I EVER bought on ebay because I just instantly KNEW I loved her..basically based on first time I ever saw photos from the Cashin Foundation photo gallery, it was just LOVE!! :love: It's a wonderful find, and a beautiful job.

A sweet little bag living up to it's name...a legacy indeed.

She is beautiful and I hope you intend to use her...she's shown she can last that's the perfect way to pay tribute to the Ms. Cashin and her great sense of style.

Your rehab and storyline made this thread a real treat. ;)

PS...where's that darn font size thingy? LOL I'm older than your handbag and I'm taking your rehab and how your Cashin bag endured and just got better and better as a personal mantra. LOL

Oh wow... She is so unique I love her!!! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

And she was lined and washed??! Wow! Brave woman! So happy she really looks fab!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

wow..amazing...i keep looking at the pics over and over again...you did a great job and got wonderful results as always! Congrats again!!!

Congratulations!!! Lovely bag and great job on the rehab!

Awesomness...........

You never fail to inspire and amaze me!

Thank you, but she was an easy rehab and I had fun bringing her back to beauty. My best skill in this rehab was recognizing her quality even though she was stuck in with the cheap bags with a $2 price tag!

You know those new legacy stripe pieces they came out with for spring would probably match the lining of this bag perfectly. They are a bit more pastel colors like BC original lining.

A little scarf or your stripe dog tag fob might look cute around this bag.

I rarely decorate my vintage bags, I have tried a few times but I usually decide that they look better streamlined and plain, but maybe I will try to give this little some extra bling and see how she looks, thanks!

While reading this thread, I actually gasped out loud at the pics of her in the water!!!! I know, I know, judging by the AMAZING outcome,it was necessary! But katev you are a brave woman!!!
She looks gorgeous!!! I am very inspired by katev, and all the other rehabbers here.
thanks for sharing the journey and all the amazing advice and expertise!

You have such a talent for preserving Coach's history. I think they should give you a special tour of their vault!

Yes, that would be cool...if she does ever get a chance to visit the vault, I hope to be hitching along-even if I'm found hiding in her luggage LOL....

if they start letting the Coachies take tours they will need better security than Fort Knox!

Yes this rehab means a lot-- because it inspires me and others here to be more fearless to fix up these gorgeous old beauties!! I love being here with kindred spirits..and being "NEW"ish to Coach bags, my little "small shopper" was one of the first bags I EVER bought on ebay because I just instantly KNEW I loved her..basically based on first time I ever saw photos from the Cashin Foundation photo gallery, it was just LOVE!! :love: It's a wonderful find, and a beautiful job.

Thank you, it is great to have a bag twin that also appreciates this little beauty! :ghi5:

A sweet little bag living up to it's name...a legacy indeed.

She is beautiful and I hope you intend to use her...she's shown she can last that's the perfect way to pay tribute to the Ms. Cashin and her great sense of style.

Your rehab and storyline made this thread a real treat. ;)

PS...where's that darn font size thingy? LOL I'm older than your handbag and I'm taking your rehab and how your Cashin bag endured and just got better and better as a personal mantra. LOL

I'm older than she is too! I will find some opportunities to carry her, thank you!

While reading this thread, I actually gasped out loud at the pics of her in the water!!!! I know, I know, judging by the AMAZING outcome,it was necessary! But katev you are a brave woman!!!
She looks gorgeous!!! I am very inspired by katev, and all the other rehabbers here.
thanks for sharing the journey and all the amazing advice and expertise!

Thanks! The first time I gave a bath to a vintage bag I was very nervous, but if the bag is too dirty and distressed to carry then I figured that I might as well go for it! Now I prefer bathing them because I will know that they are clean; but this one was a little nerve-racking because of the lining but she did just fine!

She came out phenomenal!!! And how lucky that the Coach tag was covered up! Here our Salvation Army gets the occasional Coach bag, but they are always stuck in the glass case and overpriced for what they are. I have actually never found one there that I would buy for the price they ask. This bag was just simply meant to find you, and I am so glad it did, because now that you have shown it can be dunked, hopefully it will inspire more Bonnie Cashin rescue work! I now know what to look for, and have my eyes open!!