Is anyone getting tired of Coach?

I was into Signature Coach for awhile and got very sick of it. I liked the old leather bags they made and seemed the quality was not the same. But I want one from the Legacy Line. It's the only bag that looks "Back to the Basics". The Price is higher of course, but since it's their 65th anniversary they are celebrating with a price increase. I won't pay 800.00 for a Coach bag until they come out with some Kick @ss Leather.

But what about the LV Elli?

Well, while Coach is very good quality, I think LV is better, so while I think the old Coach prices were enough for their quality, I think LV is still worth it when they raise the prices. I don't know, just an opinion.

Plus Coach is raising their prices because they want to fit in with and be considered one of the best handbag designers, and I don't think that most of their current bags are really the BEST, or even really near that. I don't know why LV raises prices, whether its because they need to make more money or whatever else it is, but its not the same reason as Coach...

Well, while Coach is very good quality, I think LV is better, so while I think the old Coach prices were enough for their quality, I think LV is still worth it when they raise the prices. I don't know, just an opinion.

Plus Coach is raising their prices because they want to fit in with and be considered one of the best handbag designers, and I don't think that most of their current bags are really the BEST, or even really near that. I don't know why LV raises prices, whether its because they need to make more money or whatever else it is, but its not the same reason as Coach...

Really? How do you know it isn't possibly the same reason? Or why do you think that Coach is raising their prices to just seem like a better quality brand? I'm just curious about where you're getting your information from.

My husband and I went to see George Lopez (comedian) on New Years Eve at the Gibson Ampitheater in Hollywood. I am not exagerating when I say that every single woman I saw was carrying a Coach bag. Every one. Most were small jacquard hobos and holiday patchworks. This was one week after Christmas, so I assume Coach must done a pretty brisk business for Holiday '06. It gets worse. Though I rarely carry Coach any more, I decided to carry my Gold Dusted Tortilla bag that night. I felt like such a lemming. Oh well, at least I had the coolest Coach in the house that night!!

I have several Coach bags but am seriously into Tokidoki right now so they are all wrapped up snug in their dust bags sitting in the closet. That being said, I haven't really seen anything in their last few catalogs that I just "had to have". Unfortunately, the bags are getting really expensive and not fitting into my current purse budget.

I'm not a huge fan of the signature stuff, but that's the same with many brands. Coach, Gucci, LV... 3 of my favorites, all have tons of logo stuff. Coach's 65th Anniversary Legacy line is absolutely gorgeous and they're really starting to branch out some from the basic signature stuff.

The only Coach bags I like are the 2 kelly bags (one black, one wheat) that I have from their limited edition Gramercy collection. I do like those very much. However, I never liked their C logos. I also have 2 bags from their classic collection that I got as gifts. It collects dust in my closet. I'm not very fond of that classic leather. There are couple here and there that I find cute, but overall not a fan.

Really? How do you know it isn't possibly the same reason? Or why do you think that Coach is raising their prices to just seem like a better quality brand? I'm just curious about where you're getting your information from.

I DON'T know. But I'm going to assume that LV is not raising prices to be viewed as a "better" brand, because by so many people they already are considered a "better" brand. But that's just an opinion based on, really, nothing.

I read this: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/di...ach-15205.html?highlight=coach+raising+prices in late April and it just stuck in my mind. I now, after having reread the posts after several months, realize that things I stated as facts were only opinions of people who posted there, and that that was all I based my statements on. Sorry :smile:

I've never understood the hype over Coach bags. I think they are very plain and rather boring. Yes, they had good quality and all, but I still don't understand the hype. They aren't anything special IMHO.