Mulberry CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elvis (and everyone else) ,something to make you smile a bit (or directly laugh at me,you have my permission) I think I've hit a new low with my online sweets and chocolate buying,I made an order on Sunday on a german website and no,I don't speak any german so I keep getting this update emails which I don't understand a word of,I'm kind of assuming that one of them was a confirmation and the other a dispatch notification (at least that's what I hope) the things I do for chocolate :nogood:

Ive never had any german sweets or choc- is this a trial or are they ones you know and love?

Ive never had any german sweets or choc- is this a trial or are they ones you know and love?

The sweets aren't even german,some Milka chocolate varieties that are not available in Spain and I liked the sound of, some more Reeses and Haribos....,it was just too tempting for me to resist as the delivery cost is fairly cheap too

Lol - Lorelei. I did something similiar when I ordered a dress from a French website. I got several emails before I realised from my school girl translations that the colour dress I ordered was sold out & would I like to try it in a different colour instead? I emailed back in pidgeon French and said yes. The dress arrived and it was too small so I had the trauma of emailing agin to explain and to send it back. Lesson learnt!
Hope your choccies arrived safely!

Thanks Lola,if they don't arrive I'll just have to ask DH for help as he can get by in german,I'd just rather not :graucho:

I must admit that a few months ago I was really upset over something - I was in a coffee shop and as the girl handed me my coffee I spilt it and she was so nice about cleaning it up for me - I started to cry. She was really lovely and told me she had cried in the bank a couple of weeks before - she was so stressed out and they wouldn't help her with something. I was glad that I wasn't the only one to do something like that in public. Tbh her problems were much worse than mine - would you believe she told me that her house had burned down a couple of months before that? Sometimes you just never know the stresses and strains that people are living with - sometimes it has to come out.

I once got so stressed out when my tinnitus flared up I booked a massage to try and relax and ended up sobbing my heart out face down with my head in the hole on the massage table. I was trying to be subtle but the position meant i reached a point where my nose was going to run onto the floor through the hole (gross I know) and I had to ask for a tissue. I think the poor girl doing the massage was quite freaked out!!

I think a good sob was more therapeutic than the massage

Good luck for the visit Riff. I don't know much about neurosurgery but I am sure there was a damn good reason for the surgeons to alter their plans. Sometimes they put a shunt in that has a little reservoir under the skin of the scalp. I am sure when your bruv and SIL see the surgeons, they will explain all.
I picked up from your previous posts that 'the SM had NF1 but I did not realize she had malignant tumours. I am so sorry to hear this. I am Amazed at the capacity of kids to cope. She is lucky to have such a wonderful and loving family.

Elvis, do you know the book (silly question, I expect!) 'Elvis Presley Unseen Archives'?
It's more photos than text (my kinda book!), and I especially like the unposed ones :cool:

yes sme- I have a few copies of that one - some gorgeous pics in it- my dad even went and bought me a copy when it came out -bless him and he was never one for shopping- so that one is especially treasured!! you are getting a bit of a fan on the side now arent you??? hope so!!

The sweets aren't even german,some Milka chocolate varieties that are not available in Spain and I liked the sound of, some more Reeses and Haribos....,it was just too tempting for me to resist as the delivery cost is fairly cheap too

yum yum- think I may succomb to some haribos on the train tomorrow- well they are always there at the till in WHSmith!!:graucho:

I once got so stressed out when my tinnitus flared up I booked a massage to try and relax and ended up sobbing my heart out face down with my head in the hole on the massage table. I was trying to be subtle but the position meant i reached a point where my nose was going to run onto the floor through the hole (gross I know) and I had to ask for a tissue. I think the poor girl doing the massage was quite freaked out!!

I have Tinnitus too and when i first got it i was so upset about it but reflexology was really good for me and now i can live with it.

Oh ML I had to laugh at you sobbing during a massage. I had an aromatherapy massage once and dribbled through the hole as I fell asleep. I think I got away with it though.

Lola, I'm sure I told you that I cried in Starbucks a few weeks ago. My mum had been mean again and I just bawled. Lots of people looked very embarassed! I felt better afterwards though.

yes sme- I have a few copies of that one - some gorgeous pics in it- my dad even went and bought me a copy when it came out -bless him and he was never one for shopping- so that one is especially treasured!! you are getting a bit of a fan on the side now arent you??? hope so!!

Ha ha, I think I might be ;)

Did you manage to sort your clothes/bag for tomorrow? How far do you have to go, I hope you don't have to stand all the way :nuts:

only to birmingham!! clothes are sorted- ie one of the two suits I can currently fit into-and a loose blouse!! alexa is packed as handbag- hands free- but bays is groaning at the seams and half the stuff isnt in it yet!!

I have Tinnitus too and when i first got it i was so upset about it but reflexology was really good for me and now i can live with it.

I might just have to try that. I find it difficult to ignore my inner sceptic regarding alternative therapies being medical, but lots of people have told me reflexology worked for them.
It took me 18 months to learn to ignore the ringing initially and mostly I am fine. It has flared up twice to the point of needing sleeping pills so I will def look into this. Willing to try anything to avoid being bothered by it again. It's funny isn't it- it's hard for other people to understand how unpleasant it is to never be able to appreciate silence!!

Good evening - afternoon?

Sorry but I really lol on 'dribbled through the hole', I had similar incident during massage, half asleep :lolots: The hands can't reach obviously, so that was tricky moment of my life. (How's finger sucking chart is going, LadyBo? Hope it's not too stressful for neither of you :smile:)

Ohhh lovely talk about sweets & chocs - please post pics Lorelei, when they are arrived safely...:heart:

Elvis hope tomorrow won't be too bad for you - I'm off, having a day with DD at Westfield shopping (mainly for her!).

Talking about Teenagers' fasion, can I ask what is the general opinion over 'Jane norman'? Tbh I don't like some of their clothes, imo too tarty. I can live with cheap & cheerful high street teenage clothed DD but somehow have positive reaction against Jane Norman. Of course DD thinks I'm too old to understand. Eeeeeek! :blah: Sorry if any of you are fun - just my totally personal (Mary Whitehouse) opinion!

Riff, still sending good vibes to your family... :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.